Arrinten Page 2023 GA PF 6'8 offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Would be a banner year for 2023 if we can land both of these recruits along with Collier!
    On paper it would seem like, at best, UC may be able to get Collier or James. But from this ($) article and comments made by Chad B on last night's BCJ podcast, seems within the realm of possibility that James and Collier could both play together (especially if IC were one-and-done and JJ was around longer). Page could be a real key here, as he is visiting at the same time as James and has a chance to build a great relationship with Edgerrin's son.

Comment

Agreed, BearKatz. If we could get Tyler McKinney and/or Burgess for 2024, we would have a better local pipeline than we have had for years.
      Oh man, Damon Flint. I'm showing my age here, but I will never forget how frustrated I would get watching Damon in a square peg/round hold situation, trying to play point. Just not his skill set....

Comment

Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post
        In addition to Rayvon Griffith, who signed so long ago that it seems like ancient news, but brings the hometown hero vibe to what would have to be a top 5 class if they get them all. Trying to not set myself up for the typical heartbreak of the Cincinnati fan.. Good on Coach Wes for straight up going for it though! It's great to be even in the mix for these kinds of kids, and a tribute to the staff that they are getting in on these guys early before they blow up into top 10 prospects.
        This is a bit nitpicky and technical on my part, but Rayvon has only verballed. The early signing period is this coming November. In the end, though, I highly doubt that Griffith will change his mind in the meantime.

Comment

Fair point. Given the way that Rayvon is working social media to try to coax Collier here, I am assuming he is still all in.
          from
          On a side note, I hope JD has a great senior season (I'm hopeful he can a crucial secondary sparkplug if he doesn't need to be in a 1A role that he may not be suited for)-and that he gets a lot of support from local fans-fans constantly tearing down the local players isn't a great formula for local recruiting success.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

On paper it would seem like, at best, UC may be able to get Collier or James. But from this ($) article and comments made by Chad B on last night's BCJ podcast, seems within the realm of possibility that James and Collier could both play together (especially if IC were one-and-done and JJ was around longer). Page could be a real key here, as he is visiting at the same time as James and has a chance to build a great relationship with Edgerrin's son.

James has to realize that Collier is one and done... That gives James 3yrs at the starting PG Position.... and he would receive significant playing time his freshman year...

Comment

Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post
              Agreed, BearKatz. If we could get Tyler McKinney and/or Burgess for 2024, we would have a better local pipeline than we have had for years.
              Oh man, Damon Flint. I'm showing my age here, but I will never forget how frustrated I would get watching Damon in a square peg/round hold situation, trying to play point. Just not his skill set....

Flint was definitely not starting PG material, he was best suited to play the SG Position and not have to worry about taking the ball up court every time....Back then Huggs had a hard time landing quality PG's until Satterfiled came along... We had a huge dry spell between the Final 4/Elite 8 Teams back then, until Kenny arrived.

Comment

Flint was definitely not starting PG material, he was best suited to play the SG Position and not have to worry about taking the ball up court every time....Back then Huggs had a hard time landing quality PG's until Satterfiled came along... We had a huge dry spell between the Final 4/Elite 8 Teams back then, until Kenny arrived.
                Marko Wright was a great PG, just didn’t work out with Huggs. Legree was a great PG, just couldn’t shoot (we were spoiled by Van Exel).

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Marko Wright was a great PG, just didn’t work out with Huggs. Legree was a great PG, just couldn’t shoot (we were spoiled by Van Exel).

I was trying to remember Marko's name, and he would have been... But him and Huggs were not on the same page... LeGree was great and not turning the ball over, and a good distributor, but like you said, could not score....

We also had Rodrick Monroe's team mate, Marcus Moss who Huggs was really high on... But was at school for less than a month, homesick and went back to Texas.

Comment

I was trying to remember Marko's name, and he would have been... But him and Huggs were not on the same page... LeGree was great and not turning the ball over, and a good distributor, but like you said, could not score....

We also had Rodrick Monroe's team mate, Marcus Moss who Huggs was really high on... But was at school for less than a month, homesick and went back to Texas.
                    And Charles Williams was the #1 rated Juco PG…but never lived up to the hype, and then had eligibility issues.

In conclusion, Huggs did not have a hard time landing high quality PGs in the span between NVE and KSatt. He landed them…they just didn’t work out

Comment

Yo, Can we stick to Page here? The previous eras of PGs have no bearing on what we're doing right now with Arrinten Page. He's on campus. Be positive.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We really need to put our best foot forward. There is no time for negative comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Yo, Can we stick to Page here? The previous eras of PGs have no bearing on what we're doing right now with Arrinten Page. He's on campus. Be positive.
                          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Is this not a forum for Bearcat fans to discuss Bearcat stuff? Who cares what thread it’s under…the discussion stemmed from this one. If you care so much to control the conversation, then maybe start with censoring incorrect statements.

and please stop the “He’s on campus hysteria”. Geez…you all are middle aged men…get off their nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Is this not a forum for Bearcat fans to discuss Bearcat stuff? Who cares what thread it’s under…the discussion stemmed from this one. If you care so much to control the conversation, then maybe start with censoring incorrect statements.

and please stop the “He’s on campus hysteria”. Geez…you all are middle aged men…get off their nuts.
                              Obviously a lot of us care what thread it's under. Lobot spends a lot of time taking care of this site. Instead of your criticism maybe you should be thanking him or maybe there wouldn't be a site at all.
                              By the way, I am beyond middle age, and I still care about Bearcat recruiting.
                              Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 09-24-2022, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Williams pic of Page and James at the game today.

https://twitter.com/williams_justin/...7vsjxLcgilFpFg

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X