Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearcat93
    replied
    All the pub needs is a 4K 45” TV and a Verizon phone (ESPN+ free). I’m surprised more pubs aren’t cutting the cord and satellite services. When we did, we dropped from 175 monthly to 75.00 and have more options than we ever had. A bonus…..less commercials.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by Illuminerdski View Post
    I'm all for going to bw3, or local sports pub. If the game is on an actual cable channel, that is an option. I was just saying with streaming, those games usually aren't at your local pub.
    I'm guessing a lot of places will go to FOX Sports GO or ESPN+ as a streaming option eventually. Cable and satellite aren't coming back.

Leave a comment:

• Illuminerdski
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I think it would be costly for a local channel like Fox19 or WLWT5 to pay ESPN for rights to broadcast a game. The point for going after the moarkets is to force people in those markets to subscribe to the streaming service and airing the game on local channel, even a regional FXOhio ro regional ESPN channels (were they to exist) would defeat the purpose. A cheaper option is an afternoon at BW-3 or a local sports pub.
    I'm all for going to bw3, or local sports pub. If the game is on an actual cable channel, that is an option. I was just saying with streaming, those games usually aren't at your local pub.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    One thing on my wish list as related to any TV rights discussion. If a game is only available on a streaming platform like ESPN+ or similar, it would be nice if the game was at available in the home market. If the game is on cable, you could at least go somewhere that would show the game. That is not an option with games that are streamed.
    I think it would be costly for a local channel like Fox19 or WLWT5 to pay ESPN for rights to broadcast a game. The point for going after the moarkets is to force people in those markets to subscribe to the streaming service and airing the game on local channel, even a regional FXOhio ro regional ESPN channels (were they to exist) would defeat the purpose. A cheaper option is an afternoon at BW-3 or a local sports pub.

Leave a comment:

• Illuminerdski
    replied
    One thing on my wish list as related to any TV rights discussion. If a game is only available on a streaming platform like ESPN+ or similar, it would be nice if the game was at available in the home market. If the game is on cable, you could at least go somewhere that would show the game. That is not an option with games that are streamed.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    And from the Athletic ($)

https://theathletic.com/3574896/2022...ormark-big-12/

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Detailed write up from the Enquirer
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...s/66006090007/

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    UC sent out an email on this earlier today. I’ll post it a bit later.
    Oops Forgot

The Cincinnati Bearcats are excited to welcome Big 12 Commissioner, Brett Yormark to campus on Wednesday, September 7 at 9:45 a.m. as a part of Cincinnati's Big 12 Welcome!

Commissioner Yormark will be greeted by student-athletes, Bearcats Spirit Squads, and faculty and staff. Brett, as well as Big 12 executive staff will enter the doors of Lindner Athletic Center at 9:45 a.m., and we encourage Bearcats Nation to come to campus and show the Big 12 what the University of Cincinnati is all about!

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...egy-going-west

Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark isn't bashful about his expansion strategy. He wants to go West.

Speaking Wednesday during a visit to future Big 12 member Cincinnati, Yormark told reporters that the league would be interested in adding members from the Pacific time zone. The new commissioner has taken a bold approach toward expansion, saying at football media days, "The Big 12 is open for business."

"Obviously, going out West is where I would like to go, entering that fourth time zone," Yormark said Wednesday.

He added of the Big 12's wish list: "A program that has national recognition, one that competes at the highest level in basketball and football, stands for the right things, is a good cultural fit."

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    UC sent out an email on this earlier today. I’ll post it a bit later.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Saw from Jason Williams of the Enquirer that the new Big 12 commish will be in town visiting UC tomorrow and will meet with the media

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied

ESPN would LOVE to get out from under the LHN boondoggle and fold it into SEC Network early. I'm sure the money will be there.
    That's a lot of money! The Big 12 was smarter than other conferences in requesting members sign a 99 year commitment in addition to GoR for tv deal. The combination of fees has been too massive as of yet. I don't see OU or Texass paying both fees even if money is there because it still doesn't pay out even with SEC tv deal with ESPN

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied

Any chance they can just convert it to a proper Big XII Network?

The studio is physically in Austin I believe so maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Illuminerdski
    replied

ESPN would LOVE to get out from under the LHN boondoggle and fold it into SEC Network early. I'm sure the money will be there.
    Any chance they can just convert it to a proper Big XII Network?

Last edited by Lobot; 09-02-2022, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I’d go for that, presuming ESPN makes it worth enough.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X