X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geaux Juan
    replied
    Originally posted by Genester View Post

This is clearly not about the truth or the accuracy of the officials, it’s about safety.
    Whose safety? The people listening at home? Because one can't listen to the radio at the stadium, what with all the generated noise and time delays of the play-by-play. If you're claiming the offiicals being named, that's common knowledge and easily obtained information.

So, obviously, I don't agree with your opinion.

Leave a comment:

• GangstaTakester
    replied
    Sounds like when Marty and Joe got in trouble during the Pete Rose/Dave Pallone incident at the Red's Game.

https://www.nytimes.com/1988/05/04/s...apologize.html

Leave a comment:

• Genester
    replied
    Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
    The Big XII suspended the Texas Tech radio team for telling the truth - Big 12 censures, suspends Texas Tech radio announcers for criticizing officials (dallasnews.com)
    This is clearly not about the truth or the accuracy of the officials, it’s about safety.

Leave a comment:

• Geaux Juan
    replied
    The Big XII suspended the Texas Tech radio team for telling the truth - Big 12 censures, suspends Texas Tech radio announcers for criticizing officials (dallasnews.com)

Leave a comment:

• Geaux Juan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

That game was interesting crowd wise because everybody left figuring it was over and then Ron Dayne fumbled the ball on like the 5 yard line. People were trying to get back into the stadium still when the game ended. A goal post ended up in Clifton Heights somewhere I think.
    I think you're confusing upsets; the Wisconsin game had Cincinnati leading going into the 4th Quarter, 14-12. UC scored the only points in the 4th Q for a 17-12 win, so I don't think that many fans left (although back in the day it may have looked that way).

The game I remember folks leaving and trying to coming back was against Southern Miss. UC came back from 17 down entering the 4th Q for a 27-24 win. So Miss was ranked 20 USAT/24 AP. We were on the field (as we always were back before the Big East (their rule that we violated vs. #7 Rutgers)), and I was standing next to coach Greg Hudson when he shouted out, "all those fans that left early can kiss my @$$".

Here's a story link - Southern Mississippi So. Miss./Cincinnati Cincinnati College Football recap on ESPN (espncdn.com)

Leave a comment:

• made_hand
    replied

That game was interesting crowd wise because everybody left figuring it was over and then Ron Dayne fumbled the ball on like the 5 yard line. People were trying to get back into the stadium still when the game ended. A goal post ended up in Clifton Heights somewhere I think.
    I believe it was Joselin Avenue ... that was my first game as a UC student. As a 17 year old new college student, my parents at home back in Maryland were mightily impressed they saw me on TV with a (few) beers in my hand. HAHAHA

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Going way back, Mintor's team beat a top 10 Wisconsin team and the fans stormed the field.

Leave a comment:

• Barklee
    replied
    The last time was when we beat UCF at home 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• London 'Cat
    replied
    Back when Dontonio was coach, they used to allow you to go on the field and meet the players once the game had ended. In fact, it seemed like they encouraged that an interaction. I recall taking my children to games and they were excited to see the players and shake their hands. As a side note, the players were also very thankful to the fans for coming to watch them play.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Speaking of Houston, all 500 fans that they had in the stands stormed the field a few weeks ago when they knocked off SMU.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

When was the last time UC fans did a field storm? I know there was one when Dantonio's squad upset Rutgers and I was there when BK's squad beat Syracuse to clinch an Orange Bowl bid. Don't recall if others since. Maybe UCF a couple years ago? Tulsa to win the AAC last year? Neither?
    The Syracuse game was last time we stormed the field to get to the Orange Bowl. If some losses occur to other CFP teams, it's possible we storm the field if we get to and beat UH in AAC CCG.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Going way back, Mintor's team beat a top 10 Wisconsin team and the fans stormed the field.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    In random Big XII things, field storming is a $25K fine from the conference.
    When was the last time UC fans did a field storm? I know there was one when Dantonio's squad upset Rutgers and I was there when BK's squad beat Syracuse to clinch an Orange Bowl bid. Don't recall if others since. Maybe UCF a couple years ago? Tulsa to win the AAC last year? Neither?

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    In random Big XII things, field storming is a $25K fine from the conference.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    ^ That was a really good read.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X