No announcement yet.

2024 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure he fits now with the Connor Hickman signing, but Brea would be an outstanding “get” for the Bearcats. Anyone know if there is any interest either way?
    https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...EHOCA6YYQXBLY/

Comment

• Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post
      Not sure he fits now with the Connor Hickman signing, but Brea would be an outstanding “get” for the Bearcats. Anyone know if there is any interest either way?
      https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...EHOCA6YYQXBLY/
      Saw a list of schools that had reached out to him already, and UC was not one of them -- for what it is worth. Kid is from NY. Watch him go to St. John's or UConn.

Comment

• Staff writer for the Hoosier 247sports.com site expressed that he believes IU will land Oumar Ballo, the former AZ center. Ballo canceled a visit to UofL, but still may travel to AR.

The staff over there are very level-headed, but I can't say the same for their patrons. Some are in shock that Hickman passed them over for the Bearcats. Mike Woodson is now targeting Ryan Conwell.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
          Staff writer for the Hoosier 247sports.com site expressed that he believes IU will land Oumar Ballo, the former AZ center. Ballo canceled a visit to UofL, but still may travel to AR.

The staff over there are very level-headed, but I can't say the same for their patrons. Some are in shock that Hickman passed them over for the Bearcats. Mike Woodson is now targeting Ryan Conwell.
          Ballo just made it official to IU

Comment

• Seems like Kansas will likely get Rylen Griffin, a sophomore who averaged 11+ ppg for Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              UC has also reached out to Selton Miguel of USF, who I believe UC contacted a couple years when when he portaled the first time. The guard averaged almost 15 points this season. https://x.com/tobias_bass/status/177...A2NHZ_hNyS2mFg
              Maryland Terrapins

Comment

• The blinking Bearcat is out. Page?
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Oklahoma big John Hughley to the portal
                  X -- see you in the Crosstown Shootout

Comment

• With Page in the fold and Betsy/McKinley, do we go big or small with the last Portal transfer, or best uncommitted incoming freshman? With guard Jizzle, DayDay, Simas, CJ, and incoming Connor Hickman, I'm thinking we need a big 6' 10" or taller with long arms. There seems to be a logjam at SF/PF too.
                    Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 04-17-2024, 07:44 AM.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Viktor Lakhin to Clemson -- hope he crushes it
                      https://www.on3.com/college/clemson-...ts-to-clemson/

Comment

Viktor Lakhin to Clemson -- hope he crushes it
                        https://www.on3.com/college/clemson-...ts-to-clemson/
                        or cashes it?

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                          With Page in the fold and Betsy/McKinley, do we go big or small with the last Portal transfer, or best uncommitted incoming freshman? With guard Jizzle, DayDay, Simas, CJ, and incoming Connor Hickman, I'm thinking we need a big 6' 10" or taller with long arms. There seems to be a logjam at SF/PF too.
                          Last night, Chad Brendel mentioned that, after the Hickman and Page commitments, the staff are weighing their options for the remaining open slot. He expects that there will be no further announcements this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Last night, Chad Brendel mentioned that, after the Hickman and Page commitments, the staff are weighing their options for the remaining open slot. He expects that there will be no further announcements this week.
                            I guess there is no reason to rush right now unless the perfect player for the staff is available and someone they can get.

At this point, seems like 12 of the 13 spaces are accounted for (assuming CJF returns), though last year at this time Mika Adams-Woods was slated to return then things changed. Also, in this new era, you are probably not limited 13 scholarships per se (with NIL money money covering someone not officially on scholarship) but I don't love the idea of carrying an extra player like that -- hard enough to keep 13 guys happy with playing time; now try 14.

Comment

I guess there is no reason to rush right now unless the perfect player for the staff is available and someone they can get.

At this point, seems like 12 of the 13 spaces are accounted for (assuming CJF returns), though last year at this time Mika Adams-Woods was slated to return then things changed. Also, in this new era, you are probably not limited 13 scholarships per se (with NIL money money covering someone not officially on scholarship) but I don't love the idea of carrying an extra player like that -- hard enough to keep 13 guys happy with playing time; now try 14.
                              i',m not a fan of BCJ, but, yesterday, Brendel was on with egger, and he mentioned that there are still quite a few guys who haven't entered the portal YET - apparently, the way NIL is set up, a lot of these guys are still owed money for 23 - 24, and they're waiting to get that check, before going portaling. point being, that they may be waiting for one / some of these guys to enter.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

i',m not a fan of BCJ, but, yesterday, Brendel was on with egger, and he mentioned that there are still quite a few guys who haven't entered the portal YET - apparently, the way NIL is set up, a lot of these guys are still owed money for 23 - 24, and they're waiting to get that check, before going portaling. point being, that they may be waiting for one / some of these guys to enter.
                                From Jeff Goodman yesterday https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...23942449684559

"I would expect some big names to hit the portal soon. Some guys are waiting for their final NIL checks before they hit the portal."

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X