Coaching Carousel 2023

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedd Fisch just left Arizona for Washington
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-14-2024, 07:14 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• ESPN is reporting that Jim Harbaugh has interviewed with the LA Chargers. He was at FCS San Diego years ago before his Stanford stint and probably knows the Spanos family.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Thamel says Arizona and Brent Brennan have agreed to a 5-year deal.

Brennan is coming from San Jose State, where he went 34-48 in seven seasons, including 7-5 in 2022 and 7-6 in 2023 -- without knowing more about him, those numbers alone do not suggest a wow hire...

Looks like they started 1-5 this past season, then won six straight before falling in a bowl game.

Comment

• There have been four candidates identified for the opening at UM. Bruce Feldman Identifies Four Candidates to Replace Jim Harbaugh at Michigan (msn.com)
          No, Harbaugh has not resigned.

Comment

• Ranking the new coaching hires.....
            Ranking the new college football coaching hires for 2024 (msn.com)

Comment

• Earlier this week, Buffalo head coach Mo Linguist -- who I believe UC interviewed last year -- left for Alabama. That is at least two head coaches who have taken assistant coach positions at Alabama (plus the Kent State guy joined Colorado the prior season). Interesting trend...

Comment

• Major Applewhite reportedly the next head coach at South Alabama

Comment

• Former UC HC (1989-1993) Tim Murphy is retiring from Harvard after 30 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                    Earlier this week, Buffalo head coach Mo Linguist -- who I believe UC interviewed last year -- left for Alabama. That is at least two head coaches who have taken assistant coach positions at Alabama (plus the Kent State guy joined Colorado the prior season). Interesting trend...
                    Two theories on how/why that trend is good.

One: the whole improve yourself by surrounding yourself with the best. Learning from the head coach and the entire staff of peers who to prepare, what little things matter, such as nutrition, strength training, and how to make a broader impact on players, while also getting better with X's and O's. From gameplanning, scouting, recruiting, offseason, pre-season camps, and games; there's just a lot that can still be learned to help advance yourself or ressurrect your career.

Two: Recruiting. For all of the talk of Nick Saban about not wanting to pay players or being critical of NIL, my guess is 'Bama has a collective in place if they are continually signing classes that are ranked top 5 or higher. A HC taking an assistant position will learn the whole process. What does it take to establish a good NIL alumni network. Making connections with coaches, top rated recruits, and their families. Which insiders or rating services can help make the best connections year in and year out. I'm sure there's a lot more to it that is also surprising and good for even experienced head coaches.

Today's Head Coaches have to have the same skill sets top managers and CEO's have at top corporations, in addition to knowing the game and being likable enough for parents to entrust their 18 year old kids with you.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• The stealers coach is gone. Do you think Pittsburgh will dip into the college ranks or go after an existing NFL OC or DC?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                        The stealers coach is gone. Do you think Pittsburgh will dip into the college ranks or go after an existing NFL OC or DC?
                        Where did you get this info? It's not being reported on ESPN of NFL network. If they fire Tomlin they are totally stupid....and I hate the Steelers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Where did you get this info? It's not being reported on ESPN of NFL network. If they fire Tomlin they are totally stupid....and I hate the Steelers.
                          I saw it posted on social media. I guess that I should know better than to believe fb. Sorry, I should have done my own research.

Comment

• Pete Lembo to Buffalo. Former Ball State coach and currently an asst at South Carolina
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Pete Thamel is reporting that San Jose State has finalized a deal to make former Navy HC Ken Niumatalolo their next HC. Mr. Thamel didn't mention the type of offense SJS will run, so that could be interesting.

Coach Niumatalolo seems to be a good guy. I was in Maryland when Navy waxed the Bearcats under ExHC Fickell, and he gave UC a lot of grace, talking about how hard it is to prepare for Navy during a season. Mr. Fickell fixed that problem the next year by concentrating on Navy at Higher Ground during the practices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                                Pete Thamel is reporting that San Jose State has finalized a deal to make former Navy HC Ken Niumatalolo their next HC. Mr. Thamel didn't mention the type of offense SJS will run, so that could be interesting.

Coach Niumatalolo seems to be a good guy. I was in Maryland when Navy waxed the Bearcats under ExHC Fickell, and he gave UC a lot of grace, talking about how hard it is to prepare for Navy during a season. Mr. Fickell fixed that problem the next year by concentrating on Navy at Higher Ground during the practices.
                                Somebody mentioned, and I've lost the article, that SJSU will NOT be runnning the triple option.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X