Spring Ball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    I was just looking at the ESPN+ TV schedule and we're not on it at this point. I'm not sure if there was a plan to broadcast it or not.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I took the grandkids to the scrimmage and got there plenty early to take part in the Sheakley field family/kids activities. It was crowded and I wish that they had more than one face painter. I got the kids their UC gear for the year.

As for the game, Bryant fumbled on the very first snap. On the third snap, it was line movement. I just did not see a good flow in the game when Bryant was playing. The offense seemed to move a bit more with Jones taking the snaps. Sauce was in the house and they interviewed him on the screen, as in his style, he said very little but to the point. Turned out to be a good day to spend on campus. There were kids there wearing Sauce NY jerseys which was kind of interesting to see. We did not stay for after the game meet the team because having a 5-year-old girl and a 9-year-old boy did not make it the priority. I was disappointed with parking becuase the email that I received from UC said that it was $5 for parking but the two garages that we went to both said that they had to be prepaid and that they would not take anyone without a prepaid parking. Also, a little bit disappointed with the announcing of the game. It seemed like the announcer only made a comment about every 6 plays or so. Being a new team, new coach, I was hoping to hear names on every play.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
        I took the grandkids to the scrimmage and got there plenty early to take part in the Sheakley field family/kids activities. It was crowded and I wish that they had more than one face painter. I got the kids their UC gear for the year.

As for the game, Bryant fumbled on the very first snap. On the third snap, it was line movement. I just did not see a good flow in the game when Bryant was playing. The offense seemed to move a bit more with Jones taking the snaps. Sauce was in the house and they interviewed him on the screen, as in his style, he said very little but to the point. Turned out to be a good day to spend on campus. There were kids there wearing Sauce NY jerseys which was kind of interesting to see. We did not stay for after the game meet the team because having a 5-year-old girl and a 9-year-old boy did not make it the priority. I was disappointed with parking becuase the email that I received from UC said that it was $5 for parking but the two garages that we went to both said that they had to be prepaid and that they would not take anyone without a prepaid parking. Also, a little bit disappointed with the announcing of the game. It seemed like the announcer only made a comment about every 6 plays or so. Being a new team, new coach, I was hoping to hear names on every play.
        how did the o-line look and the secondary.

Comment

The O-line had holes in it and the defense exploited it keeping runs to a minimum and making Bryant ineffective. The D-line looked really good. The Secondary had some plays, but it was the short/under throws that were open most of the time that I saw.

Keep in mind that today for me was spending time with the grandkids which kept me occupied more than watching the scrimmage.

Comment

This is a nice take on today.

https://twitter.com/timpadams1/statu...ll_M12k0A&s=19

"After reading several accounts of today’s game, I’m surmising that Bryant exits spring with a slight lead over Jones, but Jones is still in the hunt. Barry Jackson is the literal and figurative steal of the ‘23 recruiting class, and Drogosh is the key to future success in Big 12."
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Bryant under center this year will significantly reduce
              my enthusiasm for this year. Rather than plug a one
              year only Jones who hasn’t made an offense really shine, I’d take a learning on the field Drogosh based on the highlights I’ve seen of him.
              Last edited by Bearcat93; 04-16-2023, 12:12 AM.

Comment

The only area in the spring game that really impressed me was the D-line. QB situation remains unclear, but I doubt BB has developed improved running skills/speed during the past year. Honestly, I will be completely delighted if the team finishes 6-6 next year.

B.C.
                "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I'd say this defense has a chance to be really special. Front seven are fairly deep and as athletic as I've seen. Expect a lot of pressure, and the two transfers(Grzesiak&Jones) to make a lot of noise. I also thought the def. backfield was solid. Underneath stuff you are not going to stop as we saw under Fickell. Kid from Flordia can play. It wouldn't surprise me if Barry Jackson starts at wr as good as he looks. He'll play as a frosh. OL had like 3 or 4 guys out with injury including Elder transfer Kendra from Louisville. However, I thought the team overall looks much more organized and execution was better than in the past. This coaching staff seems very coordinated from what I've seen versus the past. Notable Injuries to OL: Luke Kandra, Luke Dalton, Mao Glynn II, Landon Fickell. Drogosh looks like he's the real deal.

Comment

A decent summary although it just paints everything rosy. Bearcats Kick Off Satterfield Era with Exciting Spring Game - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X