No announcement yet.

2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would be cut, Prime Time style, if Phillips picks UC.
    Ody?
    Newmann?
    Sage?
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Who us old enough to remember us "cutting" Aaron McGhee for dermar Johnson? Let's just concentrate on the players that are here instead of fantasy booking with kids lives

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.kenneth noisewater View Post
        Who us old enough to remember us "cutting" Aaron McGhee for dermar Johnson? Let's just concentrate on the players that are here instead of fantasy booking with kids lives
        I am old enough, although at the time I was still green enough to not wonder too much about this. But encouraging kids to go somewhere else can be a win win situation, like it might have been in this case. My point is that in athletics, like life, the right move might be to move on. But I sure hope that a coach that is truly concerned about his players is the person who is doing the encouragement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.kenneth noisewater View Post
          Who us old enough to remember us "cutting" Aaron McGhee for dermar Johnson? Let's just concentrate on the players that are here instead of fantasy booking with kids lives
          and he had a pretty good career - top 100 recruit

Comment

• If we are talking about past players, I believe that his name was Michael Joyner from Hollywood, Florida. He was a freshman when Huggs arrived. The next year, he transferred. He used to hang out with Keith Starks. It was rumored that he could take a dollar bill off of the top of the backboard. What ever became of him?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              If we are talking about past players, I believe that his name was Michael Joyner from Hollywood, Florida. He was a freshman when Huggs arrived. The next year, he transferred. He used to hang out with Keith Starks. It was rumored that he could take a dollar bill off of the top of the backboard. What ever became of him?
              This sounds like a Where Are they Now thread. I've researched this once and need to do it again. Joiner was not tall enough to that get that off the board like that . I think that story was associated with Curtis Bostic and he could do it.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                If we are talking about past players, I believe that his name was Michael Joyner from Hollywood, Florida. He was a freshman when Huggs arrived. The next year, he transferred. He used to hang out with Keith Starks. It was rumored that he could take a dollar bill off of the top of the backboard. What ever became of him?
                I think that's an urban legend type thing cause a few years later it was Bostic and a quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                  Who would be cut, Prime Time style, if Phillips picks UC.
                  Ody?
                  Newmann?
                  Sage?
                  I don't think it's very useful or a particularly good idea to speculate about "who would be cut, Prime Time style" if Phillips (or any other transfer) picks UC.

Comment

• Originally posted by bfcain1 View Post

I don't think it's very useful or a particularly good idea to speculate about "who would be cut, Prime Time style" if Phillips (or any other transfer) picks UC.
                    It is a distasteful process and I really like where our roster sits today. It is not helpful to make such speculation; however, my question is intended to be derogatory to the process and the fact that Wes would entertain such an idea at this late stage for the guy cut to find a new home.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• 8 schools with sneaky-great college basketball transfer portal hauls

https://247sports.com/longformarticl...of--210899967/

The transfers: Aziz Bandaogo, CJ Fredrick, Simas Lukosius and Jamille Reynolds.

Transfer portal team rank: 20

Bossi’s take: The class that Wes Miller and his staff at Cincinnati has landed has big potential but there are also some potential roadblocks. Bandaogo gives them a big athlete who can run the floor, protect the rim and finish lobs while Reynolds gives them another legitimate big who can help on the glass and provide some scoring as they make the move to the Big 12. However, both Bandaogo and Reynolds are transferring for a second time and whether or not they’ll be eligible next season will be dependent upon their ability to get waivers. Not getting those would be quite problematic. As a grad transfer, Fredrick won’t need a waiver. And if he can shoot anything like he did at Iowa — where he made 46.6% of his threes in two seasons — in a return to his hometown, then he will be extremely valuable to the Bearcats. Lukosius is a big and strong wing and another who will be counted on to help stretch the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post
                        Duke had a 6 9 forward from Standord transfer in today (he barely played at Stanford) and there may be some reported interest in Kansas transfer Ernest Udeh (was teammate of one of their incoming recruits). Duke does not have anyone outgoing in the transfer portal that I can see.
                        Udeh will be staying in the Big 12 .... TCU

Comment

• @JonRothstein -- Source: Julian Phillips is staying in the 2023 NBA Draft.

Comment

• In case anyone is wondering, Paul McMillan IV is headed to Central Michigan -- we'll see how long he sticks around
                            https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...n/70331015007/

Comment

• West Virginia's Kerr Kriisa to enter portal after Huggins' exit

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...l-huggins-exit

"Schools such as Memphis, Cincinnati and Nebraska were heavily involved in Kriisa's recruitment before he committed to West Virginia in April and are expected to be prominent options if he indeed elects to leave the school."

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                                West Virginia's Kerr Kriisa to enter portal after Huggins' exit

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...l-huggins-exit

"Schools such as Memphis, Cincinnati and Nebraska were heavily involved in Kriisa's recruitment before he committed to West Virginia in April and are expected to be prominent options if he indeed elects to leave the school."
                                I was surprised to see Cincinnati on the list of "prominent options", at this point I don't believe we have a scholarship to offer him. Would we have to ask someone to leave the program?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X