Baylor 10/21 Noon ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    Ok This is a very bad football team, but the transfer portal has had a hand in this. When Fickell left we lost some players and recruits but Satterfield brought some players via the portal as well. So we have to give this some more time. My problem is, with the record as it stands now we are staying in the bottom of the conference and potentially have only one chance to win a game, plus this being Jones only year here, why not try to develope one of the other QB's. Satterfield said Jones gives us the best chance to win so if He can't win the remainder of games and is not the QB next be sure he has exhausted his eligiblity, give some reps to someone else. I'm dismayed that the chant's of fire the coach has raised its ugly head so soon, but watching CSS's post game and pregame pressers I can understand the students and fans frustrations. I just don't like his demeanor and probably that's the case with them as well.. I can,'t put my finger on it, maybe someone on this forum can help to identify it but it seems like He and his staff are just content on having a job, like they are looking elsewhere when the season ends.
    Nobody would hire them at the end of the season. He is trying, unlike CTT, but he knows nothing about Ohio or the midwest, unlike CLF. I think successful recruiting will be really hard this year, after a disastrous season, and I expect many portal transfers. Watch for another disaster next year, fan interest to greatly fade, and UC to pay a hefty buy out to get rid of the current coaching staff. You would have thought UC would have learned from the CTT debacle, that you don't hire a coach who is on the verge of being fired.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

My expectations for the remainder of the season will be to be competitive in the games. I don't believe they will win any games, but they must play like they care, with pride, and not be blown out. I know it is sad that my expectations have dropped so far, but the reality is building a roster through the transfer portal is not a key to success. They have to build a solid recruiting base in some way. The one thing that gives me hope is UL played poorly the beginning of last year but CSS and staff turned things around in the last 5-6 games of the year, I believe going 5-1. If he can do something similar - not in wins but at least showing progress on the field - he might recover. Not much, but something to hang my hat on for the future.

Comment

The wolves are beginning to circle….

https://saturdayblitz.com/2023/10/21...-to-part-ways/

B.C.
        "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post
          "We just freaking give them a touchdown on the kickoff return," Satterfield said. "There's nothing they really did there except for us to give it to them. It should have been a fair catch. It's unacceptable to fumble the football."
          Satterfield, after the game

He has GOT to stop dragging on his players publicly like this. Why does he keep doing this? Save it for the film room. Good grief.
          Yeah, I wasn't real pleased with that remark either. If you watch the replay, Smith muffs the kickoff and then recovers it, secures it, and then gets popped and the ball comes out. I'm not sure it's really even his fault.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Yeah, this calling out players & other negative comments from a head coach isn’t good leadership which is what this team really needs. Emory simply isn’t good, the players see it & Im guessing have a sense of bewilderment that the head coach isn’t addressing it with a change, which also points at leadership. There’s enough talent in this team to be 4-3 easily.

Comment

I am hopefull we can get this turned around. However, it's possible we don't win another game the rest of the year. Why in the world did we not try 2 field goals??????? As with the Miami & BYU game, we could have won both of them. I believe coaching costs us both games. When does basketball start???

Comment

One bright spot from yesterday's game was Myles Montgomery. He broke multiple tackles on both of his TDs, and has the breakaway speed Kiner lacks. I think MM should be RB 1.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X