Pittsburgh 9/9 6:30 CW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pittsburgh 9/9 6:30 CW

Terrible turf warning and a weird start time for this one. Pitt should be a much better test of where we are as a team after yesterday. Somebody needs to pull the River CIty Rivalry trophy out of storage for this. I'd like to beat Pitt on their own field just for helping pull the rug out from under the Big East.

Pitt is mostly reliant on QB Phil Jurkovec who transferred in from BC. He's a mostly a pocket passer that threw for 214yds against FCS Wofford yesterday in a 45-7 victory for the Panthers. It's hard to tell against FCS teams but it looks like a pretty balanced attack and running back by committee.

Here's the box score from Wofford:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401525465

It's almost too early in the season for comparitive stats between UC and Pitt but on paper we had the better offense this past weekend.

ESPN predictor is only giving us a 40% chance of winning and I think that's probably wrong.

TV for this game is a national (?) broadcast on the CW Network. This is the first time we've ever played a game on that network. CW is available over the air locally with an antenna, on cable TV or through streaming services (in theory). I think we established that Raycom Sports is handling this non conference broadcast for the ACC. I have no idea what announcers we're going to get or how good the broadcast will be, etc. Can't be any worse than playing Marshall on Facebook Watch Live though.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Just found this handy tool from CW

. Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 8.57.51 AM.png
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

For those in other cities here's the station finder. Plug in your zip code.

https://www.cwtv.com/thecw/stations/
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Any idea how to find the right CW on Hulu?
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
          Any idea how to find the right CW on Hulu?
          If it's truly a national broadcast, it shouldn't matter but I'll take a look into it.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Terrible turf warning and a weird start time for this one. Pitt should be a much better test of where we are as a team after yesterday. Somebody needs to pull the River CIty Rivalry trophy out of storage for this. I'd like to beat Pitt on their own field just for helping pull the rug out from under the Big East.

Pitt is mostly reliant on QB Phil Jurkovec who transferred in from BC. He's a mostly a pocket passer that threw for 214yds against FCS Wofford yesterday in a 45-7 victory for the Panthers. It's hard to tell against FCS teams but it looks like a pretty balanced attack and running back by committee.

Here's the box score from Wofford:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401525465

It's almost too early in the season for comparitive stats between UC and Pitt but on paper we had the better offense this past weekend.

ESPN predictor is only giving us a 40% chance of winning and I think that's probably wrong.

TV for this game is a national (?) broadcast on the CW Network. This is the first time we've ever played a game on that network. CW is available over the air locally with an antenna, on cable TV or through streaming services (in theory). I think we established that Raycom Sports is handling this non conference broadcast for the ACC. I have no idea what announcers we're going to get or how good the broadcast will be, etc. Can't be any worse than playing Marshall on Facebook Watch Live though.
            Update on the trophy. Apparently the trophy has Big East written on it and as such, will not awarded going forward. Congratulations on ruining that Pitt.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Update on the trophy. Apparently the trophy has Big East written on it and as such, will not awarded going forward. Congratulations on ruining that Pitt.
              At least UC holds the trophy.

Comment

I'm almost tempted to John Cunningham if he was on staff at Syracuse when this went down. I think he might have been
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

In case anyone is wondering, the 6:00 p.m. programming ahead of the 6:30 UC/Pitt game on Saturday is Two and a Half Men.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                    In case anyone is wondering, the 6:00 p.m. programming ahead of the 6:30 UC/Pitt game on Saturday is Two and a Half Men.
                    At least it won't run over the broadcast window and punt the game to ESPNews
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am not opposed to CW airing games. I suspect that the announcing will be awful though.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                        I am not opposed to CW airing games. I suspect that the announcing will be awful though.
                        Since I still don't have ESPN, give me all the CW games!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Since I still don't have ESPN, give me all the CW games!
                          Turn the TV on but the volume off and listen to the game with our homeboys on 700 WLW. I hate the 3 second delay though.

Comment

Where’s the UC tailgate zone for this game?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Turn the TV on but the volume off and listen to the game with our homeboys on 700 WLW. I hate the 3 second delay though.
                              dan hoard tweeted, last saturday, how to sync the tv and radio up. if you follow him, you should be able to find it

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X