X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

On paper it would seem like, at best, UC may be able to get Collier or James. But from this ($) article and comments made by Chad B on last night's BCJ podcast, seems within the realm of possibility that James and Collier could both play together (especially if IC were one-and-done and JJ was around longer). Page could be a real key here, as he is visiting at the same time as James and has a chance to build a great relationship with Edgerrin's son.

James has to realize that Collier is one and done... That gives James 3yrs at the starting PG Position.... and he would receive significant playing time his freshman year...

Leave a comment:

• Longtime Lurker
    replied
    Fair point. Given the way that Rayvon is working social media to try to coax Collier here, I am assuming he is still all in.
    from
    On a side note, I hope JD has a great senior season (I'm hopeful he can a crucial secondary sparkplug if he doesn't need to be in a 1A role that he may not be suited for)-and that he gets a lot of support from local fans-fans constantly tearing down the local players isn't a great formula for local recruiting success.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post
    In addition to Rayvon Griffith, who signed so long ago that it seems like ancient news, but brings the hometown hero vibe to what would have to be a top 5 class if they get them all. Trying to not set myself up for the typical heartbreak of the Cincinnati fan.. Good on Coach Wes for straight up going for it though! It's great to be even in the mix for these kinds of kids, and a tribute to the staff that they are getting in on these guys early before they blow up into top 10 prospects.
    This is a bit nitpicky and technical on my part, but Rayvon has only verballed. The early signing period is this coming November. In the end, though, I highly doubt that Griffith will change his mind in the meantime.

Leave a comment:

• Longtime Lurker
    replied
    Agreed, BearKatz. If we could get Tyler McKinney and/or Burgess for 2024, we would have a better local pipeline than we have had for years.
    Oh man, Damon Flint. I'm showing my age here, but I will never forget how frustrated I would get watching Damon in a square peg/round hold situation, trying to play point. Just not his skill set....

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Would be a banner year for 2023 if we can land both of these recruits along with Collier!
    On paper it would seem like, at best, UC may be able to get Collier or James. But from this ($) article and comments made by Chad B on last night's BCJ podcast, seems within the realm of possibility that James and Collier could both play together (especially if IC were one-and-done and JJ was around longer). Page could be a real key here, as he is visiting at the same time as James and has a chance to build a great relationship with Edgerrin's son.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post
    In addition to Rayvon Griffith, who signed so long ago that it seems like ancient news, but brings the hometown hero vibe to what would have to be a top 5 class if they get them all. Trying to not set myself up for the typical heartbreak of the Cincinnati fan.. Good on Coach Wes for straight up going for it though! It's great to be even in the mix for these kinds of kids, and a tribute to the staff that they are getting in on these guys early before they blow up into top 10 prospects.

Last time we had a local that high, was Cumberland, and before that was Yancy Gates I believe... Then you gotta go back to Damon Flint from the Huggins era...

Leave a comment:

• Longtime Lurker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    From Justin Williams ($):
    #Bearcats MBB will host a pair of 4-star official visitors on campus this weekend in forward Arrinten Page and point guard Jizzle James. I talked to coaches of each prospect about their game, recruitment, and thoughts on Cincinnati. https://theathletic.com/3615819/2022...shared_article

Would be a banner year for 2023 if we can land both of these recruits along with Collier!

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    From Justin Williams ($):
    #Bearcats MBB will host a pair of 4-star official visitors on campus this weekend in forward Arrinten Page and point guard Jizzle James. I talked to coaches of each prospect about their game, recruitment, and thoughts on Cincinnati. https://theathletic.com/3615819/2022...shared_article

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Wes Miller will be at Wheeler HS all day tomorrow, per Chad B on BCJ night cap video (I am sure he’s elaborated more on the message board).

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Big day tomorrow
    Why tomorrow?

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Big day tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I don't believe either Collier or Page have any more visits planned.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    On last night's BBP (Bearcat Journal) podcast, Chad reiterated that this is likely between UC and USC -- same with Collier. Sounds like there could be a USC visit after this weekend's UC visit but not confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Justin Williams: A pair of 2023 4-star prospects in Arrinten Page (@arrintenp22) & Jizzle James (@thejizzlejames) are expected to be on campus for visits the weekend of Sept. 24, including for UC’s football game vs Indiana.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X