Transfer Portal 2024

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal 2024

Here we go. Chamon Metayer has entered the portal.
    https://vb.bearcatnews.com/core/blob...6-12075604059d

"And Here. We. Go." - The late Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight, circa 2008.

Comment

Is this the end of the TE dynasty?

Comment

Damn he was the one guy on offense I wanted to keep
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Who can blame him? EJ rarely passed to him, and when he did, the ball was usually 10 feet over his head. I have a bad feeling that this is just the first of many who will be leaving. Next year could be very, very ugly.

B.C.
          Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 11-20-2023, 06:58 PM.
          "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

So much talent, so much sleeping though meetings.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

That's not really a surprise. My guess is he ends up back in Florida.

Comment

Matayer should have been used so much more this year. There’s no surprise that players will look to leave UC,
                I suspect Drogosh is leaving too.

Comment

It looks as though the football program is going to go through the dysfunction bball four years ago. Mass exodus of players.

Comment

Loading up with a bunch of portal players has proven to be ineffective. Look at Colorado (along w/ Prime's questionable coaching). They have several 5 star players, have only 1 returning starter, and they are a real mess. I'd even consider getting Butch Jones back here, as he knows how to recruit the Midwest.

B.C.
                    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Have you all watched Metayer try to block? Furthermore he has no quickness and quite a few drops this year. I wish him well, but let’s not act like this is a major blow.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post
                        Have you all watched Metayer try to block? Furthermore he has no quickness and quite a few drops this year. I wish him well, but let’s not act like this is a major blow.
                        when healthy, peyton singletary was the starter at TE. i think CM has a world of potential, but I'm not sure that we were ever going to see it here.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post
                          I'd agree. I saw him play quite a bit at the Fenway Bowl last year close up. He got pushed around. Not near the physical presence at TE we've had in the past.

Comment

Here's the roster as of this morning with Metayer still listed. I'd suggest sorting by Class and looking at the amount of guys we're losing. Then re-sort by position.

https://gobearcats.com/sports/football/roster?view=2
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Here's the roster as of this morning with Metayer still listed. I'd suggest sorting by Class and looking at the amount of guys we're losing. Then re-sort by position.

https://gobearcats.com/sports/football/roster?view=2
                              Since the portal doesn't open officially until 12/4/23, Metayer technically is still on the team. All he did essentially was to broadcast that he's leaving. I'm sure he's being contacted illegally, since no schools are allowed to approach him yet.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X