No announcement yet.

Isaiah Collier 2023 GA PG 6'3 offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unload with uc support, let the community have a big hand in reeling this stud in. We need to tweet at him the top 10 programs of all time in cbb. There is no alabama on that list I dont believe.

Comment

We need all the positive posts on this forum regarding this young man and the bearcat nation to aid in bringing him into our family. We desperately need playmakers on this team. This young man along with the three incoming recruits would be a huge recruiting coup for the bball staff.

Comment

Well, I'll just say that we haven't had an elite PG since Cashmere Wright. Cash played well here despite being limited by numerous knee injuries. The most important position in college basketball, especially heading into the Big 12 where we'll be playing Baylor and Kansas instead of USF and ECU. We played Kansas OOC a lot back in the 1960's and it's time to bring back the glory of UC basketball. A player like this along with the recruits joining later this year gives more than just a solid foundation. A guy like this can become coach Miller's Herb Jones.

Comment

Collier's tweet appealing to UC fans = 166 retweets, 32 quote tweets, 2,147 likes
          Collier's tweet appealing to Alabama fans = 43 retweets, 3 quote tweets, 385 likes

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            Collier's tweet appealing to UC fans = 166 retweets, 32 quote tweets, 2,147 likes
            Collier's tweet appealing to Alabama fans = 43 retweets, 3 quote tweets, 385 likes
            I cant seem to find the alabama one anymore, still has the uc one on his Twitter and I did see the tide one the other day but maybe he took it down because our fans crushed it. Here is hoping for the exact mold of guard wes wants in his system, who doesn't want to play your game however u see it fit. He obviously will be handed the keys to a big 12 program and allowed to start from day one, what u waiting on mr. Collier go with your heart and make it the Bearcats.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox19bearcatbounce View Post

I cant seem to find the alabama one anymore, still has the uc one on his Twitter and I did see the tide one the other day but maybe he took it down because our fans crushed it. Here is hoping for the exact mold of guard wes wants in his system, who doesn't want to play your game however u see it fit. He obviously will be handed the keys to a big 12 program and allowed to start from day one, what u waiting on mr. Collier go with your heart and make it the Bearcats.
              Link is on the previous page of this thread. Still up.

Comment

Up to #7 in the 2023 rankings from on3. The recruiting prediction says 65% to UC. Hmm...
                https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/player/basketball/2023/

https://www.on3.com/news/2023-recruits-on3-is-higher-on-than-the-industry-standard/

One of the biggest risers in the class is none other than Isaiah Collier. The 6-foot-2 combo guard has earned his fifth star, rising over 20 spots, and is now ranked by On3 as the No. 7 overall prospect. Rivals ranks the Georgia native at No. 12, ESPN at No. 15, and 247Sports as low as No. 22.

Collier boasts offers from Auburn, Cincinnati, Florida State, Alabama, Georgia, UCLA, USC, and others, but his recruitment remains open. So far, he’s taken official visits to Alabama and Cincinnati, and unofficial trips to Auburn and Georgia.

Scouting Report: “Collier is a bigger guard with a strong build and nice length. He is at his best in the pick and roll, where his pace and vision can stand out. Collier has improved his jump shot, as he is confidently taking it off the bounce. While he is not a top-end athlete, he has enough pop to get where he needs to go.” – Jamie Shaw
                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-14-2022, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Standouts from the USA Basketball Junior Team Minicamp practice

https://www.on3.com/news/standouts-f...camp-practice/
                  4-star PG Isaiah Collier

Class of 2023
                  Marietta (Ga.) Wheeler
                  On3 Consensus: No. 17

In my eyes, Isaiah Collier was the most impressive point guard at USA Basketball this weekend. The 6-foot-2 floor general plays the game with a level of comfortability, swagger, and poise all simultaneously. He is such a skilled passer and playmaker. He forces the defense to expect the unexpected with a combination of behind-the-back and no-look-passes; to go along with a mean hesitation dribble, quite literally keeping defenders on their toes. While he doesn’t look to score much, Collier is one of the best facilitators in the class.

Comment

New Collier article, which mentions UC is/was in his top 7 but did not mention them further. He's blowing up, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was that.

https://247sports.com/Article/5-star...gia-185834309/

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                      New Collier article, which mentions UC is/was in his top 7 but did not mention them further. He's blowing up, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was that.

https://247sports.com/Article/5-star...gia-185834309/
                      We still have a shot.

Comment

#14 in the new 2023 rankings on ESPN http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...023/order/true

Comment

Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress): Passing clinic from Isaiah Collier, who makes the game incredibly easy for teammates with the way he dishes off a live dribble. So much sizzle to his game. Natural talent with the ball. Getting anywhere he wants and finishing creatively too.

Comment

2023 The Skill Factory (GA) G Isaiah Collier (@isaiahcollier04): 23 PTS, 4 REB, 8 AST, 4 STL vs Vegas Elite #2022EYBL @tsfmack2023 @TheCircuit @NikeEYB

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/louisv...age-186621539/

Collier entered the spring as one the best in the country at making the assist. Turning heads at USA and averaging a little over five dimes per game in Session I backed that narrative. The level of play did not alter in Session II as he was elite in making last minute dumpoffs and lob passes in transition. His insticts to find teammates is an aspect of his game that translates to the NBA level as he can think the game with the best of them.

He also forced four turnovers and scored 23 points with transitional finishes and a few jumpers, but he separates himself with his peers by making the right find while he posseses terrific size for the position. I am not saying he is number one but over the course of his career, Collier has put together a resume that should place him in the conversation with those chasing the spot.

After recently announcing he is open in his recruitment, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Cincinnati, Florida State, Indiana, Stanford, Utah, and UCLA made sure Collier was aware of their courtside presence. Expect more programs to insert themselves into the picture as Collier asserts himself as a point guard prospect coaches will have unwavering trust in whenever the ball is at his possession.

Comment

I am getting close to giving up on Collier. Numerous times in the Cronin era, Mick/staff would be in on a kid big time before they really blew up and started reeling in major offers. Alex Poythress (UK) and Malik Beasley (FSU) are a couple that stand out. UC wasn't even in the running with them by the time they were seniors.

Collier is a top 15 player and he continues to excel in AAU. "Better" programs are going to be coming after him, and have already started this spring.

That being said, here's an article that dedicates plenty of space talking about UC's pursuit of Collier and to not underestimate them. https://www.on3.com/news/5-star-isai...n-home-visits/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X