2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

That Rothstein post is from 2021. Some account out there retweeting stuff from years ago.
    Dang retweets, can't tell timeline. I'd be okay if he returned as a walk-on. Oh well. Bigger fish to fry
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• I don't know if it's just me, but I feel X continues to out recruit us through High School or Transfer Portal...

We land one or two quality players a year.. and they reload consistently with ease...

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
        I don't know if it's just me, but I feel X continues to out recruit us through High School or Transfer Portal...

We land one or two quality players a year.. and they reload consistently with ease...
        At the end of the day, it's what you do with that talent. Cronin put together some good teams by largely getting the most out of some not highly rated guys. Sean Miller was very successful at X the first go around with under-the-radar guys... Xavier has had some good recruiting classes of late and a lot of their top recruits ended up being busts/transferring out / we know what the Steele teams did (or didn't do) ... not totally fair to compare portal recruiting because this year X is having to add a ton of new guys, whereas UC only a couple spots.

The most important thing is to beat out them for the priority guys they are both pursuing, such as Rayvon Griffith and hopefully Tyler McKinley in 2024. But really it's about the coaching/development/actual results.

But I do totally get your point. Hopefully if Wes gets the UC train rolling soon, UC can be more of a force/destination program again.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

At the end of the day, it's what you do with that talent. Cronin put together some good teams by largely getting the most out of some not highly rated guys. Sean Miller was very successful at X the first go around with under-the-radar guys... Xavier has had some good recruiting classes of late and a lot of their top recruits ended up being busts/transferring out / we know what the Steele teams did (or didn't do) ... not totally fair to compare portal recruiting because this year X is having to add a ton of new guys, whereas UC only a couple spots.

The most important thing is to beat out them for the priority guys they are both pursuing, such as Rayvon Griffith and hopefully Tyler McKinley in 2024. But really it's about the coaching/development/actual results.

But I do totally get your point. Hopefully if Wes gets the UC train rolling soon, UC can be more of a force/destination program again.
          if the B12 grabs a couple of BE teams, and fox then lowballs the BE tv contract, and its visibility, that may also help to solve our egs-saviour "issue"

Comment

I agree with what you're saying... We did beat them out on Grffith, we lost out on Green and others we targeted... But this is kinda my point, as far as targets go.. We seem to lose more to X than commitments we win.. Mick did a great job with the talent he landed... The majority were 3 & 4 Star Recruits...

I believe this Team will be much more competitive this year. Even though we have younger players, I feel the talent on the floor for 2023/24 will shine!

Comment

• "As Hofstra's Aaron Estrada trends towards Alabama (there is now a Crystal Ball pick on 247 in addition to the "expert" prediction on On3), perhaps all eyes on Butler's Simas Lukosius."

Is there any kind of timeline or "favorites" listing for this this young man?
              Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-19-2023, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                "As Hofstra's Aaron Estrada trends towards Alabama (there is now a Crystal Ball pick on 247 in addition to the "expert" prediction on On3), perhaps all eyes on Butler's Simas Lukosius."

Is there any kind of timeline or "favorites" listing for this this young man?

Estrada is planning to announce April 29, per his Twitter last week or so

Lukosius -- no idea (assuming that's actually who you are asking about). I haven't seen much on him at all. A lot of portal kids are regularly talking with the recruiting "experts" and other media members like Jon Rothstein and Jeff Goodman. I don't recall seeing anything from Lukosius since he hit the portal -- including nothing about him visiting BYU or UC (just heard that on a podcast).

Comment

Estrada is planning to announce April 29, per his Twitter last week or so

Lukosius -- no idea (assuming that's actually who you are asking about). I haven't seen much on him at all. A lot of portal kids are regularly talking with the recruiting "experts" and other media members like Jon Rothstein and Jeff Goodman. I don't recall seeing anything from Lukosius since he hit the portal -- including nothing about him visiting BYU or UC (just heard that on a podcast).
                  Per Chad Brendel, Lukosius was at BYU earlier this week and is scheduled to come into Cincinnati Thursday night for a full-day visit on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Per Chad Brendel, Lukosius was at BYU earlier this week and is scheduled to come into Cincinnati Thursday night for a full-day visit on Friday.

Lukosius , before he leaves Friday we need a commitment outta him... This TEAM could definitely use his 12pts a game this coming season...

Comment

• Hopefully having big Vik on the roster already will give us a leg up on "Luke". Let's snag his commitment asap and begin making a splash in the B12!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                        Hopefully having big Vik on the roster already will give us a leg up on "Luke". Let's snag his commitment asap and begin making a splash in the B12!
                        Hopefully, they can get together, as Lithuanians and Russians often are at odds.

Comment

• Chad Brendel: “Butler transfer forward Simas Lukosius will arrive in Cincinnati tomorrow to begin his official visit. Lukosius has already completed trips to Oklahoma State and BYU with the #Bearcats believed to be his final official visit destination.”

More often than not, when a recruit officially visits a school and leaves campus without committing—particularly on a compressed timeline—they end up elsewhere. So let’s hope he makes it to campus and then the UC staff can seal the deal like they did with Reynolds.

Comment

• Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Via Jeff Goodman (https://watchstadium.com/every-playe...al-04-19-2023/), here are some incoming Big 12 transfers next year as of this morning:

Jayden Nunn, 6-4, 190, G, Soph., VCU (9.3 ppg) – BAYLOR

Aly Khalifa, 6-11, 230, F/C, RS Soph., Charlotte (11.7 ppg, 6.3 rpg) – BYU

Jamille Reynolds, 6-11, 280, F, Soph., Temple (10.1 ppg, 5.4 rpg) – CINCINNATI

LJ Cryer, 6-1, 190, G, Jr., Baylor (15.0 ppg, 42% from 3) – HOUSTON
                              Damian Dunn, 6-5, 200, G, RS Soph., Temple (15.3 ppg) – HOUSTON

Keshon Gilbert, 6-4, 190, G, Soph., UNLV (11.4 ppg, 1.7 spg) – IOWA STATE
                              Curtis Jones, 6-5, 180, G, Soph., Buffalo (15.0 ppg) – IOWA STATE
                              Jackson Paveletzke, 6-3, 175, G, Fr., Wofford (15.1 ppg, 39% from 3) – IOWA STATE

Nicolas Timberlake, 6-4, 205, G, Gr., Towson (17.7 ppg, 41.6% from 3) – KANSAS

Javian McCollum, 6-2, 155, G, Soph., Siena (15.9 ppg) – OKLAHOMA

Essam Mostafa, 6-9, 250, C, RS Jr., Coastal Carolina (12.4 ppg, 10.0 rpg) – TCU
                              Jameer Nelson Jr., 6-1, 200, G, RS Jr., Delaware (20.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 3.6 apg, 2.4 spg) – TCU
                              Trevian Tennyson, 6-4, 180, G, Grad, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (15.7 ppg) – TCU

KyeRon Lindsay, 6-7, 215, F, Fr., Georgia (6.2 ppg) – TEXAS TECH
                              Darrion Williams, 6-6, 210, F, Fr., Nevada (7.7 ppg, 7.3 rpg) – TEXAS TECH

Jesse Edwards, 6-11-, 230, C, Sr., Syracuse (14.5 ppg, 10.3 rpg) – WEST VIRGINIA
                              Kerr Kriisa, 6-3, 190, G, Jr., Arizona (9.9 ppg, 5.1 apg) – WEST VIRGINIA
                              Jose Perez, 6-5, 220, G, Sr., Manhattan (DNP) – WEST VIRGINIA
                              Omar Silverio, 6-3, 200, G, Sr., Manhattan (DNP) – WEST VIRGINIA

Comment

• Tony Pike reporting that Jarrett Hensley has entered the portal.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X