No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal 2024

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But But do we get Emory back for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
      But But do we get Emory back for next season.
      He walked for Senior night so I don't think so.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If I understand correctly, this first round of portal entries are 'mutual decisions' between staff and players (i.e. here's our vision, here's how we see you fitting in). P/ Chad's youtube broadcast last night they needed at least 8 players to enter the portal just to make room for the freshman class.

I believe portal talk starts around the 50 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/live/Q9R69Lx...U4rEWtyz4-bHJ0

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

He walked for Senior night so I don't think so.
          He played in all 11 games in 2019. So he’s played in 5 seasons counting the Covid year. Pretty sure he’s out of eligibility.
          Fire Scott Satterfield

Comment

If Emory returned, I’d likely rake leaves vs watch UC and UC football is my favorite team of my varied sporting interests. He was very ineffective & painful to watch.

Comment

All I'll say is using to term quarterback in reference to his position of choice is questionable to say the least. It's going to be very interesting to watch how the QB room shakes out in Clifton this off season.

Comment

Jones has exhausted his eligibility. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emory_Jones
                No chance he returns to UC.

Comment

The portal, along with gambling is going to be the end of college football, probably sooner than later.

Here is a statement today from the head coach at Nebraska on the cost of getting good players from the portal…. “the current cost for a good portal QB is between $1-$2 million in this era of NIL deals.” Rhule also said some teams in the country have $6-$7 million players on the roster.

No way UC football can compete paying that kind of money.

B.C.
                  "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                    The portal, along with gambling is going to be the end of college football, probably sooner than later.

Here is a statement today from the head coach at Nebraska on the cost of getting good players from the portal…. “the current cost for a good portal QB is between $1-$2 million in this era of NIL deals.” Rhule also said some teams in the country have $6-$7 million players on the roster.

B.C.
                    The recruiting experts for tOSU said on 24 7 that an elite OL is between 200,000 -500,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

B.C.
                      You mentioned but the death will be gambling, portal, AND NIL. You are correct, UC will not be able to financially compete with some of the universities out there. What scares me is the basketball side of things. Those private schools that do not have a football team will be able to buy a semi-pro basketball team and run away with the wins.

Comment

CJ Doggette, DL
                        Chris Scott, WR
                        Mao Glynn, OL
                        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-30-2023, 04:44 PM.

Comment

NOT transferring: the starting offensive line is coming back https://247sports.com/college/cincin...urn-221862712/
                          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-30-2023, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Portal offer out to WKU DB Upton Stout.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Portal offer out to WR Ja'Mori Maclin from UNT . Jeremy Maclin's cousin
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                Portal offer out to WR Ja'Mori Maclin from UNT . Jeremy Maclin's cousin
                                Obviously, there is rampant disregard for the rules of the portal nationwide. The portal doesn't open until next Monday (12/4), but news of transfers and offers is readily available now.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X