Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• longtimefan
    replied
    Not sure I trust predictions from On3. They’ve downplayed UC involvement on every recruit we look at. If they’re right, we were never close to any of these guys, and I don’t think that’s the case.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    on3’s Jamie Shaw has now projected Page to USC…

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    I was away on vacation... I was able to watch the UC Game down in Gatlinburg... That was the type of game we needed with such High Profile Basketball Recruits on campus...

That being said, have we heard any REAL NEWS in regards to Collier, James, Page etc......??

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    I assume the visits are over. Was hoping for good news.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    FWIW, the on3 recruiting prediction thing (which I’m skeptical of) lists Page with a 38% chance of picking UC — up from 24% previously, I believe. UC had the leading percentage before and that has since grown. But the fact IU remains second while USC is believed to be the main competition for UC, again makes me skeptical. But I’ll take it.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Williams pic of Page and James at the game today.

https://twitter.com/williams_justin/...7vsjxLcgilFpFg

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Is this not a forum for Bearcat fans to discuss Bearcat stuff? Who cares what thread it’s under…the discussion stemmed from this one. If you care so much to control the conversation, then maybe start with censoring incorrect statements.

and please stop the “He’s on campus hysteria”. Geez…you all are middle aged men…get off their nuts.
    Obviously a lot of us care what thread it's under. Lobot spends a lot of time taking care of this site. Instead of your criticism maybe you should be thanking him or maybe there wouldn't be a site at all.
    By the way, I am beyond middle age, and I still care about Bearcat recruiting.
    Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 09-24-2022, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcat1518
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Yo, Can we stick to Page here? The previous eras of PGs have no bearing on what we're doing right now with Arrinten Page. He's on campus. Be positive.
    Is this not a forum for Bearcat fans to discuss Bearcat stuff? Who cares what thread it’s under…the discussion stemmed from this one. If you care so much to control the conversation, then maybe start with censoring incorrect statements.

and please stop the “He’s on campus hysteria”. Geez…you all are middle aged men…get off their nuts.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Yo, Can we stick to Page here? The previous eras of PGs have no bearing on what we're doing right now with Arrinten Page. He's on campus. Be positive.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    We really need to put our best foot forward. There is no time for negative comments.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bearcat1518
    replied
    Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I was trying to remember Marko's name, and he would have been... But him and Huggs were not on the same page... LeGree was great and not turning the ball over, and a good distributor, but like you said, could not score....

We also had Rodrick Monroe's team mate, Marcus Moss who Huggs was really high on... But was at school for less than a month, homesick and went back to Texas.
    And Charles Williams was the #1 rated Juco PG…but never lived up to the hype, and then had eligibility issues.

In conclusion, Huggs did not have a hard time landing high quality PGs in the span between NVE and KSatt. He landed them…they just didn’t work out

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Marko Wright was a great PG, just didn’t work out with Huggs. Legree was a great PG, just couldn’t shoot (we were spoiled by Van Exel).

I was trying to remember Marko's name, and he would have been... But him and Huggs were not on the same page... LeGree was great and not turning the ball over, and a good distributor, but like you said, could not score....

We also had Rodrick Monroe's team mate, Marcus Moss who Huggs was really high on... But was at school for less than a month, homesick and went back to Texas.

Leave a comment:

• bearcat1518
    replied
    Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Flint was definitely not starting PG material, he was best suited to play the SG Position and not have to worry about taking the ball up court every time....Back then Huggs had a hard time landing quality PG's until Satterfiled came along... We had a huge dry spell between the Final 4/Elite 8 Teams back then, until Kenny arrived.
    Marko Wright was a great PG, just didn’t work out with Huggs. Legree was a great PG, just couldn’t shoot (we were spoiled by Van Exel).

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post
    Agreed, BearKatz. If we could get Tyler McKinney and/or Burgess for 2024, we would have a better local pipeline than we have had for years.
    Oh man, Damon Flint. I'm showing my age here, but I will never forget how frustrated I would get watching Damon in a square peg/round hold situation, trying to play point. Just not his skill set....

Flint was definitely not starting PG material, he was best suited to play the SG Position and not have to worry about taking the ball up court every time....Back then Huggs had a hard time landing quality PG's until Satterfiled came along... We had a huge dry spell between the Final 4/Elite 8 Teams back then, until Kenny arrived.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X