Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Committed to West Virginia.
    Dude didn’t get along with Gregggggg. Can’t wait to see how well he survives Huggins.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• From Frank Martin to Huggins, not much difference as far as temperament in concerned.

Comment

• Was in Clifton this week and seen and talked to what I believe is a credible source and he named 3 names that look like a great possibility of uc landing. Omar payne,6ft 10 center forward from illinois. Eligibility is a question on whether he sits or not once he transfers because he already transferred from florida thinking cockburn was going pro. #2 is sean McNeil from west virginia who went to my rival highschool and #3 is cam hayes.They are heavily trying for murray but was told Georgetown is a high probability. Not guaranteeing anything just adding few possible names. The longer murray holds off the higher percentage he could possibly come to uc.

We are out of running on Robert's and looks as if cam hayes is a no go.
        Last edited by Fox19bearcatbounce; 04-03-2022, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Xavier sophomore guard Dwon Odom plans to enter the transfer portal, he tells @On3sports. Former four-star prospect. Averaged 6.3 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 2.2 assists while shooting 58.4% from the field this past season.

Comment

• UC has contacted Ali Ali from Akron https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...14447279656964

Comment

• Jeremiah Williams from Temple has committed to Iowa St.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• USF leading scorer and Youngstown native Caleb Murphy into the portal

Comment

• Another big kid with an offensive pedigree. I'd be happy with him as well. I could see him against better competition being a 10 or 12 pt a game kid with 6 rebounds. If we had that this year night in and night out, it would have made a world of difference.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...9/johni-broome

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post
                    Another big kid with an offensive pedigree. I'd be happy with him as well. I could see him against better competition being a 10 or 12 pt a game kid with 6 rebounds. If we had that this year night in and night out, it would have made a world of difference.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...9/johni-broome
                    OVC DPOY and Morehead State transfer Johni Broome has heard from Gonzaga, Ohio State, Auburn, Texas, Texas Tech, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Houston, LSU, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, Virginia Tech, Indiana, Arkansas, source told @Stockrisers

Averaged 16.8, 10.5, 3.9 for Morehead State this year

Comment

• OSU senior Justin Ahrens (Versailles, OH) in the portal. 6'6 and 39.2% career three point shooter. Averaged 4.8 points in 20.1 minutes this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

I feel like everything you just said speaks to my point. You just stated multiple areas Ali and Eason differ. Meaning they don’t play similar. Yet in your original post you said he is a smaller version of Eason. My entire point, was they don’t play alike so he can’t be considered a version of Eason.

Ali shoots almost twice as many 3’s
                        Eason grabs 3X as many rebounds
                        Eason gets 4X as many steals
                        Eason gets 3X as many blocks.

Numbers and from the 2 games I watched of Ali today shows me few similarities between Eason and Ali.

PORTLAND — Ali Ali is a sophomore who has come into his own this season, but the University of Akron Zips forward had his name mentioned in the same breath with Kevin Durant Wednesday.

UCLA coach Mick Cronin, whose fourth-seeded Bruins (25-7) took on 13th-seeded UA (24-9) at 9:50 p.m. Thursday in a first-round NCAA East Regional game at the Moda Center, said Ali jumps out on film.

“They’ve got a go-to forward that can make shots over people, he makes real shots. He’s playing unbelievably well,” Cronin said of Ali.

'His versatility is ridiculous':Ali Ali helps lead Akron Zips into NCAA Tournament

“You don’t see a lot of guys on film that can create their own shot in college basketball,” Cronin said. “It’s been 20 years since I’ve been an assistant, but I used to tell coach [Bob] Huggins and coach [Rick] Pitino all the time, it’s a rare time when you’re going to give a scouting report that a guy can make shots when he’s guarded. Post guys need an angle to score. Shooters need to be freed up to make a shot.
                        "He doesn’t need any of that. He makes some Kevin Durant shots. At 6-8, just bang-bang, create a little space, and shoots it over you. He’s really, really good.”

Ali said his goal has been to play in the NBA since he took up the game, but hearing that comparison was still somewhat mind-blowing.

"Yeah, a little bit," Ali said. "Obviously, it’s great to be mentioned in the same breath as Kevin Durant, he’s obviously a great player."

UA coach John Groce understands what Cronin sees in Ali.

"He’s always had upside and I think now it’s starting to come to fruition," Groce said. "He’s a three-level scorer. I agree he can make tough shots. He can pass it and make guys better. He can play with his back to the basket, he can play facing the basket. He can play the ball-handler in a pick and roll. He can play as the screener in a pick and roll. He’s just so versatile. He’s a versatile defender as well." UCLA coach Mick Cronin: 'Ali Ali may be the next NBA player out of the MAC'

Ali may have been a second-team All-Mid-American Conference selection and a member of the league’s all-tournament team, but Cronin predicted greatness.

“Ali Ali may be the next NBA player out of the MAC,” Cronin said.
                        A graduate of La Salle High School in Cincinnati, Cronin knows a good player when he sees one. Working under Huggins at Cincinnati, Cronin recruited NBA draft picks Steve Logan (Golden State), DerMarr Johnson (Atlanta), Pete Mickeal (Dallas), Kenny Satterfield (Dallas) and Jason Maxiell (Detroit). Mick Cronin followed around his dad, Harold “Hep” Cronin, a high school coach who posted over 400 career victories. Mick Cronin also spent two years under Pitino at Louisville before taking the top job at Murray State.

Comment

• You're math factors are distorted. Eason only averaged a block a game, and 1.9 steals. Not great numbers for a kid who played inside. That said, Ali doesn't play the same position at Akron. He's on the perimeter much, much more and he's not going to get the blocks or rebounds Eason is going to get because of position.

Comment

• Several of Saint Peter's top players are in the portal. Perhaps they are looking to follow Holloway to Seton Hall, but interesting nonetheless.

Also D'Andre (Dre) Davis, a 6'5 sophomore who averaged 7.4 points both his freshman and sophomore campaigns at Louisville. From Indy. Feel like UC recruited him a few years ago. His younger bro just de-committed from UL as well.
                            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-05-2022, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                              Several of Saint Peter's top players are in the portal. Perhaps they are looking to follow Holloway to Seton Hall, but interesting nonetheless.

Also D'Andre (Dre) Davis, a 6'5 sophomore who averaged 7.4 points both his freshman and sophomore campaigns at Louisville. From Indy. Feel like UC recruited him a few years ago. His younger bro just de-committed from UL as well.
                              Look for Utah to make a case here.
                              Cory Huffman
                              Cin City

Comment

• VMI center Jake Stephens plans to enter the transfer portal, he told ESPN. Will be a graduate transfer. First-team All-SoCon selection. 19.6 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 3.3 APG — 6-foot-11 and shoots 49% from 3. Will be a highly sought-after transfer.

Same conference as UNCG

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X