No announcement yet.

Kansas 11/25 7:30 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes the 15 yard PI is better than the other option. This is something Mike Mickens taught Sauce.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It may have been a sellout but there were at least 20-percent of the seats open at gametime. That dwindled to only about a third of the seats full midway through the 3rd quarter. I cannot remember a season worse than this one in my 44 years of caring about UC football. Also, while I am venting, UC needs to control their recruits and families. I had to kick four of them out of my seatback seats when I arrived at the game. They took over two rows of private seats tonight. The recruiting rows are clearly marked as "reserved for recruits" but I guess that they did not want to be crowded like the paying fans.

A side note, Kiner broke 1,000 yards for the season.
      Last edited by bearcatbret; 11-25-2023, 11:32 PM.

Comment

The last two games - WV and KU - exposed how bad a defensive team UC was this year. Both opposing QBs ran for days without even be touched. I don’t know if it’s a bad scheme, bad players or both. Flat out awful tonight and an embarrassment for what was supposed to be the strength of the team.
        Last edited by London 'Cat; 11-26-2023, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Folks, this reminds me of the horrible 1980's, with horrible coach Dave Currey running things. Secondary is awful, and that 26 second Kansas drive to end the first half might be the worst thing mine eyes have seen in following UC FB since 1974.

Let's face it, next year will be no better. What great player who enters the portal will want to come here? As I indicated earlier, maybe we will get lucky and CSS will enter the portal, and we can start from scratch! Let's get a guy from the midwest, who can recruit, or we are doomed to a decade of irrelevance.

Absolutely awful way to end the season with the embarrassments against WV and KU. The downhill ride started w/ the blocked FG against Miami, and peaked with the 26 yard "squib" kickoff to end the first half tonight. Thank God this awful season is over.

B.C.
          Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 11-26-2023, 12:33 AM.
          "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

As of now 247 ranks our 2024 recruit class #44. Not great, but we weren’t a top 100 team this year. Instead of prepping for a bowl game hit the transfer portal, hard. No telling how many of our current guys will transfer out. This is a critical critical critical offseason.

Comment

The 3 thoughts of the game. Spoiler, UC sucks. Kansas 49 Cincinnati 16 (Nov 25 2023) (heartlandcollegesports.com)

Comment

On the other hand we saw one good quarter before everything fell apart. I too feel we are in for a very long dry spell. I can't remember the last time we saw so many receivers running totally free. Is the coaching that bad or are the players bad and unable to learn schemes? We did see a little good running but without a passing game it is easy to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                  Folks, this reminds me of the horrible 1980's, with horrible coach Dave Currey running things. Secondary is awful, and that 26 second Kansas drive to end the first half might be the worst thing mine eyes have seen in following UC FB since 1974.

Let's face it, next year will be no better. What great player who enters the portal will want to come here? As I indicated earlier, maybe we will get lucky and CSS will enter the portal, and we can start from scratch! Let's get a guy from the midwest, who can recruit, or we are doomed to a decade of irrelevance.

Absolutely awful way to end the season with the embarrassments against WV and KU. The downhill ride started w/ the blocked FG against Miami, and peaked with the 26 yard "squib" kickoff to end the first half tonight. Thank God this awful season is over.

B.C.
                  Don't remind me of the earlier years. It was sickening then and here is how bad it was. It was like a team that lost 49-16 and quit on the field. CSS has to address some serious issues. If it was CLF's players I under stand why they quit. Their lead quit and didn't take them to Wisconsin. The Cats need the energy of a young Brian Kelly when he first came to town.

A side note the Michigan linebackers looked good yesterday. Come on down Jesse Minter and bring that LB coach as a consultant. UC needs him again.

Comment

I thought about leaving early last night, but I decided to stay until the end. I thought some of our seniors deserved that.

Comment

Per usual, Satterville lays the blame on the players. Not sure who would want to play for a coach that calls out his team across the season & summarily at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                        Per usual, Satterville lays the blame on the players. Not sure who would want to play for a coach that calls out his team across the season & summarily at the end of the year.
                        The coaching staff needs to take most of the blame for the dumpster fire this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                          I listened to him after the game with Jim Kelly on the radio broadcast. HCSS was talking 150 MPH in that southern mush-mouth accent, saying everything and nothing at the same time. I don't know how much he inspires the players, but I sure didn't take away much from what I could decipher. For me, he is easy to tune out.

Read this all the way to the end for examples. https://www.fox19.com/2023/11/26/5-o...t-loss-kansas/
                          Last edited by Geaux Juan; 11-27-2023, 08:22 AM. Reason: Added Link

Comment

I was in Nippert Stadium early for the Senior Night Recognition. Below is the unofficial list of the introductions that I heard; Gobearcats stated there would be 24 recognitions but I only got 23. Also, during the end of the radio broadcast, Dan Hoard made a mention that some on the list could possibly return next year.
                            Name Pos.
                            Rory Bell K
                            Jowon Briggs DE
                            Jackson Bruscianelli LB
                            Todd Bumphis CB
                            Bryce Burton K
                            James Camden LB
                            Jacob Dingle S
                            Daniel Grzesiak OLB
                            Justin Harris CB
                            Cam Jones OL
                            Daved Jones Jr. LB
                            Emory Jones QB
                            Ryan Montgomery RB
                            Ryan Mullaney DL
                            Deshawn Pace SR
                            Jack Perry QB
                            Cayson Pfeiffer LS
                            Eric Phillips DE
                            Trevor Radosevich OL
                            Braden Smith WR
                            Jiair Thomas WR
                            Malik Vann DE
                            Taj Ward DB
                            Finally, November 2023 was the 100th anniversary of Jimmy Nippert being injured in the UC-Miami game (he died later on Christmas Day and his grandfather donated money to finish the stadium in Jimmy's honor). In the two away weeks prior, I made two phone calls (and left voice mails) to the Athletic Department (different people) to inquire about some tribute at this last game; a friend sent an email to John Cunningham's office. Neither of us received a reply. I got into the stadium around 7PM to be sure I would be there for the Senior program, and I was talking to a friend behind me about the anniversary; he said I just missed a video about it. It was probably viewed by about 100 people that were in the stadium at the time. Go Bearcats.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                              The last two games - WV and KU - exposed how bad a defensive team UC was this year. Both opposing QBs ran for days without even be touched. I don’t know if it’s a bad scheme, bad players or both. Flat out awful tonight and an embarrassment for what was supposed to be the strength of the team.
                              or, combined with the guys just trying to not get hurt, a combination cluster -F. complete disaster. i don't care what talent level you have, there's no reason to not bust your *** on every play - that just kills me.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

I listened to him after the game with Jim Kelly on the radio broadcast. HCSS was talking 150 MPH in that southern mush-mouth accent, saying everything and nothing at the same time. I don't know how much he inspires the players, but I sure didn't take away much from what I could decipher. For me, he is easy to tune out.

Read this all the way to the end for examples. https://www.fox19.com/2023/11/26/5-o...t-loss-kansas/
                                It is funny that you say Satterfield is easy to tune out. I saw a Satterfield press conference for the first time after the Kansas blowout. I was very surprised that Satterfield did NOT look up one time when he gave his initial statement. Even after his initial comments, when reporters asked him questions directly, he barely made eye contact and repeatedly played with the water bottle (taking small drinks), rubbed his nose, scratched his neck, and looked down. Satterfield comes across as being unsure of himself. How can this guy lead a locker room full of young ALPHA males if he is unsure of himself? Anyone who has ever been around football college players know that most of them are big strong highly confident and sometimes cocky males. There is no way that a coach can be an effective LEADER if his body language tells the locker room that he is not worth listening to.

During the press conference, Satterfield mentioned one thing over and over again that has to change for next year: UNDISCIPLINED PLAY. After seeing how Satterfield handles himself when speaking to a room full of people, I am NOT surprised that he is having major problems getting his players to football the right way. Satterfield may want to look in the mirror before blaming his players for their mistakes on the field. The problem may be in the locker room.
                                Last edited by leeraymond; 11-27-2023, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X