2022 Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coach View Post

There are not a bunch of highly recruited big kids right now who have decommitted from what i've seen. That said, he needs big kid who can step in an play immediately.
    Lsu alone had a few, I agree needing immediate impact guys. They were high 4 star and 5 star stud, we see since Miller is playing close to vest

Comment

• Jeff Rabjohns of Indiana's 247 site: Nevada coach Steve Alford and UNLV coach Kevin Kruger are scheduled to have in-home visits today with Cincinnati point guard transfer Mike Saunders Jr.

Comment

There are not a bunch of highly recruited big kids right now who have decommitted from what i've seen. That said, he needs big kid who can step in an play immediately.
        devin ree, julian Phillip's and yohan traore are just a few that decommited from lsu, but the reason I dont think they made them a priority is because were not listed as reaching out or in any of their final schools. But was longshots most likely anyways. Also sky clark, malika reneau, Tyrell ward, Aidan shaw, judah mintz, riley kugel and bobi kingman. I think only 2 or 3 on this list were considered sg or sf, the others are power forwards and centers.
        Last edited by Fox19bearcatbounce; 03-30-2022, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Mark Sears the Ohio U points guard is in the portal. Think he has 3 years left. Kid can play.

Comment

• Old Dominion transfer Kalu Ezikpe is down to six programs, per his instagram

LSU
            Cincinnati
            Western Kentucky
            Georgia
            Georgia Tech
            Pittsburgh
            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-30-2022, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Another MAC player who would be a huge help offensively. A slightly smaller version of Eason with better ball skills and perimeter shot. Ali Ali.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2022/03/...ansfer-portal/

Comment

• How does he help Coach, doesn't look like he rebounds. We need boards, not more Davenports.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Indiana guard Rob Phinisee into the portal. He has one (COVID) year left. He was a former low 4-star recruit that many anticipated would become an all-Big Ten guard. But he didn't seem to develop much, though had an insane game earlier this year in knocking off Purdue. He's not particularly tall, not super fast, and has struggled with his shot. But I think he'd be more ready to contribute at the AAC level than the aforementioned Khristian Lander. Seems like a great kid.
                  Rob Phinisee tells Jon Rothstein that Cincinnati, Purdue, OSU, Iowa, UNLV, Bradley, Cal have shown interest

I'd personally add that if you are frustrated by Mika Adams-Woods, Phinisee won't make you feel very good. Though maybe stepping down a level may help him.
                  Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-31-2022, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                    How does he help Coach, doesn't look like he rebounds. We need boards, not more Davenports.
                    Simple, he can score and create his own shot. This team needs more offense priority 1. DDJ is basically the only kid who regularly had any success creating his own shot.

Comment

• Also from Rothstein:

Iowa transfer Joe Toussiant tells me that he's receiving interest from the following programs:

Xavier
                      St. John's
                      Cincinnati
                      Oklahoma State
                      Ohio
                      Rhode Island
                      Florida Gulf Coast

Comment

• "Kansas State guard Nijel Pack is in the transfer portal, source told ESPN. Huge addition to the transfer list. Averaged 17.4 points, 3.8 rebounds, shot 43.6% from 3-point range. Lot of schools had their eyes on him. First-team All-Big 12 selection."

From Indianapolis

Comment

Another MAC player who would be a huge help offensively. A slightly smaller version of Eason with better ball skills and perimeter shot. Ali Ali.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2022/03/...ansfer-portal/
                          Ali Ali is very good but saying he’s a version of Eason is off base. They play absolutely nothing alike except that they can dribble and that they’re tall. Eason protects the rim and grabs a bunch of boards. Ali Ali focuses more on shooting and distributing from the wing spot.

Comment

• Yea but if he can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, Coach may be on to something!
                            He's right, you can never have too much offense, but I think our greatest needs are in the toughness, rebounding and distribution catagories.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

Ali Ali is very good but saying he’s a version of Eason is off base. They play absolutely nothing alike except that they can dribble and that they’re tall. Eason protects the rim and grabs a bunch of boards. Ali Ali focuses more on shooting and distributing from the wing spot.
                              Not true, Ali is from what I've seen of him play a lot better at shooting the ball from the perimeter and also putting the ball on the floor. He's played the wing whereby Teri struggled on the wing as he's not a good perimeter shooter at all, and still struggles to guard wing players defensively. Rim protector is a relative term. Eason may make some great blocks, but he only averaging a block a game. I'd take Ali as the guy who has the more complete game. He's good enough on the wing and getting looks for other guys he's better utilized outside. Eason wants to be that type of guy, but his future lays in the paint unless he can consistently knock down shots. Ali is pretty solid in all areas of the game.Eason was a lot better this year as Lsu had enough kids up front and offensively to get him opportunities when he wasn't in foul trouble.

Comment

Not true, Ali is from what I've seen of him play a lot better at shooting the ball from the perimeter and also putting the ball on the floor. He's played the wing whereby Teri struggled on the wing as he's not a good perimeter shooter at all, and still struggles to guard wing players defensively. Rim protector is a relative term. Eason may make some great blocks, but he only averaging a block a game. I'd take Ali as the guy who has the more complete game. He's good enough on the wing and getting looks for other guys he's better utilized outside. Eason wants to be that type of guy, but his future lays in the paint unless he can consistently knock down shots. Ali is pretty solid in all areas of the game.Eason was a lot better this year as Lsu had enough kids up front and offensively to get him opportunities when he wasn't in foul trouble.
                                I feel like everything you just said speaks to my point. You just stated multiple areas Ali and Eason differ. Meaning they don’t play similar. Yet in your original post you said he is a smaller version of Eason. My entire point, was they don’t play alike so he can’t be considered a version of Eason.

Ali shoots almost twice as many 3’s
                                Eason grabs 3X as many rebounds
                                Eason gets 4X as many steals
                                Eason gets 3X as many blocks.

Numbers and from the 2 games I watched of Ali today shows me few similarities between Eason and Ali.
                                Last edited by CincyBearcats2; 03-31-2022, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X