No announcement yet.

Desmond Ridder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oldtimer - I think that Des might just inject the Falcons with a bolt of energy that they need. Des reminds me of Magic Johnson when Magic was a rookie and was a rah-rah kind of player that the veterans first were sinical of. Magic's rookie year, he had to play center in the finals when Kareem was injured/sick, and they won. I am hopeful that Des can bring life to their offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      Oldtimer - I think that Des might just inject the Falcons with a bolt of energy that they need. Des reminds me of Magic Johnson when Magic was a rookie and was a rah-rah kind of player that the veterans first were sinical of. Magic's rookie year, he had to play center in the finals when Kareem was injured/sick, and they won. I am hopeful that Des can bring life to their offense.
      I wish him well, of course. I was more teasing than anything.

Comment

Comparison of the situation with Des in the UC at UCLA game and his upcoming first start for the Falcons. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3986603/2022...ns-cincinnati/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Piling a little more pressure on Des: Mariota has left the team. Ridder can handle it.

Comment

A nice article about the change. Falcons Coach Arthur Smith Reveals Motives for Desmond Ridder, Marcus Mariota QB Swap (msn.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
              Piling a little more pressure on Des: Mariota has left the team. Ridder can handle it.
              Is there a source for this? Mariota was put on injured reserve so he's done for the year and wouldn't need to be at the facility. Did he actually quit though?
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Is there a source for this? Mariota was put on injured reserve so he's done for the year and wouldn't need to be at the facility. Did he actually quit though?
                https://sports.yahoo.com/falcons-qb-...183430011.html

His benching was performance related, not injury.

Comment

From a Sports Illustrated article, it sounds as if he may be placed on IR.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                    From a Sports Illustrated article, it sounds as if he may be placed on IR.
                    Ok, i found more than a few articles on it. He was demoted, placed on IR and then chose to leave the team for treatment for a knee injury that had been bothering him all season.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

His first career start and really only reps, the Falcons loss to Baltimore 9-17. Des did not play all that bad.

PASSING
                      Desmond Ridder 22/33 218 0 0
                      RUSHING
                      Tyler Allgeier 18 74 0 4.1
                      Cordarrelle Patterson 8 17 0 2.1
                      Avery Williams 3 16 0 5.3
                      Desmond Ridder 4 8 0 2

Comment

Little love from the Falcons website.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/...nnati-bearcats
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Some local coverage on the win. Former Bearcats quarterback Desmond Ridder picks up first win as NFL starter (wlwt.com) They are definitely keeping things simple for him with zero TD and zero INT.

Comment

First career TD pass
                            https://twitter.com/bearcatjournal/s...7D2qNqCHNWn5ng

Comment

Haven't watched this yet -- but Des Ridder mic'd up
                              https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/s...56798544891917

Comment

Netflix is releasing a series this summer called Quarterback featuring "unprecedent access" to Patrick Mahomes, Kirk Cousins and Marcus Mariota. You'd have to think Des gets some air time given his sharing of the QB room with and eventual replacement of Mariota as starting QB in Atlanta.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X