Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

A couple things here:

1. What some schools promise in NIL to players and what players actually get are entirely different things. Some schools coached by certain people in the profession are not only BS’ng kids but it looks like in one case, they did it on purpose just to get players, including MAW, into the portal. Tampering is one thing but this is bordering on fraud. There will be sooooo many player vs. collective and school vs school lawsuits if the NCAA doesn’t get a handle on this NIL **** really soon.

2. I’m still trying to make things jive with stuff posted elsewhere on MAW and that particular school vs. what I was told leading up to his commitment today because those two things and the schools involved do not add up.

Considering the coach involved with #1, I won’t be shocked if it’s true. Terrible human being IMO.

so are you saying he went into the portal just for the NIL money promised?

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

so are you saying he went into the portal just for the NIL money promised?
      I’m saying one school appears to have baited multiple players with NIL money and then pulled the rug out from under them after they entered the portal when better players became available. It wasn’t just MAW.

If this is in fact what happened, it’s extremely shady.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Considering the coach involved with #1, I won’t be shocked if it’s true. Terrible human being IMO.

There you go again…throwing out insulting personal remarks.

Comment

I’m saying one school appears to have baited multiple players with NIL money and then pulled the rug out from under them after they entered the portal when better players became available. It wasn’t just MAW.

If this is in fact what happened, it’s extremely shady.
          Is it any shadier than players asking schools for a certain dollar amount and then bailing when a higher bidder comes along?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Is it any shadier than players asking schools for a certain dollar amount and then bailing when a higher bidder comes along?
            Welcome to free enterprise.

Comment

So MAW was coaxed into the portal by a dangled carrot and then it yanked away when a " better " player emerged?

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                So MAW was coaxed into the portal by a dangled carrot and then it yanked away when a " better " player emerged?
                Yes, although the rug pull was due to a player that returned to the program out of the portal. Since it's already out there elsewhere now, the School/Coach are Ole Miss/Chris Beard.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Yes, although the rug pull was due to a player that returned to the program out of the portal. Since it's already out there elsewhere now, the School/Coach are Ole Miss/Chris Beard.
                  why didn't he come back. Did CWM leave the door open or was it closed?

Comment

why didn't he come back. Did CWM leave the door open or was it closed?
                    Yes I don't what us to air dirty laundry but the parting of MAW was it on friendly terms even though Mika was ( for the lack of a better term ) burned.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

Yes I don't what us to air dirty laundry but the parting of MAW was it on friendly terms even though Mika was ( for the lack of a better term ) burned.
                      since ole Miss took their player back one would think MAW would be able to come back. Did St Bonnie offer more NIL Did CWM not want a player who left or perhaps just didn't want the player back? Lots of questions. Lobot do you know anything? MAW was a steady influence on VIK. Do we see any problems as VIK can get emotional.

Comment

since ole Miss took their player back one would think MAW would be able to come back. Did St Bonnie offer more NIL Did CWM not want a player who left or perhaps just didn't want the player back? Lots of questions. Lobot do you know anything? MAW was a steady influence on VIK. Do we see any problems as VIK can get emotional.
                        The staff was not expecting him to do that, especially after he committed to returning ealier in the off season. I couldn't tell you if the door was open for a return or whether it was on friendly terms or not. I'm sure it'll come out eventually but I don't personally have any insight on what went down behind closed doors.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The staff was not expecting him to do that, especially after he committed to returning ealier in the off season. I couldn't tell you if the door was open for a return or whether it was on friendly terms or not. I'm sure it'll come out eventually but I don't personally have any insight on what went down behind closed doors.
                          Next bearcat up

Comment

I guess those old adages are really true - A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ---- don’t count your chickens before they hatch----the grass is always greener on the other side --

My favorite is always get it in writing if it is important.

although Maw did land on his feet perhaps with some hurt pride.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X