Houston 11/11 7:00 FS1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

Yes. I was baffled how Houston got a first down out of that play. I thought it should be 3rd and 35 for Houston. Can anyone explain how Houston got a fresh set of downs even though they lost 25 yards on the play?
    When Pace picked off the pass, that resulted in a change of possession. Then, when he fumbled, that resulted in another change of possession. First and ten.

Comment

I'm happy that the Cats won, and that there weren't signs of quitting by the team. The sounds coming out of the FB program indicated problems, but at least they were put aside and the Cats fought to the finish. So, my hat's off for the coaches and the players.

I'm still wondering how Pace didn't block that punt in the 1st half; I guess he didn't want to pick up a penalty, but he was past the punter before the punter even kicked.

I continued to be baffled by the decisions to take a pass on points in order to get more points, given the offensive problems near the end zone. And I don't like unnecessary plays, such as the play at the end of the game where instead of kneeling down (on first down), they ran a running play. There was nothing to gain, except for padded statistics, but much to lose if somebody had been injured on the play. Yes, fight to the finish, but at that point the clock was our opponent.

Comment

P.S. I also like that they continue to give Brady L. meaningful snaps in the games, and it's done in a way that doesn't kick E. Jones to the curb.

Comment

I was at the game & let me tell you there was not 34,000 people at the game. 25k would be a stretch. Decent facility, ammenties were limited but plenty of consessions & Beer! We took the crowd out of it by halftime.
          Solid win with still some questionable calls on offence. But a win is a win especially on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
            I was at the game & let me tell you there was not 34,000 people at the game. 25k would be a stretch. Decent facility, ammenties were limited but plenty of consessions & Beer! We took the crowd out of it by halftime.
            Solid win with still some questionable calls on offence. But a win is a win especially on the road.
            Our home boys on 700 WLW also noted the lack of attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Our home boys on 700 WLW also noted the lack of attendance.
              I think the crowd pulled an SMU and just hung out outside at the tailgates based on pictures I saw several people post. Looked like the tailgating setup was pretty large outside?
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X