Isaiah Collier 2023 GA PG 6'3 offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
    I just don't have a good feeling about this.
    Neither do I. The odds are always against. Every school that offered will miss, except one. It seems that now Kentucky is trying to get involved.

Comment

Collier will be on ESPNU at 5:00 next Friday 8/12 as part of a UA Elite 24 event.

Rayvon Griffith will be in that event as well. Trentyn Flowers will also be there.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is Collier playing this summer? I saw a comment somewhere that he was rehabbing an injury. Maybe he's ok now?

Comment

As far as I know. Unless it was a recent thing , he’s been playing
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://www.on3.com/news/why-on3-is-...saiah-collier/

This was interesting because Collier was injured at the u18 USA training camp in May. By all accounts, he was a standout – if not the standout – performer at the event. Collier was also a standout for The Skill Factory on Nike’s EYBL Circuit throughout April. The hesitation in our conversations was Collier had not played in the two months since the USA training camp.

Collier missed all of the events we traveled to in June and July, but everyone on our team had seen him in the high school season and/or April.

Comment

Status changed to "Warm" on 247.

Comment

What was it before?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                  What was it before?
                  I check every day, and “Cool” up to now. Of course that could just be a little of 247 not being updated correctly. Either way, good to see.

Comment

Awesome. So hopeful he commits to Clifton

Comment

I'd feel better if he didn't get a warm from Michigan and USC as well

Comment

I remember when UC tried to recruit a kid from Mt. Healthy and the kid ended up going to USC. The problem was that USC got busted for paying the kid and providing a large home for the dad. If we lose him to USC, I suspect that they pay better but now it is legal.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          I remember when UC tried to recruit a kid from Mt. Healthy and the kid ended up going to USC. The problem was that USC got busted for paying the kid and providing a large home for the dad. If we lose him to USC, I suspect that they pay better but now it is legal.
                          That’s long ago, nobody from those days is still there. I’ll just trust that when he compares all his options, Isaiah Collier will choose UC, I know I would. Bohn didn’t do us any favors when he hired John Brannen here, though.
                          Last edited by longtimefan; 08-05-2022, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

That’s long ago, nobody from those days is still there. I’ll just trust that when he compares all his options, Isaiah Collier will choose UC, I know I would. Bohn didn’t do us any favors when he hired John Brannen here, though.
                            Can’t let the Brannen thing go can you?

Also, are you guys referring to OJ Mayo on the USC thing? At least get the school correct - he went to NCH, not Mt Healthy

Comment

MVP of Steph Curry camp
                              https://twitter.com/tsfmack2023/stat...iN4Zmpo6t3Bq1A

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ore-191270223/

Eric Bossi (247):

The recruitment of Isaiah Collier has certainly been an interesting one to follow. At one time or another there has been talk that any of the five schools that he’s visited – Alabama, Cincinnati, Michigan, UCLA and USC – has been in great position. So, I want to be clear that while there has been plenty of talk about where he may end up, information that I consider to be really credible hasn’t been all that easy to come up with and calling his recruitment at this point isn't easy.

Collier’s most recent visit was to Michigan a couple of weeks ago and the expectation had been that he’ll be ready to announce a decision in the relatively near future. As always happens in the aftermath of a visit there was some talk of Michigan closing a lot of ground on Collier’s visit and Juwan Howard has certainly been making a big impression on the recruiting trail so it would be foolish to rule him out. But the post visit buzz hasn't been the type that suggests Michigan was able to establish themselves as the leader. Like I already said, though, there just isn’t a lot of great information circulating just now so that doesn't mean the Wolverines couldn't have pulled ahead.

Back in the spring, I would have favored Wes Miller and the Bearcats, and they’ve certainly done good work and are still deep in the mix. There is also a lot of talk that suggests that Collier will end up out West. Whether that’s UCLA or USC, I’m not totally sure...... but he has some ties to the Los Angeles area that are helping out the programs trying to lure him out West.

The biggest takeaway I have is that Collier hasn't set any decision date yet and that from what is being said in the background, he may not be making his choice as quickly as we initially thought he would. There's still a lot going on in the decision making progress and it is just one of those recruitments that is too close to call right now. I wish that I had something a little more concrete on this one.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X