Future scheduling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    I was on a zoom call with John Cunningham last night . It was mostly about other stuff but he did address the Nebraska game in Indy. Short version that they're are going to net about 3M more than they would have if they played at Nippert. We didn't go really go looking for a neutral site game but when they were trying to get the legal stuff on the contract settled with Nebraska they discovered that Lucas Oil Stadium was available that week and Lucas Oil folks wanted to host this game as a TV showcase. The money works out in our favor since we already have 7 home games on the schedule that year.
    Interesting. Is Lucas Oil looking to host the Big 12 Championship Game at some point? Seems it would be hard to pry that out of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Interesting. Is Lucas Oil looking to host the Big 12 Championship Game at some point? Seems it would be hard to pry that out of Texas.
      I'm pretty sure they just re-upped the contract with JerryWorld so I don't think that's it.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

They had an open date and decided to make some more money.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Unlikely. This is more likely about promoting a Big Ten school in the region and helping them avoid a hostile crowd at Nippert.

As a quick aside, I think the Cotton Bowl or Jerry's World is missing a golden opportunity. Every Big 12 team can play one neutral site game there, the Big 12 can market it as a game of the week to tv partners, and every team plays a 9 game conference schedule, 4 home, 4 away, one neutral site. For the underperforming teams that season, it could be like their bowl game that year, only not in December/Jan weather.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Unlikely. This is more likely about promoting a Big Ten school in the region and helping them avoid a hostile crowd at Nippert.

As a quick aside, I think the Cotton Bowl or Jerry's World is missing a golden opportunity. Every Big 12 team can play one neutral site game there, the Big 12 can market it as a game of the week to tv partners, and every team plays a 9 game conference schedule, 4 home, 4 away, one neutral site. For the underperforming teams that season, it could be like their bowl game that year, only not in December/Jan weather.
            You'd almost have to do it at the actual Cotton Bowl Stadium because of NFL rules. I remember this from when we played at PBS but can't remember the rule exactly. I think there has to be 36 hours between games held at the same facility or something like that. Seems like that season at PBS we had a lot of home games on Thursday and Friday night because of this.

That said, the Cotton Bowl is on the Texas State Fair grounds which is not easy to get to or located in the greatest area in Dallas.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

You'd almost have to do it at the actual Cotton Bowl Stadium because of NFL rules. I remember this from when we played at PBS but can't remember the rule exactly. I think there has to be 36 hours between games held at the same facility or something like that. Seems like that season at PBS we had a lot of home games on Thursday and Friday night because of this.

That said, the Cotton Bowl is on the Texas State Fair grounds which is not easy to get to or located in the greatest area in Dallas.
              been there many times -- enjoyed the Bar b que

Comment

Maybe I’m the only one that was looking forward to a roadie to Athens, OH. I’d rather see a game like this than some random non-regional game where we get waxed. Regarding NFL stadium rules-UC played at Heinz vs Pitt at 6pm and the Steelers hosted the 9’ers 19 hours later

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                  Maybe I’m the only one that was looking forward to a roadie to Athens, OH. I’d rather see a game like this than some random non-regional game where we get waxed. Regarding NFL stadium rules-UC played at Heinz vs Pitt at 6pm and the Steelers hosted the 9’ers 19 hours later
                  It was 19? I do remember that. I think that's where that whole discussion started. The grass on that field is always chewed up beyond belief anyway so I'm sure it didn't affect the NFL game much.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

But the field at AT&T is artificial turf. It should not matter for field conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

But the field at AT&T is artificial turf. It should not matter for field conditions.
                      You're right but I think the rule was more about time for stadium staff and security prep and player walkthrough than it was field conditions. Can't have million dollar athletes doing walkthroughs in the parking lot.
                      Last edited by Lobot; 10-27-2023, 09:22 AM.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I was hoping for a Saturday mid-day too. Do not want our students or fans to travel mid-week if we can avoid it. I'd rule out Thursday nights, but a Friday night prime-time game could work. I'd be good with the old Cotton Bowl too if we could use it on Saturdays.

I'm a big propoent of this for the extra revenue it could generate and evening out the home games annually at 4. that 5th home game is nice every other year, but the Cotton Bowl money could even that out for schools since we'd get it every year.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

2024-2027 Big 12 scheduling model to be unveiled on Wednesday, per Max Olson

Comment

Conference opponents are out for 2024-2027

https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/11/...opponents.aspx
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

At first glance, the road slate in '24 looks rough and lots of Skymiles going on there.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Conference opponents are out for 2024-2027

https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/11/...opponents.aspx
                                Looks like no permanent crossovers. There isn't a team we'll play every year.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X