No announcement yet.

2024 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakeel Moore -- a 6 '1 G from Greensboro, NC -- is portaling with one year of eligibility.

One year at NC State, three at Mississippi State. Career 8.4 points, 2.7 rebounds, 2.0 assists -- most recently 7.9 / 2.2 / 1.8 and a career best 36.3% three point shooting (not particularly high volume) this year.

Comment

• Dug McDaniel to Kansas State. He averaged 16.3 points, 4.7 assists and 3.7 this year as a sophomore at Michigan (including a peculiar road game only suspension during Big Ten play).

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Dug McDaniel to Kansas State. He averaged 16.3 points, 4.7 assists and 3.7 this year as a sophomore at Michigan (including a peculiar road game only suspension during Big Ten play).
        I saw him at MSG earlier this season. Big time playmaker. He had 26, 7, and 6 against St. John's. We'll see if his academic issues are fully behind him come next season.

Comment

• Damian Dunn in the portal.

Was very good at Temple over a few years, did not translate to Houston where his numbers were down across the board but still averaged over 6 points in 17.5 minutes.

Jamille's former teammate is a North Carolina native, and the 6'5 grad student should have one more COVID year left.

Comment

Damian Dunn in the portal.

Was very good at Temple over a few years, did not translate to Houston where his numbers were down across the board but still averaged over 6 points in 17.5 minutes.

Jamille's former teammate is a North Carolina native, and the 6'5 grad student should have one more COVID year left.
            Dunn has always been an inefficient scorer and a poor defender. He was good at posting up smaller guards, so he had some great games against us and DDJ. I'm honestly not sure what Sampson envisioned for his role at Houston.

Comment

• Ohio State sophomore Roddy Gayle Jr. (6'4 / Niagara Falls, NY / 13.5 - 4.6 - 3.1) portaling.

Comment

• As noted in the "Outgoing Portal" thread, Reynolds has joined Lakhin in the portal.

UC will obviously need to bring in some size, regardless of where Tolentino may stand.

Comment

• Yohan Traore is in the portal 6’11 C that’s a former UC target . 5 star that started at Auburn and is currently at UC Santa Barbara.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

As noted in the "Outgoing Portal" thread, Reynolds has joined Lakhin in the portal.

UC will obviously need to bring in some size, regardless of where Tolentino may stand.
                    If Tolentino stays I don't think we need to add size. I wouldn't be opposed to a veteran PF to help ease the Tyler's in, but Reed and Simas can also play the 4. Aziz/Tolentino should be able to take all the minutes at center. This is assuming the Sage is ready for 10-15 minutes, but if he stays I assume Wes believes he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by zykarious View Post

If Tolentino stays I don't think we need to add size. I wouldn't be opposed to a veteran PF to help ease the Tyler's in, but Reed and Simas can also play the 4. Aziz/Tolentino should be able to take all the minutes at center. This is assuming the Sage is ready for 10-15 minutes, but if he stays I assume Wes believes he is.
                      I think you take the best players you can find. I've spent a lot of time recently arguing in favor of playing more mobile wings, but that's just to show that we can win with different types of rosters. If we can find a good big, especially one who can defend multiple positions, we should take him. But we shouldn't panic and settle for another slow big guy if it means turning down a better wing or guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
                        I think you take the best players you can find. I've spent a lot of time recently arguing in favor of playing more mobile wings, but that's just to show that we can win with different types of rosters. If we can find a good big, especially one who can defend multiple positions, we should take him. But we shouldn't panic and settle for another slow big guy if it means turning down a better wing or guard.
                        specifically a floor leader.

Comment

• Jamille Reynolds to USF

UCF Temple UC USF. Guy loves the AAC!

Nice post from Jamille, who is transferring close to home https://x.com/jamillerey4/status/177...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg
                          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-03-2024, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Jamille Reynolds to USF

UCF Temple UC USF. Guy loves the AAC!

Nice post from Jamille, who is transferring close to home https://x.com/jamillerey4/status/177...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg
                            I'm sure he had it lined up before hitting the portal. Smart in the new age of portalling.

Comment

• Originally posted by zykarious View Post

not to be mean, but i think that sage would just get pushed around like a rag doll in the B12 - they need someone to fill the role that (I think ) reynolds did this year - the physical, interior presence

Comment

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
                                I agree, but a true center is probably off the table simply because of lack of minutes unless Sage leaves. Aziz has 25-30 minutes locked down as the starter. Sage will get most of the rest of them assuming he's staying, if not we'd be looking for a younger player looking for a chance to develop and prove himself - similar to Sage, but hopefully with more game experience.

What we could use and I imagine we will target is a bigger PF who can play center in a pinch. It gives security in case Sage doesn't work out or Aziz gets injured or into foul trouble. While also being able to give the guy some PF minutes.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X