Miami 9/16 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami 9/16 7:00 ESPN+

Nipp at Night for Miami. Can't wait to see the crowd for this one since Oktoberfest is that weekend. Should be verrrry interesting.

In case you're keeping track still, the streak is at 16 and the Redhawks haven't won the game since 2005 in Oxford. There really hasn't been anything close since the Tuberville era and Fickell's first season. Miami always plays us tough for a half or so and then folds. I don't expect this to be much different since we're at home.

Here's the full breakdown of the series.

https://www.winsipedia.com/games/cincinnati/vs/miami-oh

Miami is QB'd by Brett Gabbert and they lean about 2:1 pass to run. I'm not putting too much stock in the stats because their win was against UMass who is basically a FCS team at this point. They got their clocked cleaned against the other Miami in week one.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/193
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-10-2023, 01:47 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

The Redskins had a hay day against UMass. I do not read too much into this given the competition. But it does show that Miami has some talent. Miami (Ohio) receiver Gage Larvadain lights up UMass with 273 receiving yards, 3 TDs as RedHawks win | AP News

Comment

I bet you would hear someone say hooray for ESPN plus. Hooray
      I have to go to a wedding put I can catch the replay.

Comment

This week's fan wardrobe color of choice is BLACK.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Hoping we can find better balance in our passing game this week. Braden and Dee had some good production, but Henderson was pretty much a non factor at Pitt.
          Last edited by Bearcat93; 09-12-2023, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
            Hoping we can find better balance in our passing game this week. Henderson was pretty much a non factor at Pitt.
            I'll agree with that. Henderson had 1 catch for 10 yards agasinst Pitt. Narduzzi's a defensive guy so I'm sure they intentionally targeted Henderson since he was our best receiver the previous week. Other guys made plays but I think we would have won that game going away if we'd had better balance. It's a good thing they couldn't stop Kiner.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Announcers:
              Shawn Kenney, Brad Hopkins

Comment

Kiner may not have that extra gear on long runs but man, his power & balance so far is impressive. I suppose there will be teams keying on Kiner/UC’s run game in an attempt to see how Emory and the WR’s can carry the offense.

Comment

Scott Springer preview with a 38-16 prediction
                  https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...n/70828689007/

Comment

Sell Out!! That's 13 in a row.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I bet Miami doesn't bring 1000 fans. FB fan interest might be at an all-time low up in Oxford.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

UC a 14.0 point favorite, per ESPN.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                          I bet Miami doesn't bring 1000 fans. FB fan interest might be at an all-time low up in Oxford.

B.C.
                          I think UC elevating its game in both academics and sports has left Miami hurting on both fronts a bit. I can remember when they had more fans at Yager we did at Nippert. Definitely not the case anymore. Miami's been hanging around that supposed minimum D1 attendance line for a while now. Hard to get excited about 6-6 every year.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nip at night. A must read for all Bearcat fans. Oh, you should watch the embedded video as well. 100 Years of Nippert at Night - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

100 years of Nippert at Night.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/9/1...-at-night.aspx
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X