Texas Tech 9/28 8:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Tech 9/28 8:00 ESPN2

Lubbock. So far out in West Texas that even other Texans won't drive there because there's no direct route with an interstate from anywhere but Amarillo. The city itself is slightly smaller than Cincinnati proper but outside of live music and food there's not much there. I was a little surprised that the Alumni Association was traveling there in addition to Colorado this year.

Anyway. Texas Tech Is also 3-1 and has a similar resume to UC's in that they beat their FCS opponent (barely in TTU's case), lost a non conference game that they probably shouldn't have, beat a local team from a smaller conference and won the Big XII opener at home. Where they are not similar is their ability to put up points. They still score in bunches like the Air Raid days of old.

Lots of short passing game stuff to the WRs as an extension of the running game going on. Behren Morton , the Jr. QB, has almost 1200 yards of passing but only a 7.2 yards per pass average. They have a very good running back in Tahj Brooks who is almost a change of pace player for the pass offense as they lean 2:1 pass/run.

This is the longest road trip of the season for the team and it will be a good road test for the Bearcats and give us a better idea of what the team is going to be like for the long haul this season.

If you're headed to Lubbock for the game watch out for flying tortillas in the stands. Not joking.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tats/_/id/2641

Last edited by Lobot; 09-22-2024, 01:43 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Btw, we'll get the time and channel sometime this morning most likely.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      One B12 game time has been announced: AZ @ UT, 10:15 ET, ESPN

Comment

Knowing my luck, it will be on cable or streaming. But it would be awesome if it was on FOX.

Comment

ESPN.com shows the UC-TT game will be at 8:00 ET, but no TV platform is cited yet. It's probably between a couple options that they're mulling. It won't be ESPN, though, since the AZ-UT game will air at 10:15.

Just announced: ESPN2.
          Last edited by swilsonsp4; 09-22-2024, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
            ESPN.com shows the UC-TT game will be at 8:00 ET, but no TV platform is cited yet. It's probably between a couple options that they're mulling. It won't be ESPN, though, since the AZ-UT game will air at 10:15.

Just announced: ESPN2.
            I updated the title.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Saw a posting on social media that game time is 8:00 PM EST.

Comment

A little prognosticating: The Godfather is getting healthier, and that is letting other players have an impact as he is double teamed. I don't think Sorsby or Kiner have really hit their stride, yet. They unleashed some good things in the first half of the Pitt game, but they have some plays no opponent has seen yet. Yeah, the Red Raiders score in bunches, but they also go on long scoring droughts. I think our offense will have some long, sustained drives and their offense will be sitting on the sidelines too long between series to get red hot (pun).

UC - 45

TT - 31
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                  A little prognosticating: The Godfather is getting healthier, and that is letting other players have an impact as he is double teamed. I don't think Sorsby or Kiner have really hit their stride, yet. They unleashed some good things in the first half of the Pitt game, but they have some plays no opponent has seen yet. Yeah, the Red Raiders score in bunches, but they also go on long scoring droughts. I think our offense will have some long, sustained drives and their offense will be sitting on the sidelines too long between series to get red hot (pun).

UC - 45

TT - 31
                  That's a bold score prediction on our end. However TTU's defense is somewhat non existent so you might be right. The Red Raider defense is is the bottom quadrant in yards allowed which is par for the course for them over the years.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

TT plays a 9 man defense, there will be holes everywhere.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

That's a bold score prediction on our end. However TTU's defense is somewhat non existent so you might be right. The Red Raider defense is is the bottom quadrant in yards allowed which is par for the course for them over the years.
                      versus houston, to me, it looked like UC was trying to burn clock. if uc scores 45 in any game, its because the offense ran a track meet, and it got a defensive score or two. it also means that uc's defense will spend a lot of time on the field, which equals lots of points for the other team. if uc ins with 45 points, TTU will probably have 44

Comment

I was dead wrong on my prediction last week and was awarded a shutout. So Im going to predict a loss for the bearcats again only because it is a very long road trip however I am going with a close game 33-30 for TT. So with that go bearcats.

Comment

TV crew: Brian Custer, Rod Gilmore, Lauren Sisler

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                            TV crew: Brian Custer, Rod Gilmore, Lauren Sisler
                            Doesn't Gilmore just like hate us or something.? It's been a while since he's called one of our games.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Yes he does. I’ll sync with the radio, not easy but possible.
                              Fire Scott Satterfield

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X