No announcement yet.

Pittsburgh 9/9 6:30 CW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was disappointed there was not about 8,000-10,000 UC fans here. I really thought more would make the fairly short trip since there aren't too many options for that.

Our corner backs looked suspect all second half. That makes me nervous moving forward.

Kiner was looking good tonight.

Best pass of the night was an almost unbelievably placed pass by our wide receiver, Braden Smith. That same receiver made an unreal adjustment on the ball for a touchdown. Player of the game in my book.

Going for it on 4th and one that deep in our territory near the end was....not sure of the right adjective. Holy cow.
    Last edited by UC4me; 09-09-2023, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      It didn't take long to score. I hope that not being able to punch that second drive in does not haunt us later. 10-0 early. Keep it up.

Hindsight, Kiner should have been replaced after his long run on the second drive.
      Was disappointed Kiner was caught. Missed the
      ensuing plays that led to the FG. Was obviously
      disappointed with only 3 there.

Comment

I am not opposed to CW airing games. I suspect that the announcing will be awful though.
        They were indeed awful. ACC homers- guess shouldn’t have
        expected differently.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
          followed on yahoo's play by play while watching Texas game --- I enjoyed it watching it that way, but would have loved to see it. I didn't listen to the radio.. Kiner had a big game was the o-line making big holes
          Huge holes for 2.5 qtr from what I saw. Not great
          the rest of the way. Not sure if Pitt adjusted or
          we petered out ?

Comment

Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post

They were indeed awful. ACC homers- guess shouldn’t have
            expected differently.
            The officials were BigXII officials. We may see more of the same this season.

Comment

In the last two drive Pitt QB was just trowing prayers, he had good pressure all game. Some of those PI called balls were not catchable. Most of the pundits gave UC no chance of winning this game.

Comment

Mostly great game with officiating aiding PItt. I am still concerned with the secondary. I keep thinking that Coombs does not properly coach the secondary. Anyone else concerned??

Comment

The D-line won the game for UC. The Pitt QB was under pressure the entire night. Refs certainly helped Pitt get back in the game.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

On some of the pass interference calls, our defenders came close to making very good plays. Our defensive backs did have some great breakups, and Pitt was only 10 for 32 passing, so overall I thought the defensive backs were strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                      Mostly great game with officiating aiding PItt. I am still concerned with the secondary. I keep thinking that Coombs does not properly coach the secondary. Anyone else concerned??
                      I had the same concern. Especially when they couldn't get lined up properly for a 3 plays in a row near the goal line. They also busted some coverages and Jurkovec couldn't get enough time to hit the receiver. I'm not sure what Justin Harris is supposed to do on a couple of those PI calls. One of them should have been on the receiver. We need to figure out how to cover TEs in general it would appear.

I have to wonder how many sacks we would have had if the aggregious holding by PItt's O-line had been flagged. I think the zebras got one right all night.

On the other side of things, Kiner had himself a night and the offense was clicking pretty well until the 3rd quarter.

How about the highlight reel catch by Braden Smith? Crazy adjustment to the ball. SC Top 10 stuff.

I'm more concerned about the 2nd half collapse in that game then all of the other stuff. We had everything going our way , did nothing coming out from halftime and just kind of hung on for dear life. They locked down Xzavier Henderson entirely and we had trouble on offense outside of Kiner.

Box:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401525496

Last edited by Lobot; 09-10-2023, 09:29 AM.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

The officials were BigXII officials. We may see more of the same this season.
                        I know that the announcers said that the replay officials were Big 12. Not sure if the field officials were Big 12 or not.

Comment

Defense line was tremendous. The secondary will be exposed if the defense line can’t get to the QB.

Comment

9 minutes of highlights. Cincinnati vs. Pitt Game Highlights | 2023 ACC Football - Bing video

Comment

I too am worried about our coverage from the CBs. I hate how KC coaches face guarding. Guys never track the ball which opens you up to give up huge plays and PI calls. I hated how he coached this his first go around at UC. He left and our corners instantly became better and got more TOs. He clearly coaches face guarding and then strip the ball. Nowhere does it seems like our DBs track a football when it's in the air. So many 50/50 throws that should not have been completed but were because our guys are clueless where the ball is in the air.

10/32 is great but that's because our DL is stellar and gave no time for Jurkovec to throw. It will be different against better offenses in the Big12 and a bit concerning.

Comment

I know that the announcers said that the replay officials were Big 12. Not sure if the field officials were Big 12 or not.
                                Looked like they were going out of their way to make sure they couldn't be accused of favoring their own conference. A couple of the PI calls were down right silly.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X