No announcement yet.

Brigham Young 9/29 10:15 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s this obvious focus on the two turnovers but what about Emory missing that wide open WR last night? Dude cannot throw accurately downfield beyond 10-15 yards

Comment

I watch a lot of football and (seemingly) other teams run very creative pass patterns - we don't - I suppose that's due to our offensive line limitations.

BTW Louisville is undefeated because the NC State QB blows. That game was a circus of errors and neither team has really beaten anyone good so far this season.

I agree with the previous poster - there is something amiss with this year's 'Cats, but we have a puncher's chance against B12 foes such as Baylor, TTU, OSU, WVU (assuming the team doesn't just quit on Coach Satt).

Comment

Maybe Satterfield should just quit calling the offensive plays himself. Let me put this out there for you to think about. What if Satterfield were to be removed, who is available that would take this job that is proven? I cannot think of anyone. I guess that Tucker is available. ;(

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
          Maybe Satterfield should just quit calling the offensive plays himself. Let me put this out there for you to think about. What if Satterfield were to be removed, who is available that would take this job that is proven? I cannot think of anyone. I guess that Tucker is available. ;(
          Coach Satt has to have 3 years before we can fairly evaluate, but...look how quickly the Tennessee program was turned around.

Okay, hear me out on this - I am convinced on Josh Heupel's offensive genius - his last OC (Alex Golesh) went to USF and took over a garbage program that had really fallen off - they played 'Bama tough, pounded Rice and are beating Navy so far today. Heupel's current OC (Joey Halzle sp?) has been with Heupel for a long time and knows creative offense/schemes.I would have Halzle on my radar.

Other suggestions - can we get Gino back here - in some capacity? Lastly, I've touted the Holy Cross coach for a while now, although we probably would want someone with P5 experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            I don't think John Cunningham is going to do that some short of some sort of for cause incident and speculation replacing CSS this soon probably gets us nowhere positive . If the offense isn't more innnovative next season or two, he may want to give up playcalling to save his job becusase it's fairly generic this season for unknown reasons.

In the event that he's let go for some odd reason, you go get Sean Lewis if MSU doesn't . We had the opportunity to hire him the first time and he opted for OC under Deion Sanders. I think John made a conservative hire. He wanted a sitting head coach and I'm hoping it doesn't bite him and the program in the ***. This was the same formula he used hiring Wes and Katrina and Demers in soccer.

Speaking of Deion, it would have been interesting but I don't think he would have been a good fit here outside of recruiting.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I just hope we get better as the season goes on
              our O-line has to improve with game experience. Our backs are fine, receivers and QB have to get on same wave
              Defensive line and linebackers are playing well, secondary is awful and coach and players need to be addressed
              Coach Satt needs to up his game and give other players the opportunity to play, including Brodash and Lichtenfield.
              They like others were recruited as Bearcats! Other starters
              are portal transfers. History is better when you play Bearcats!

Comment

Sorry, Brady Drogosh

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I don't think John Cunningham is going to do that some short of some sort of for cause incident and speculation replacing CSS this soon probably gets us nowhere positive ..
                  I am not advocating on getting rid of CSS. I was just pointing out to those who are quick to call for a change, that there are not many options for an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Daddy_Bearcat_07 View Post
                    I can’t remember a season like this. We’ve had rebuilding or starting out seasons before but everyone from the coaching staff to the 21 transfer players just makes this team feels fake. There’s zero heart and emotion. No pride. No one interested in being a Bearcat. They’ll put on whatever jersey at whatever school will have them. I realize this is happening in a lot of schools with the covid extra year, transfer portal and the NIL but I just don’t care for it and I hate that’s it’s happening to our program. I’m really embarrassed for our university to see these guys wearing Bearcat jerseys and I’m not sure I’ll ever care to see a Bearcat coach wearing a visor again as long as I live. Wish I had a suggestion to offer but I’m tired after a late night and just feel like venting.
                    This is a problem everywhere in college football. Guys have no real loyalty to the school, and jump around to whatever suits their immediate needs/goals best. UC has lots of exceptions. Look at the loyalty of "The Goodfather" and Evan Prater, but many of the starters are here for a year, then will be gone. I suspect that the transfer portal will be very busy this year.

B.C.
                    Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 10-01-2023, 10:49 AM.
                    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

We are not used to losing 3 games in a row. The last time that happened was in Luke Fickell's first year. And by the way, Luke's first year we went 4-8. Butch Jones first year we went 4-8. This year if 3 stupid plays didn't happen, we would more than likely be 4-1 at this point and getting ready for an easier part of the schedule. We returned exactly 1 starter on offense. CSS deserves a chance to get his own players in and get some experience with his system.

Comment

With this QB and offensive play calling, we are staring at 4-8, an underperforming record given the talent on this team. To date, I’m not a Miller fan either-no marquee wins in 2 seasons and a super boring offense.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X