Future scheduling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future scheduling

FBschedules.com is reporting that UC and Nebraska have finally rescheduled the series that got cancelled due to Covid. 2025 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy and 2032 in Lincoln.

I really don’t like the fact that we gave up a home game here. Also lots of funky accounting going on with seat allotments and ticket revenue.

https://fbschedules.com/cincinnati-n...s-oil-stadium/

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

In my best Princess Bride voice: "Booooo! Booooo! Boooo!" Who signed off on this disaster?
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

That is total ********!

Comment

Keegan Nickoson at 247/BCJ says UC has canceled its 2025 and 2026 series with Western Kentucky (were set to go to WKU in 2025).

Chad Brendel says they will now have 7 home games plus Nebraska in 2025 (it appeared UC was losing a home game with Nebraska going to Indy but apparently not)

Comment

Well I mean the revenue from Nebraska at Indy will definitely off set the WKU ticket revenue but I hate that it’s not at Nippert. Even if we give up 25% of sales to Nebraska, financially UC comes out ahead here even vs a true home game? It has to otherwise this decision makes no sense.

Get your tickets early. The Huskers travel really well.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Keegan N is now also reporting UC is canceling its 2026 trip to Athens, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              Keegan N is now also reporting UC is canceling its 2026 trip to Athens, Ohio
              Good. There was never a reason to schedule that home and home anyway.

I think a lot of this has to do with the Big XII bringing in more teams after next year and there will be one less OOC game to deal with.
              Last edited by Lobot; 10-24-2023, 04:56 PM.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Brett McMurphy says UC must pay WKU $500K

Comment

Waiting for the Ohio U shoe to drop
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Myself and others here aren't the only ones flipping out about the Nebraska game. General social media consensus is that this decision was terrible. However, the more I hear on this, the better it looks. If they cancel Nebraska they likely have to go on the road to get a P5 Non conference game. Also we've got seven home games that season plus this game at Indy. Seven home games and a neutral site in driving distance is not a bad deal. I think the numbers probably work out in UC's favor or we wouldn't have done this at all. You also get rid of two away games in WKU and Ohio U that should have never been scheduled in the first place. That's leftover scheduling from when we were in the AAC and it made sense to do that. The Non conference schedule needs to reflect the conference change.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I saw something posted that Big 12 teams should start requesting UC to play neutral site conference games to allow more of their fans since our AD is is making stupid decisions like this. After reading that two roads games will be bought out, and this is a driveable home game with more revenue penalties on Nebraska,, this deal is looking better.

Comment

Just realized the Nebraska game is scheduled for August 30, 2025 -- wonder if that will be a "Week 0" game. Have a great opportunity for TV exposure, perhaps on FOX or at least FS1.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          Just realized the Nebraska game is scheduled for August 30, 2025 -- wonder if that will be a "Week 0" game. Have a great opportunity for TV exposure, perhaps on FOX or at least FS1.
                          Not sure it is week zero or if that Saturday is week 1 the way the calendar falls that year. It will be the first game for both teams that year.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Not sure it is week zero or if that Saturday is week 1 the way the calendar falls that year. It will be the first game for both teams that year.
                            Yeah, probably Week 1

Comment

I was on a zoom call with John Cunningham last night . It was mostly about other stuff but he did address the Nebraska game in Indy. Short version that they're are going to net about 3M more than they would have if they played at Nippert. We didn't go really go looking for a neutral site game but when they were trying to get the legal stuff on the contract settled with Nebraska they discovered that Lucas Oil Stadium was available that week and Lucas Oil folks wanted to host this game as a TV showcase. The money works out in our favor since we already have 7 home games on the schedule that year.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X