Flory Bidunga 2024 IN C 6'10 offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

You can never have enough or too many big men with his athleticism. If he reclassifies, I'd find him a spot. If I'm Wes, I encourage Flory to reclassify, sign with the Bearcats, and get to the NBA a year sooner. Although foreign players aren't eligible to receive NIL benefits, you never know which big school might swoop in offering something else in the next year, or the rules change.
    Chad has talked about this some, foreign players aren't ineligible, they just require jumping through some big hoops. Foreign players can't make NIL money while in the US, but if they go on a trip outside the US, they can make a lot of NIL in a short period of time. Oscar Tshiebwe made $500,000 in a week at the Bahamas for example. I'm not sure how our ready our NIL is to arrange such trips.

Comment

Seems like there may be some Auburn buzz here

Comment

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....3ssb-chapter-i

Overview: Bidunga had at least seven blocks in his first game of the day on Saturday, but even when his impact on the defensive end goes far beyond the shots on which he actually gets his hands. No prospect in the country impacts the game as a rim-protector more than Binduga whose length, instincts, athleticism and fluidity make him a tantalizing prospect. The Indiana Elite star showed some flashes of his improving offensive game as well – including a pull-up jumper or two from the mid range – but it was his absolute dominance in the defensive paint that had people in the gym buzzing.

Recruitment: Cincinnati, Purdue and Indiana feel like the most involved parties for the time being, but Bidunga is likely to pick up additional offers this summer.

Comment

"Wes Miller’s staff continues to target 2024 5-star center Flory Bidunga, who showed off his intriguing ability and two-way potential..."

https://twitter.com/CincyOnTheProwl/...i9UtuNLOg&s=19
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

247 reporting that the staff is currently watching him play at 3SSB
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://www.on3.com/news/flory-bidun...te-cincinnati/

The 6-foot-9, 210-pound prospect at Kokomo (Ind.) High updated his recruitment over the weekend at Adidas 3SSB Chapter 2. Bidunga has been on several college visits, including unofficial trips to Purdue, Michigan, Cincinnati, Butler, Indiana, and Michigan State. He’s also been on official visits to Auburn, Florida, and has one scheduled with Michigan at the end of the month.

Bidunga played in front of several college coaches over the weekend. Auburn’s Bruce Pearl, as well as assistants from Cincinnati, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Florida, and others were spotted scouting him. He discussed what it was like playing with in front of so many high-level coaches.

When asked about the latest in his recruitment, he says “it’s just kind of the same. The same schools that were recruiting me before. I have Kentucky, Michigan, Florida, Auburn, all those schools.”

Michigan: “It was pretty good. I like the coach, the coaching staff. I like the players. It was pretty good.”

Michigan State: “I like Tom Izzo. He’s a very good coach. One of the big coaches. It was pretty good too.”

Auburn: “I liked the facilities, the coach, the coaching staff, and the players. They were all great when I went there. That was exciting.”

Cincinnati: “The coach has done a good job recruiting me, as the other colleges have been doing too.”

While Bidunga doesn’t have an exact timetable for a making a decision, he says he would like to make one before his senior season. He says he’s looking for “a good place. Some place that feels like home.”

Comment

i don't like the way this seems to be trending....
                https://247sports.com/college/florid...ent-209325340/

Comment

Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post
                  I think UC is in the mix. But also, we were perhaps led to believe that Drew Adams' hiring would make it a sure thing (at least, when he was at Bradley, national people discussed he was likely going to Bradley). And it's not a sure thing. Going up against some major programs and coaches here. Maybe they can get him to campus one more time this summer.

Comment

Agreed. It's interesting to see that Auburn fans felt like they had momentum but now think that they are losing him to UK (and that he said more enthusiastic things about Florida). He seems to try to say deliberately generic things about all the schools though. I wish he had an official scheduled here already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post

Going, Going, and soon to be gone....

Comment

• Can you just imagine how good our front court will be if we add Bidunga?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                          Can you just imagine how good our front court will be if we add Bidunga?
                          Flory should look at all options. I am hopeful that he will still pick UC
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• https://247sports.com/article/flory-...ida-211231914/

FYI..... I think this ship has sailed.

Cincinnati: “There’s been a lot of rumors of me going there but it’s just rumors. They’ve been recruiting me like the other schools staying in touch with me.”

Bidunga looks to make a decision sometime in the fall and knows what he wants in a program.

“I have mo visits planned as of now and I’ll probably make my decision before my senior year,”he said. “For me I want to go somewhere where I can be a student athlete, get my degree, and go to a place that feels like home.”

Comment

• Seems like there's a fair amount of Duke buzz here

Comment

• Bad sign. If he's interested in Duke. He's not interested in working hard just looking to have as much handed to him as possible. Duke hasn't had a decent nba player since Danny ferry.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X