Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
    Any word on Bandaogo?
    Yes Duke is said to be very interested and they just had someone transfer out today.

Comment

• That's worrisome. If Duke wants a player it's almost certain they will get them. NIL, legacy, conference, history, and overall resume trumps just about everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
        That's worrisome. If Duke wants a player it's almost certain they will get them. NIL, legacy, conference, history, and overall resume trumps just about everyone else.
        I would think playing time would enter into it.

Comment

I would think playing time would enter into it.
          well you would think but NIL is important and he would get that and some pt at Duke. What I read he would be important for them off the bench. Here's hoping UC makes tyhe move for him

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Yes Duke is said to be very interested and they just had someone transfer out today.
            Duke has not had anyone transfer

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Jaykwon Walton who was transferring from Wichita St to Alabama was arrested and won’t be playing at Alabama

https://twitter.com/journoryan/statu...A2NHZ_hNyS2mFg
              Now headed to UCF

Comment

• Duke had a 6 9 forward from Standord transfer in today (he barely played at Stanford) and there may be some reported interest in Kansas transfer Ernest Udeh (was teammate of one of their incoming recruits). Duke does not have anyone outgoing in the transfer portal that I can see.

Comment

Duke has not had anyone transfer
                  you are right I misread NC. To all on the Board. I am sorry.

Comment

Any word on Bandaogo?
                    https://247sports.com/longformarticl...64492/#2167050

Favorite potential destination: Cincinnati

Aziz Bandaogo would be a monster addition for a Cincinnati squad that quietly could do some real damage next season. Bandaogo would instantly become the best defensive big man on Wes Miller’s roster. He was one of the best shot-blockers in the country last season, and he impacts even more shots with strong vertical contests. Bandaogo would add a vertical threat to the Bearcats' offense which is desperately needed. If you throw it remotely around the backboard, Bandaogo is flushing it effortlessly.

Comment

https://247sports.com/longformarticl...64492/#2167050

Favorite potential destination: Cincinnati

Aziz Bandaogo would be a monster addition for a Cincinnati squad that quietly could do some real damage next season. Bandaogo would instantly become the best defensive big man on Wes Miller’s roster. He was one of the best shot-blockers in the country last season, and he impacts even more shots with strong vertical contests. Bandaogo would add a vertical threat to the Bearcats' offense which is desperately needed. If you throw it remotely around the backboard, Bandaogo is flushing it effortlessly.
                      boy do I want him and to shut down the new big at Kansas.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

boy do I want him and to shut down the new big at Kansas.
                        Aziz B seems like a good get. But it would be an interesting roster with Aziz, Vik, Ody, Jamille Reynolds and also Sage. I guess Mick Cronin would say they have a great "Airport Team" due to their size. Still would like another guard to fill in for MAW but wouldn't want anyone else to depart, unless -- say -- Newman couldn't get a waiver or stay healthy.

Comment

Aziz B seems like a good get. But it would be an interesting roster with Aziz, Vik, Ody, Jamille Reynolds and also Sage. I guess Mick Cronin would say they have a great "Airport Team" due to their size. Still would like another guard to fill in for MAW but wouldn't want anyone else to depart, unless -- say -- Newman couldn't get a waiver or stay healthy.
                          Agreed with above-I'm also worried about the 2 time transfer issue too for Frederick/Reynolds. One way for the NCAA to (ha!) try to get control of the insanity that the transfer portal/NIL has become would be to go back to enforcing the one time "no penalty" transfer rule-would be typical Bearcat luck for them to do it this year when we really need these guys, but the portal is also out of control right now.

As far as Duke goes, they still have at least one guard pondering the draft but possible to come back so they have at least one scholly left to offer-I hope they go after Udeh and we get Aziz (but the same transfer concern applies to him-maybe he and Reynolds could get a waiver due to coaching change?)

Comment

I do have thoughts about Newman, but his d is needed-- The cats need the first 4 for the rugged BIG12

Comment

• Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post

Agreed with above-I'm also worried about the 2 time transfer issue too for Frederick/Reynolds. One way for the NCAA to (ha!) try to get control of the insanity that the transfer portal/NIL has become would be to go back to enforcing the one time "no penalty" transfer rule-would be typical Bearcat luck for them to do it this year when we really need these guys, but the portal is also out of control right now.

As far as Duke goes, they still have at least one guard pondering the draft but possible to come back so they have at least one scholly left to offer-I hope they go after Udeh and we get Aziz (but the same transfer concern applies to him-maybe he and Reynolds could get a waiver due to coaching change?)
                              The 2 time transfer rule is not an issue for Fredrick, he is a grad transfer. It could be an issue for both Reynolds and Aziz though, perhaps Wes is playing the odds and hoping at least one of them gets through.

Comment

• UC one of 30 (!) schools listed here for those who contacted North Dakota State's Grant Nelson. The 7 footer averaged 17.9 and 9.3 rebounds per game last year as a junior. Note he's participating in the NBA combine so no imminent decisions from him, including whether he is returning to college or not.

https://twitter.com/247HSHoops/statu...69438787518474

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X