Future scheduling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Looks like no permanent crossovers. There isn't a team we'll play every year.
    Yeah, I just checked again and that's odd. Some teams we get once in 4 years, some we get 3 times, some twice, but don't we get anyone all 4 years not even WVU or UCF.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Brett McMurphy tweeted thee only rivalries that will be played all four seasons: Arizona/Arizona State, BYU/Utah, Baylor/TCU, Kansas/Kansas State

Comment

Here's the matrix for all 16 schools during 2024-27:

2024-2027 Football Scheduing Matrix (PDF) - Big 12 Conference (big12sports.com)

Comment

I believe that once a 16 team conferences gets going, that the scheduling will be such that every player will play each school at least once in their 4-year career.

Comment

FBschedules is reporting that we have signed up West Georgia for a 2027 opponent. This one is kind of out of the blue and here's the deal with it. West Georgia is moving up this season from D-II to FCS. They have a grace period for a couple years there and we will be their first ever FBS opponent after the step up which is a bit wild .

https://fbschedules.com/west-georgia...ure-schedules/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              FBschedules is reporting that we have signed up West Georgia for a 2027 opponent. This one is kind of out of the blue and here's the deal with it. West Georgia is moving up this season from D-II to FCS. They have a grace period for a couple years there and we will be their first ever FBS opponent after the step up which is a bit wild .

https://fbschedules.com/west-georgia...ure-schedules/
              I think this is a great move. We need a home game and $400,000 isn't a bad payout. Two road games against Miami and Boston College, so I hope that means we get 5 home conference games that year, and only 4 on the road.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

What Cunningham need to do is drop Miami from the schedule and add Louisville as our big non conference rival game. Let’s face it, they were our number one rival in basketball and football Miami game means nothing to us now that we’re on the big stage

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
                  What Cunningham need to do is drop Miami from the schedule and add Louisville as our big non conference rival game. Let’s face it, they were our number one rival in basketball and football Miami game means nothing to us now that we’re on the big stage
                  Essentially 3 home games to one for a rivalry that dates back before your grandparents or great-grandparents were born isn't to bad. The current contract runs through 2028 and every other Miami home game is on the river, so we get two home games and away game that is a few minutes from campus for every trip to Oxford. I agree let's add Loserville, but not in place of Miami. I just don't think the Cards will go for it since they already play UK annually and that would leave only one open non-conference game for them.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Essentially 3 home games to one for a rivalry that dates back before your grandparents or great-grandparents were born isn't to bad. The current contract runs through 2028 and every other Miami home game is on the river, so we get two home games and away game that is a few minutes from campus for every trip to Oxford. I agree let's add Loserville, but not in place of Miami. I just don't think the Cards will go for it since they already play UK annually and that would leave only one open non-conference game for them.
                    agree. i can't see UL playing UC on a steady basis - maybe a one off, or a home and home, but not a long term series

Comment

UofL is uninterested from what I understand in football and MBB. They have bigger things to worry about currently, at least on the men's basketball side.

After this past season, I'm not sure you can get away with telling people to dump Miami. If it goes back to being spectacularly lopsided for the next few years then maybe you drop it then or when the contract runs out. I'm not sure how far out we have that game scheduled off the top of my head.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        UofL is uninterested from what I understand in football and MBB. They have bigger things to worry about currently, at least on the men's basketball side.

After this past season, I'm not sure you can get away with telling people to dump Miami. If it goes back to being spectacularly lopsided for the next few years then maybe you drop it then or when the contract runs out. I'm not sure how far out we have that game scheduled off the top of my head.
                        Miami has played us well 3 of the last 5 games, should have won a couple more than they did, and dropping them because they are "no good" does not make sense.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

Miami has played us well 3 of the last 5 games, should have won a couple more than they did, and dropping them because they are "no good" does not make sense.

B.C.
                          Chris, I agree with you on this. I think if you drop the game it will be a financial decision on UC's part. With the move to the Big XII, this game might go by the wayside in the name of a bigger paycheck. Despite Miami's success this year against UC and in general, the programs are going in opposite directions and have been since Roethlisberger graduated
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It would be nice to get Louisville back on the schedule, I don’t look at Miami as a rival due to the fact we should dominate the MAC.

Comment

2024 Big 12 Schedule will be released on Jan.30 per Max Olsen at the The Athletic
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here is a big part of our 2024 schedule:

CINCINNATI — The full UC football schedule is reportedly dropping on Jan. 30. The Athletic's Max Olson released the news as Cincinnati prepares for five conference road games and four home games.

Aug. 31 - Towson

Sep. 7 - Pitt

Sep. 14 - @ Miami (OH)

AWAY : Colorado, Texas Tech, Kansas St, Iowa St, UCF

HOME : Arizona St, TCU, Houston, WVU

B.C.
                                "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X