Miami 9/16 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 things lost the game for UC.
    1. On 7 possessions inside the 10 yard line, the ‘Cats scored 16 points (49 possible).
    2. The defense is not living up to pre-season expectations, the DBs in particular.
    They outgained MU by nearly 200 yards but allowed MU’s offense to be efficient with those yards gained by allowing 31 points. Red zone wins you games and they were simply outplayed there tonight.

Comment

Simply put, Satterfield’s play calling did not set UC up to win. Our secondary was suspect last week, too, but man, we will get torched next week. Def line MIA for the most part last night. What a reality check. Not sure how good Emory really is after these last two games. As I said earlier, take some lumps now, grow with Drogosh this year. I’d rather lose a few games growing around a freshman with loads of potential with fours years potentially starting than play a journeyman who might have peaked already.

Comment

Overall very disappointing and I agree with most of the previous posts. Poor play calling, bad execution, and not expecting a strong, inspired Miami team. 24 points with over 500 yards??? I still think Kerry Coombs is a poor defensive back coach. Staying with the receiver is only half of the job. You have to know when to turn your head and play the ball. Wonder if Sauce Gardiner could have excelled with Coombs as his coach. If things don't get turned around, this is gonna be a long, long season.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Miami was loading the box, daring UC to throw. Seven times we had first and goal, and UC never made an adjustment.
          You'd think we'd utilize the TE there but nope, we're just going to run into the loaded box all night.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'd like the point that out there were no shortage of UofL fans and media laughing at us on X/Twitter last night.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Miami & Pitt are pretty bad teams that we barely beat and lost to. Sobering

Comment

Did anyone listen to Satterfield’s post-game comments to Tony Pike? I question his football acumen. There was no substance to his comments, it was just a bunch of nonsense, like our politicians. 7 red zone possessions leads to only 16 points. Game over.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Miami was loading the box, daring UC to throw. Seven times we had first and goal, and UC never made an adjustment.
                  Noticed this as well. It’s obvious they do not trust Emory to throw it in the Red Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Noticed this as well. It’s obvious they do not trust Emory to throw it in the Red Zone.
                    I've noticed that Jones doesn't throw over the middle much at all unless it's a deep post or down the seam. Maybe it just seems that way to me. The exception to that last night was the 2 pt conversion to Metayer. I question why that play was not called at some point for a TD instead of saving it for a 2 pt. conversion.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's the Box Score:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401525835
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Well UC has some work to do this week. Our secondary was horrible & playing off the receivers 5-7 yards. I believe K Combs should not be in charge of the secondary. Make him the recruiting coordinator but get him away from our defense! Also running the up the middle with very little positive yard is preplexing. Miami's defense was in our backfield all day. That has to end.
                        Hopefully, OU will come in over confident & we upset them in our house.
                        Last edited by London 'Cat; 09-17-2023, 11:14 AM.

Comment

That game sucked. The coaching sucked, the defense sucked, the offense sucked, the QB sucked. Even my wife who knows very little about football was complaining that the offense was just running the same play over and over expecting different outcomes. However, one of Miami's TD which was right in front of us came on an offensive pass interference that the officials just plain ignored. The Miami receiver clearly pushed the defender out of the way to catch the ball.

Comment

I don't know Chuck. I just don't know....

When does basketball season start???

Comment

very ungroovy. They had the crowd going for them, but yet where was the enthusiasm?

Comment

Three Thoughts on Cincinnati's 31-24 Loss to Miami (OH) (heartlandcollegesports.com)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X