West Virginia 11/18 2:30 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
    Last week's win was "Fools Gold". What we are seeing today is worse than the beatings we took at WV during the 1980's, when Dave Curry was HC. Horrible D, no O, NOTHING!

This is bad folks, and it is not going to be any better next year.

B.C.
    I think that this may be the worse team I have ever seen at UC and that is for 40-plus years. I do not actually think that it is the skill of the players, I think that it goes way beyond that. I am not a big Kerry Coombs fan but I believe that he loves Cincinnati and that this has to be destroying him on the inside. Maybe he will break and leak what is really wrong. We need to find cause to fire this Tuberville 2.0.

Comment

Without a doubt, the worst game of the year. Let’s hope there’s mild redemption next Saturday against Kansas, who I believe is overrated. Poor tackling, poor playcalling, poor everything. Reminds me of the 1980s Bearcats, that were so bad. Transfer portal opens in December.

B.C.
      "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

This reminded me of the Navy game in Fickell’s first year. We had no answer for that triple option and they gashed us the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
          Without a doubt, the worst game of the year. Let’s hope there’s mild redemption next Saturday against Kansas, who I believe is overrated. Poor tackling, poor playcalling, poor everything. Reminds me of the 1980s Bearcats, that were so bad. Transfer portal opens in December.

B.C.
          I don't think a redemption is in the cards. This team has lost the will to play and I have no idea how they get it back in a week....actually next year is in doubt as well.

Comment

Three thoughts about the game. West Virginia 42 Cincinnati 21 (Nov 18 2023) (heartlandcollegesports.com)
            The fourth thought is that we just suck.

Comment

The thing about college football is that you can effect a turnaround in short order with the right coach and some help from transfers, e.g., Baylor under Rhule, Tennessee under Heupel and Arizona under Fisch are just a few examples of programs that were dumpster fires under their previous coaches...

Comment

3rd & 16 and Jones runs as the play for 2 yards. That after all the screens.

Comment

I don't Emory Jones could screw up any worse if he was trying to. I've never seen a QB miss his passes and by so much of a margin it almost equates to lunacy. If he's not throwing it tens yards over everyone's head he's throwing at their feet. I don't see how he was ever ranked coming out of high school. If Jones and Lichenburg are our two best QB's out of the six on the roster then we are headed exactly nowhere in this new conference for at least three years.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I think that this may be the worse team I have ever seen at UC and that is for 40-plus years.
                    Why does everybody forget the good ol' Tim Murphy days?
                    Year W L T Conference Pct Coach
                    1979 2 9 0 Independent 18.2% Staub
                    1980 2 9 0 Independent 18.2% Staub
                    1984 2 9 0 Independent 18.2% Currey
                    1988 3 8 0 Independent 27.3% Currey
                    1989 1 9 1 Independent 10.0% Murphy
                    1990 1 10 0 Independent 9.1% Murphy
                    1992 3 8 0 Independent 27.3% Murphy
                    1994 2 8 1 Independent 20.0% Minter
                    1998 2 9 0 CONFERENCE USA 18.2% Minter
                    1999 3 8 0 CONFERENCE USA 27.3% Minter
                    2010 4 8 0 BIG EAST 33.3% Jones
                    2016 4 8 0 AMERICAN 33.3% Tuberville
                    2017 4 8 0 AMERICAN 33.3% Fickell
                    2023 3 8 0 Big 12 27.3% Satterfield

Comment

UC was beaten in every aspect of this game, especially on defense. They had no answer for WV's RB and QB - ole defense. They were thoroughly manhandled by WV - boys vs. men. The penalties reappeared after the clean game against UH. You're 3-7, playing on the road, you have 4th and 1 to gain a 1st down two separate times - what do you have to lose? Keep the offense on the field and attempt to get the 1st down. It's not like you are jeopardizing a good season. I don't understand why they are not taking more risks after the season played out as it has. Truly legitimate questionable coaching by Satterfield and staff. I know that the caching staff doesn't have much to work with but at least give the players a chance to compete and try some plays that your opponents haven't seen.

Comment

Here's the box score. The rushing numbers are embarassing. Add in the 75 yard wheel route to the RB and Greene and White accumulated over 400 yards of rushing and receiving between just the two of them.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401525899
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

After a very good game at Houston this is one of the worst performances I've seen. What the heck happened to the defense???????????????????

Comment

While this year is definitely a disappointment and hard to watch, I remember teams from the 70’s and 80’s. Those teams by and large did not have as tough of a schedule and yet had seasons with only 1, 2, or 3 wins. I agree with Geaux Juan, this is a terrible season but far from the worst in my experience.
                            ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
                              While this year is definitely a disappointment and hard to watch, I remember teams from the 70’s and 80’s. Those teams by and large did not have as tough of a schedule and yet had seasons with only 1, 2, or 3 wins. I agree with Geaux Juan, this is a terrible season but far from the worst in my experience.
                              True to what you say, but there is truth in this old cliche "What have you done lately". Sitting through such a mess makes it seem the worse and it may very well be. Consider all the hopes of a couple of years ago - a top coach - College playoffs - going to a major conference and now this. Not much to brag on.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

True to what you say, but there is truth in this old cliche "What have you done lately". Sitting through such a mess makes it seem the worse and it may very well be. Consider all the hopes of a couple of years ago - a top coach - College playoffs - going to a major conference and now this. Not much to brag on.
                                Agreed. Expectations for this program are much higher than they were 40-50 years ago.
                                ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X