2024 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

#4 - and biggest hit yet: Abou Ousmane (6.7 and 6.4, had a double double in the Crosstown Shootout)
    #5 - @DraftExpress -- NEWS: Xavier's Gytis Nemeiksa will enter the transfer portal, he told ESPN. The 6'8 Lithuanian forward started 20 games for Xavier, shooting 36% for 3. Has one year of NCAA eligibility remaining.

Also, I'd like to know how eligibility is determined. Simas Lukosius, for example, enrolls at Butler as a freshman, has normal four years of eligibility. This guy showed up at X as a senior from day one (did not transfer in from a U.S. college/university) and now has one more year.

Comment

Connor Hickman the SG rom Bradley is in the portal. He's got one year left.

I would expect him to be someone we look at simply because he's a known quantity to the staff. Drew Adams coached him at Bradley, Drew's brother coached him in AAU. Wes knows Brian Wardle and so does Drew etc. etc. etc. If they think he's a fit for the team and Big XII play I'm sure he'll be contacted if he hasn't already been.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

#5 - @DraftExpress -- NEWS: Xavier's Gytis Nemeiksa will enter the transfer portal, he told ESPN. The 6'8 Lithuanian forward started 20 games for Xavier, shooting 36% for 3. Has one year of NCAA eligibility remaining.

Also, I'd like to know how eligibility is determined. Simas Lukosius, for example, enrolls at Butler as a freshman, has normal four years of eligibility. This guy showed up at X as a senior from day one (did not transfer in from a U.S. college/university) and now has one more year.
        I'd have to guess it's (x) years after graduation from the equivalent of high school.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

And now we wait for UC's portal news.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
            In the Huggins years we were nervous about what would happen in the off season. Now we have to be nervous, for totally different reasons.

Comment

Malik Mack Harvard PG

Go get him CWM He is just a frosh but sees the court from what I have been told by a friend at Princeton.

Last edited by leo from jersey; 03-27-2024, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I've been thinking about this too for the last few days. I hope to see a few guys go and open up a few more scholarships if they don't really have a chance of getting playing time next year.
                If whatever is going on with Vik, CJ and Tolentino isn't fixable, I hope they move on and open the spots for someone else.
                Overall, it's been a decent year with less blowout losses than I expected and hopefully those near misses becomes wins next season.

Comment

Colorado big man Eddie Lampkin (10.6, 7.0) to the portal. He played well in the NCAA Tournament. I believe he came from TCU (with some baggage) and UC looked at him then.

https://x.com/tiptonedits/status/177...A2NHZ_hNyS2mFg

Comment

Stetson guard Jalen Blackmon (21.6 ppg from Indiana) also to the portal. I believe he played well versus UC this fall.

UPDATE: 32 points (5/12 from three 7/7 FT) versus UC on December 22. Shot 38.1% from three on high volume (289 attempts), was 90.7% on FT (146/161). Only 1.9 assists per game, which makes sense... Had 43 in the ASun title game, before being held to 14 (but 8 rebounds, 4 assists) versus UConn in the 1 versus 16 game last Friday.
                    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-27-2024, 11:45 AM.

Comment

UC has expressed interest in Butler's D.J. Davis https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...00829324177435

The 6'1 guard from California transferred in from UC Irvine this year (so he was not teammates with Simas). Averaged 13.5 points, 3.2 rebounds, 2.6 assists. Was Butler's 3rd-leading scorer.

Comment

TCU's third-leading scorer Micah Peavy to the portal https://247sports.com/Article/colleg...tcu-229354378/
                        Recent Big 12 portal entrants include UCF's 4th-leading scorer Marchelus Avery and TCU's 4th-leading scorer JaKobe Coles.

Comment

Recent Big 12 portal entrants include UCF's 4th-leading scorer Marchelus Avery and TCU's 4th-leading scorer JaKobe Coles.
                          Unless they are defensive whiz kids, we don't need anyone's 4th leading scorers.....unless they are Freshman who are highly rated.

Comment

Unless they are defensive whiz kids, we don't need anyone's 4th leading scorers.....unless they are Freshman who are highly rated.
                            I was sharing because they play in UC's conference, not because they are guys UC will or should target. Though Landers Nolley was a pretty good 4th-leading scorer for Memphis in 2022, and Aziz Bandago was a pretty solid 4th-leading scorer for Utah Valley in 2023.

Comment

With Avery it's the opposite. He was UCF's best offensive player but didn't get many minutes because of his defense.

Comment

#6 Reid Ducharme also portaling for X. He only played in a few games and minor minutes, but he also was a 4-star recruit last year.

Add in Logan Duncomb who transferred from Indiana to Xavier (via Moeller HS) last spring but stepped away from basketball.

There seems to be a plan though, as senior guard Marcus Foster of Furman (17.0 and 7.5) just committed to Sean Miller and co.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X