No announcement yet.

Jeremiah Davenport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the official social media post from JD -- image below, also can see on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/J24Davenport/sta...34824846340112

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FtDBR_GWIA8nVz6?format=jpg&name=large
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-06-2023, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I believe we will see more leaving as the staff test the waters for those wanting to come. Their careers are on the line especially after Huggs comment.

Comment

I don't want to hijack JD's moment but please direct me to it as I missed it.

Comment

Statement from CWM
          https://twitter.com/gobearcatsmbb/st...afEvcB3TiB6zmg
          https://vb.bearcatnews.com/core/blob...4-9c5288acb4f8

Comment

CWM has the people part of the job down now let see if the coaching up and recruiting is as fruitful.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
              I don't want to hijack JD's moment but please direct me to it as I missed it.
              are you talking about Huggins statement about the shock UC will get coming into the Big 12? He says he feels sorry for them

You want the honest answer,” Huggins asked with a straight face, “I feel sorry for them. They have absolutely no idea what they are getting into. I’ve been in a lot of leagues with the best coaches in America and the best players in America. I’m telling you right now, [the Big 12 is] the hardest league I’ve ever coached in. Ever.”

Huggins went into some of the other reasons for the difficulty of play in this conference, expanding beyond what is on the court and sideline each and every week.

“The [Big 12 has] the best fan bases,” Huggins said. “You go in and they may be 3-17 and they’ve got 14,000 people sitting in there. It’s unbelievable, the fan support, how good the players are, how good the coaching is. It is such a hard, hard league and you’ve got to go through it twice. I’m gonna tell you, they’re not ready for that.”

BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, and UCF will officially join the Big 12 on July 1, 2023, and will compete in all conference sports starting in the 2023-24 athletic season.
              Last edited by leo from jersey; 04-06-2023, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I was expecting something like this... figured there would be some type of comment.

And he's definitely a Bearcat for life. I can see him coming back after next season and being around the program.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

are you talking about Huggins statement about the shock UC will get coming into the Big 12? He says he feels sorry for them

You want the honest answer,” Huggins asked with a straight face, “I feel sorry for them. They have absolutely no idea what they are getting into. I’ve been in a lot of leagues with the best coaches in America and the best players in America. I’m telling you right now, [the Big 12 is] the hardest league I’ve ever coached in. Ever.”

Huggins went into some of the other reasons for the difficulty of play in this conference, expanding beyond what is on the court and sideline each and every week.

“The [Big 12 has] the best fan bases,” Huggins said. “You go in and they may be 3-17 and they’ve got 14,000 people sitting in there. It’s unbelievable, the fan support, how good the players are, how good the coaching is. It is such a hard, hard league and you’ve got to go through it twice. I’m gonna tell you, they’re not ready for that.”

BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, and UCF will officially join the Big 12 on July 1, 2023, and will compete in all conference sports starting in the 2023-24 athletic season.
                  Those teams will have to play here, too. I’ll put our home court advantage against anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                    Those teams will have to play here, too. I’ll put our home court advantage against anybody.
                    Huggs was talking game after game. The ACC does not have that many strong fan bases as the Big 12. We want in the big league and now we are.

Comment

Thanks for that Leo. We knew coming in that the B12 is the best bball conference in the country. So I say let the games begin lol

Comment

Is this the same Huggins that wore that bright banana suit while coaching WVU to a humiliating loss at UC while in the Big East?
                        bob huggins yellow suit - Bing images

Comment

As an aside, JD shared the Wes Miller quote post on his Instagram and wrote “LOVE YOU COACH!”

The whole roster management / portal stuff is tricky. So whatever the conversations may have been that led to JD hitting the portal, it definitely doesn’t seem like he was forced out. Not that I’ve seen anyone suggesting that. Just saying.

Comment

Well, if he wants to get a master's degree, it is wise to get it from a different school that he received his bachelor's degree. If he can get another university to pay for him to get it, that is good for him.

Comment

Great post by JD & what a classy young man. He represented the CPAW extremely well. Best of luck going forward JD!

Comment

Very Classy Post by JD.... Any ideas where he might transfer to....?

I wish him the best of luck, thank you playing hard the part 4yrs....

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X