No announcement yet.

Jeremiah Davenport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JD took a lot of heat over the past few years, but he played hard, played with a smile and enthusiasm that was contagious, and is leaving with head held high. He is a college basketball player. That is going to come with highs and lows. As a college player and as a representative of UC, he was fantastic. He handled his leaving far better and more maturely than a lot of the Bearcat fan base that he thanked. I hope he thrives at his new school next season.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post
      JD took a lot of heat over the past few years, but he played hard, played with a smile and enthusiasm that was contagious, and is leaving with head held high. He is a college basketball player. That is going to come with highs and lows. As a college player and as a representative of UC, he was fantastic. He handled his leaving far better and more maturely than a lot of the Bearcat fan base that he thanked. I hope he thrives at his new school next season.
      Well done. Pretty close to what I've been trying to put on paper for a couple of days now.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

JD comes from a great family and he will continue with that spirit. I am certain that he will be successful in whatever he does. Good luck young man and God bless. Thanks for being a Bearcat during the past 4 years with covid, coach changes and everything else that was happening all around us.

Comment

Now with JD departing and Nolley officially declaring for the draft and have Reynolds committed to U.C.where does CWM get his player leadership. Newman, Vik, MAW ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
            Now with JD departing and Nolley officially declaring for the draft and have Reynolds committed to U.C.where does CWM get his player leadership. Newman, Vik, MAW ?
            whoever steps up and leads by example

Comment

I was thinking that role would go to MAW. He's a veteran player with 4 years with the cats, 2 years with Wes. He a solid player who's been through some tough times and he understands the coaches and is a good role model to the new guys coming into the program.

Comment

MAW will provide that leadership, along with Vik. Both will need to be vocal or quiet leaders in the lockerroom, minimally leading by example. I think Newmann can provide some leadership too, should he get the medical redshirt that is expected.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

MAW will provide that leadership, along with Vik. Both will need to be vocal or quiet leaders in the lockerroom, minimally leading by example. I think Newmann can provide some leadership too, should he get the medical redshirt that is expected.
                  MAW would need to step up and be defintely be more vocal. I think Newman is the guy here.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

MAW would need to step up and be defintely be more vocal. I think Newman is the guy here.
                    That was my thought with Skillings being encouraged to speak up.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

That was my thought with Skillings being encouraged to speak up.
                      Long term that would be optimal.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ideally MAW would be the one. You want someone that is cool and can general things on the floor per coach's instructions. He's capable of drawing a foul and his % on free throws is exceptional if a point or two is to decide an outcome. But being a vocal leader is not in him I don't believe, but we will see.

Comment

In an interview this past season, Coach Sampson from Houston said that he recruits leaders. Now you see why. UC has all of these guys returning; some of them 3,4, and 5 year guys, and we are wondering who the leader is going to be. What happens if no one takes on that role?

Comment

Recruiting leaders is meaningless coach speak. A 17–18-year-old has no clue how to be a leader in any sport/career. Even the military has to teach leadership to their 18-year-old recruits. Coach Sampson has the same results we had under Mick. Run through a horrendous American Athletic Conference schedule to accumulate 28-30 wins, blow your 1-2 games against OOC top 25, blow the conference tournament in the championship game, and get bounced from the NCCA a round or two before the talking heads ever imaged possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Daddy_Bearcat_07 View Post
                              Coach Sampson has the same results we had under Mick. Run through a horrendous American Athletic Conference schedule to accumulate 28-30 wins, blow your 1-2 games against OOC top 25, blow the conference tournament in the championship game, and get bounced from the NCCA a round or two before the talking heads ever imaged possible.
                              Ummm…what? The past three years:
                              - Final Four
                              - Elite 8
                              - No. 1 seed who had their star player get injured in post seaso

Comment

A lot of talk about Leadership Role... I'm not sure who the leader of this team will be.. I'm not sure this TEAM in coming will need a so-called leader...

Maybe with James, Griffith, Thomas, & Reynolds this team will actually start to jell along with Skillings and a few of the other younger player's..

I've watched MAW for (4)yrs now, he does not appear to be the leader type. Who would embrace that sort of role.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X