2024 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Your place for all things 2024 Transfer Portal, which is heating up today -- including actual news about UC targets/guys listing interest in or from the Bearcats, Big 12 transfers in and out, former recruits/familiar faces hitting the portal, notable big names entering, etc.

Among the first names that caught my eye:

Brandon Garrison, a 6'11 freshman C (and former McDonald's AA) for Oklahoma State, who had 14 points and 4 rebounds in the win at UC; averaged 7.5 and 5.3

Jacob Meyer, a 6'2 freshman G from Coastal Carolina (via Covington, KY - Holy Cross), who averaged 15.7 / 6.1 / 2.6, including 40.2% from 3

Javon Small, a 6'3 junior G from Oklahoma State / previously East Carolina, who averaged 15.1 / 4.7 / 4.1 and is from Indiana; had 19 against UC this year, 23 last year while playing for ECU

Former Bearcat Jarrett Hensley (Southern Illinois) is expected to hit the portal

Kaleb Glenn, a 6'6 freshman wing from Louisville (the school and the city), who averaged 3.9 and 3.6 in 15 mins per game this year; former 4-star recruit
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-18-2024, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      Among the first names that caught my eye:

Brandon Garrison, a 6'11 freshman C (and former McDonald's AA) for Oklahoma State, who had 14 points and 4 rebounds in the win at UC; averaged 7.5 and 5.3

Jacob Meyer, a 6'2 freshman G from Coastal Carolina (via Covington, KY - Holy Cross), who averaged 15.7 / 6.1 / 2.6, including 40.2% from 3

Javon Small, a 6'3 junior G from Oklahoma State / previously East Carolina, who averaged 15.1 / 4.7 / 4.1 and is from Indiana; had 19 against UC this year, 23 last year while playing for ECU

Former Bearcat Jarrett Hensley (Southern Illinois) is expected to hit the portal

Kaleb Glenn, a 6'6 freshman wing from Louisville (the school and the city), who averaged 3.9 and 3.6 in 15 mins per game this year; former 4-star recruit
      Glenn is a guy we were interested in once upon a time in the class of 2023.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

i hate to ask, but any rumors about any of the cats leaving? i hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
          i hate to ask, but any rumors about any of the cats leaving? i hope not.
          I have not heard any rumors, but here are a few thoughts/questions that many Bearcats fans would have:

- It is reasonable to suggest CJ Fredrick is not a lock to come back, as he has been in college six years and has battled injuries.
          - Sage Tolentino has played 17 minutes in two seasons, so it would not be a shocker if he played elsewhere next year.
          - It is fair to wonder about the Aziz Bandaogo/Jamille Reynolds/Viktor Lakhin trio and if anyone would seek a bigger role elsewhere.

This all may be best discussed in the 2024/2025 roster thread https://vb.bearcatnews.com/forum/bas...24-2025-roster

Comment

@lukechaney247: IUPUI transfer guard Jlynn Counter (@CounterJlynn) tells me that the follow schools have reached out to him: Cal State Fullerton Illinois State UNC Wilmington Niagara George Washington Cincinnati UNLV Counter, who has one season of eligibility remaining, averaged 14.3 points per game on 44.9% FG.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../jlynn-counter
            https://iupuijags.com/sports/mens-ba...n-counter/7617

Comment

@lukechaney247: IUPUI transfer guard Jlynn Counter (@CounterJlynn) tells me that the follow schools have reached out to him: Cal State Fullerton Illinois State UNC Wilmington Niagara George Washington Cincinnati UNLV Counter, who has one season of eligibility remaining, averaged 14.3 points per game on 44.9% FG.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../jlynn-counter
              https://iupuijags.com/sports/mens-ba...n-counter/7617
              I'll pass. He's a bricklayer from outside (26.6%) and turned it over more than he assisted. He played on an IUPUI team that finished third last nationally in KenPom.

There have to be better fish in the sea.

Comment

I have not heard any rumors, but here are a few thoughts/questions that many Bearcats fans would have:

- It is reasonable to suggest CJ Fredrick is not a lock to come back, as he has been in college six years and has battled injuries.
                - Sage Tolentino has played 17 minutes in two seasons, so it would not be a shocker if he played elsewhere next year.
                - It is fair to wonder about the Aziz Bandaogo/Jamille Reynolds/Viktor Lakhin trio and if anyone would seek a bigger role elsewhere.

This all may be best discussed in the 2024/2025 roster thread https://vb.bearcatnews.com/forum/bas...24-2025-roster
                I have good information that Aziz and Jamille will be back next year. I have not heard anything on Viktor Lakhin but I expect him to stay. I have not heard anything on Jizzle James but I expect him to stay.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I have good information that Aziz and Jamille will be back next year. I have not heard anything on Viktor Lakhin but I expect him to stay. I have not heard anything on Jizzle James but I expect him to stay.
                  This would be...great!

Comment

Alabama and Missouri have already received transfer commitments today. That did not take long...

Comment

Alabama and Missouri have already received transfer commitments today. That did not take long...
                      It doesn't matter what rules are put in place. Neither the NCAA nor any other organization could possibly police tampering, which is likely to have occurred in these two situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I hope JJ stays. This kid could be something special if he continues to develope. And then I would like to see someone come in who is specific in teaching the #5 position.

Comment

Something to consider with Jizzle is he probably doesn't really need NIL money. This has always been a coach to player relationship with Wes.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I just don’t know where NIL is headed. Imagine MLB, NBA, NFL with every player an unrestricted free agent every year. That’s where we are with college athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                              I just don’t know where NIL is headed. Imagine MLB, NBA, NFL with every player an unrestricted free agent every year. That’s where we are with college athletics.
                              college contracts

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X