Transfer Portal 2024

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Since the portal doesn't open officially until 12/4/23, Metayer technically is still on the team. All he did essentially was to broadcast that he's leaving. I'm sure he's being contacted illegally, since no schools are allowed to approach him yet.
    That would be very unlike the U to do that
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Whether he's great or not isn't really the issue. It's not a good sign when players want to get out and leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
        Whether he's great or not isn't really the issue. It's not a good sign when players want to get out and leave.
        while the season is still on. Of course, he wants his name out there. If that is the case and he is that self-centered, let him get out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
          Loading up with a bunch of portal players has proven to be ineffective. Look at Colorado (along w/ Prime's questionable coaching). They have several 5 star players, have only 1 returning starter, and they are a real mess. I'd even consider getting Butch Jones back here, as he knows how to recruit the Midwest.

B.C.
          Butch is a great guy, a true father figure that is comforting to recruits and their families; however, I'm not sure he is the best recruiter or Xs and Os guy. I doubt any coach could come in and turn this ship around in year 1, using Coach Prime as an example and the guy at Auburn, Hugh Frieze?. Any way, I also doubt we can raise the funds to fire Satt after one year. Some players aren't a fit to a system of a coach, so we wish them well. I cannot say Satt will tun it around, but he has the best shot of building off what he has started. Year 3 willl be the key for him, maybe end of year ywo, but I wouldn't fire a coach after Dec 31st when you can do so after game 4 and still be okay for the next year in recruiting. The NIL money is there for recruiting and the change is hard to swallow, but we have few if any choices.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
            Your correct in that is not a good sign when players bolt. However it's just one dude ( so far ) and that does not make it an mass exodus, but I do believe that the expected exodus is coming at the end of season. I don't think Satterfield has the ( buy in ) of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

Your correct in that is not a good sign when players bolt. However it's just one dude ( so far ) and that does not make it an mass exodus, but I do believe that the expected exodus is coming at the end of season. I don't think Satterfield has the ( buy in ) of the team.
              I don't think Satterfield has the buy-in of the Fickell leftovers and transfers from other schools outside of UofL. I don't think it's the whole team. There are defintely locker room problems.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

I expect the mass exodus at season end.

Comment

Myles Montgomery is headed to the portal
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    Here we go!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      This one is tough. Was likely to at worst be RB2 next year. As for improving the roster through the portal, I don’t have the quote handy but I believe Satt said they estimated bringing in 12-14 new players through the portal, which is not crazy given the lack of on field success this year.

Comment

I didn't want to lose him but we might be ok in the RB room.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 12.05.29 PM.png
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

George Udo is in the portal. He came in as a transfer DB and leaves as a grad transfer. Played in three games with 1 tackle.
                          Last edited by Lobot; 11-27-2023, 02:16 PM.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Sammy Anderson enter the portal with two years of eligibility remaining.

Comment

Will Sammy need to sit out a year as two time transfer?
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Some good news! Mason Fletcher is back and apparently was not healthy this year.

I know people were asking what happened to his punting distance this year. He was hurt and they didn't say anything.
                                Last edited by Lobot; 12-06-2023, 09:57 AM.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X