Time for QB change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
    I know this is the wrong thread for this comment but oh well... I really wish we would have gone out and gotten Deion instead of Satt.... Maybe Cunningham should be on the hot seat too if this hire doesn't pan out. I like Wes but the jury is still out on him too. Sure he's nailing it on the recruiting trail but not sure he's shown he can coach.
    i think satterfield came out of a wierd set of circumstances: 1) timing - get a coach before signing day, 2) who was available, 3) lotta love from a big donor, and 4) everyone else said no thanks. CLF really left the 'cats over a barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

i think satterfield came out of a wierd set of circumstances: 1) timing - get a coach before signing day, 2) who was available, 3) lotta love from a big donor, and 4) everyone else said no thanks. CLF really left the 'cats over a barrel.
      I wonder if CLF did this intentionally to derail the upward momentum of UC’s program. He knew before the ‘22 season it would be his last at UC and he tried his best to make it as difficult as possible to recover. UC finally reaches a P5 conference and should have had positive momentum. I would still like to interrogate him about his thought process.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I wonder if CLF did this intentionally to derail the upward momentum of UC’s program. He knew before the ‘22 season it would be his last at UC and he tried his best to make it as difficult as possible to recover. UC finally reaches a P5 conference and should have had positive momentum. I would still like to interrogate him about his thought process.
        I don't think Luke intentionally did anything to derail our program. He did have one foot out the door after the loss to Arkansas, and it showed with recruits and current players. I guess there is one thing positive for Brian Kelly, he blindsided everyone! Luke leaving wasn't a surprise after about week 3 last year. He did what he could to win last year in spite of player growth/development. Hardaway is a prime example. Had Luke recognized last year wasn't going to be a banner NY6 team, he didn't give the young kids enough time to learn on the job so they would be more ready for the Big 12 as their roles were known to be expanding. I rather think Luke tried so hard to play the most experienced players in an effort to win at all costs was a gamble he took to make himself more marketable, rather than any mal intent on player development. As to leaving the cupboards bare, some recruits were able to see his committment and energy weren't fully focused on Clifton, which is more an indicator he's a bad poker player.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I know this is the wrong thread for this comment but oh well... I really wish we would have gone out and gotten Deion instead of Satt.... Maybe Cunningham should be on the hot seat too if this hire doesn't pan out. I like Wes but the jury is still out on him too. Sure he's nailing it on the recruiting trail but not sure he's shown he can coach.
          Per The Athletic article, Sean Lewis was Cunningham's second choice. I rather wish Sean was offered the job, but JC wanted P5 coaching experience come heck or high water.

Comment

I don't know this as a fact but I don't think that John Cunningham and Deion Sanders would have been a good fit, like at all. Oil and water comes to mind. I don't even think Cunningham and Fickell were a good fit and I suspect that was part of the reason CLF moved on so quickly.

Cunningham had criteria for this hire in that he preferred a sitting FBS coach. Jackson State is not FBS and Deion didn't meet his criteria. Not sure what to say about that. Sean Lewis did but didn't have a winning record at Kent. I think that really threw people off on Lewis. Kent is just not a good program and it's nearly impossible to win there. Lewis took a position demotion to get out of the MAC although it was probably a pay raise for him.

Anyway, back to QBs. This seems like something for the Cunningham thread in General.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The current sad state of the UC FB program is the last thing on CLF's mind right now. He made lots of money here, and is making a lot more at UW, thanks to his UC success.

B.C.
              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

CLF has his own qb problems. I think anyone who saw the backup after Mordecai got hurt knows what i'm talking about. He has the tougher part of his schedule second half, and a pretty anemic offense even when the starter was available.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ry-broken-hand

That said, I would be inclined to give Brady L a start if Emory can't right the ship this weekend. Worth a try as I think we have enough weapons in the passing game to compete. Or at least score more points than what we are getting. He showed the in the first two games and the Byu game. The long miss on the first possession Saturday was a killer. Definitely did not help his confidence throwing the ball.
                Last edited by coach; 10-17-2023, 12:21 PM.

Comment

No QB change, per Satterfield

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                    BAh humbug,

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                      He says Jones gives the team the best chance to win. Coach, that ship has left port. Start one of the young guys so he will have game experience for next season. This year is a waste. Show recruits they will play and convince them to come here.

Comment

I am a UC alum and a native Bostonian - bad year for me to be a 'Cats and Patriots fan! I do roots for the Bengals when they don't face New England though.
                        Saw this yesterday:
                        https://sports.yahoo.com/good-bad-an...140702981.html

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
                          I am a UC alum and a native Bostonian - bad year for me to be a 'Cats and Patriots fan! I do roots for the Bengals when they don't face New England though.
                          Saw this yesterday:
                          https://sports.yahoo.com/good-bad-an...140702981.html
                          I think that they were being generous to UC.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I think that they were being generous to UC.
                            They were generous to Jones. IMO, he should be failing, like the Bearcat's season.

Comment

I found this earlier this year and thought that I would wait and see, especially since it was written from a UoL perspective.

Well, I think I've seen enough.

BOZICH | Brohm fixing Louisville QB room that mystified Satterfield | Sports | wdrb.com

Comment

Very interesting article, it predicts what we are experiencing this year. The more I know about Satterfield the more worried I get

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X