Game 30: Houston 3/1 9:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fox19bearcatbounce View Post

There isnt much of a counter offer is why? No disrespect to you red dog but this is a forum where we talk about present bearcat basketball and this is the Cincinnati at houston game thread. I myself am guilty of knit picking, but I will also give credit where credit is do. However we differ in I dont see a positive where u see a positive and that's completely fine. I might agree with u or anyone else one time and totally disagree another and thats fine because it's a forum. U might look at the team like leftovers and feel bad for the coach and any positive things u see u comment on because thatd how u see it. Then there are some of us who see a team that played hard but were tired of the embarrassment. I think if there were really any positive gains in last couple months it would deter some negative comments but that's why we all have fun posting on the present game forum. Some people see glass half full and some see glass half empty and then some see no wrong at all and are willing to give a pass because of the last second roster addition. They played better today no doubt but the same things are killing them game in and game out and I speak for myself when I see nothing at all being done to make theses guys better. If anyone got false hope after the first 5 games, myself included it was ok because it was the cats playing well and maybe we all agree they would be fringe tournament team by end of year, but I think we all agree that we have better talent than to be the 7th best team in this league. I want progression and little things like shot selection fixed, boxing out fixed. That's my opinion and I am entitled to have it just as much as your opinion sir that you seen good things and everything will be fine. Not everything is peaches and cream that I can see about this team or even next year and thatd ok, u might see different and that's ok too. But not everyone is capable of watching this insanity and being ok with it. unfortunately what gets old to me is people acting like it's ok that they havent got better and most players have gotten worse. Some people like to give participation trophy and that's fine by me, I am one who calls it like I see it.
    t
    I have to agree that this team is lacking in fundamentals although they played with some grit. Houston is the better team. Hopefully, next year, with some additions. we will see a different team.

Comment

Dear "distinguished member" RedDog, This is a sports forum. Why don't you keep your political opinions to yourself ? I, for one, am not in the least interested in them.

Comment

I tuned in to the game late but was not expecting a win. But as I occasionally checked the running commentary on this forum it was evident that everything was status quo. Same bricks being thrown up, same turn overs, same same JD, yada yada yada. We can criticize all we want but we are not going to change how CWM coaches his team. His ideal , to run efficiently needs at least 9- 10 basketball players and he might, might have two right now it then most. Others on the roster now may be able to develope, to play in this offense maybe not, but he is still going to implement his system. To change now would lose any progress that has occured ( even if we dont see any). We need to be patient while he obtains the other pieces to run this offense as he sees it. I'm willing to give the man a couple years to see the finished product. I also know that its hard to watch sometimes but if you dont like what your see do what I have done and just turn it off. I' m eager to see what his team.looks like two years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
          Man reading all these pathetic posts tonight has been as comical as the SOTU address. What a harsh group of supposed fans. Nit picking every mistake we make isn't a very fair and accurate evaluation. At least wait until the game is over and the sample size is reasonable. Everyones conclusive posts after every play is getting kinda old.
          Tonights effort was the best in a long time. They fought hard against a superior team.
          Wes's intensity was refreshing to see.
          At least DD tried to pass tonight although many of them were not very good and I think he had 6 turnovers.
          Hensley gave great effort as did Neuman.
          Switching defenses worked for a while, dropping Madsen low, occasional zone.
          Refs were definitely pathetic.
          Sos from JD.
          Nice game fro Mikey tonight. Haven't said that much lately.
          The score got out of hand a little late but I thought the guys came to play, particularly in the first half. If they played like this against Temple, So Fla. and numerous others we could have won several more in the past month.
          I agree Red Dod (except for the adding a political comment)
          What I find ironic is how some guys have said "I'm done with this team" weeks ago but yet they are still here. So, what did that mean?
          Also, those same guys criticize CWM for "doing the same thing every game expecting different results" and calling it the definition of insanity. I guess that's true but yet those same guys get on here are posting the same comments virtually every game (even multiple times in the same game). Isn't that just another form of the same insanity.
          I wonder if these same guys are the same ones who constantly criticized Mick and his inability to recruit even though we had 30-win seasons. I know, I know we didn't make a run in the tourney.

Personally, I thought the team had a pretty darn good 1st half. Much better intensity, better shot selection, more presence under the basket, better rebounding ect. The 2nd half that intensity dwindled and it seemed to return back to the old bad habits and the game slipped away.
          For me, I'm a fan through and through. I'm not quitting being a fan and even though I'm disappointed with the reality of the situation we're in, I'm not "giving up on this team"

Comment

Didn't watch to this morning. While VL was yanked for some out of positioning, I noticed he was being coached on the bench. It seemed like the entire crew tried something better. National TV with many not wanting to watch the speech may have helped. Overall , better effort but basic skills are missing. They did better than what I had anticipated. Keep it up. I saw better effort and right now, that is a major plus. Next let's win some games.

Comment

Silver Lining: Bearcats' bench outscored Houston's bench 24-0. You might be wondering how that can lead to an 18-point loss? 40.0 FG%. 29.6 3-PT FG%. 31.3 FT%. Mix in a 41-28 rebounding disadvantage, and there you have it.

Comment

Out rebounded by 14
                Freethrows 5 of 16
                MAW, DDJ, JD combined shooting: 7 of 27

with those numbers, its a miracle they only lost by 18

Comment

Originally posted by John P View Post

What I find ironic is how some guys have said "I'm done with this team" weeks ago but yet they are still here. So, what did that mean?
                  Also, those same guys criticize CWM for "doing the same thing every game expecting different results" and calling it the definition of insanity. I guess that's true but yet those same guys get on here are posting the same comments virtually every game (even multiple times in the same game). Isn't that just another form of the same insanity.
                  I wonder if these same guys are the same ones who constantly criticized Mick and his inability to recruit even though we had 30-win seasons. I know, I know we didn't make a run in the tourney.

Personally, I thought the team had a pretty darn good 1st half. Much better intensity, better shot selection, more presence under the basket, better rebounding ect. The 2nd half that intensity dwindled and it seemed to return back to the old bad habits and the game slipped away.
                  For me, I'm a fan through and through. I'm not quitting being a fan and even though I'm disappointed with the reality of the situation we're in, I'm not "giving up on this team"
                  Again this is a present game forum and these guys are doing the same thing over and over again, thatd why myself and others point it out, pretty easy to understand. I was begging for a win yesterday and agreed they played harder and looked a little better but that was on defense and not on offense so please dont act like they were all of a sudden a complete team last night. Everyone doesn't always think awesome happy thought while watching the game and everyone is perfectly happy with the excrement being performed on the court. Either way it's ok that some are half full guys and some are not. What's even more insane is some posters are so butt burt by another posters forum post. It should not effect anyone this much to see a post they disagree with. Thatd when u come with your opinion and whatever facts u think u have and we can debate and or agree like men. I'm tired of this team hoisting 3 pt shots and dont like the rebounding efforts, this is what my post mainly contain. I absolutely thought cronin was great, even early when losing because I could see we were going to rebound and defend. I again just dont see what hoisting 3 or shots every single possession is going to do when u have proven to not shoot them worth a crap. Hope everything turns out to be marshmallows and rainbows like u see it, I truly hope they win a national championship, that would be my dream. Stop being butt hurt about another man's opinions and post.

Comment

I believe you are the one guilty of your very allegation! This is not a forum for only those that want to tear down our team and program and vent emotionally and repaticiously about individual players. Make your point and move on. Don't get in a lather when someone disagrees or chooses to try to take a more positive angle. We are all theoretically Bearcat fans and some of us try to draw folks back off the ledge and towards a more objective middle where we can all coexist.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox19bearcatbounce View Post
                      Stop being butt hurt about another man's opinions and post.
                      This really does sounds just like you. I rarely completely read your posts, there's nothing new, just copy and paste a previous post would save you some time.
                      How did you know I was talking about you? I didn't put your name up there and neither did Red Dog.

FWIW I have very low expectations for this team this year. We don't have the players on hand to compete nor will me complaining about it change anything. My glass definitely isn't half full here but expectations are in-line with what we have to work with.
                      Is Miller the guy, I dunno, I'll give him a few years to cast judgement.

Some people in this world are chronic complainers and feel a need to share their unhappiness with everyone who they can find who will listen. Generally, this isn't just about one particular event or subject but about everything in life. Anything can trigger it, sports, a shopping trip, an incorrect order from a restaurant, pretty much anything that's not perfect. I find it sad.
                      That's the bad thing about social media, Joe average can become an expert and it gives the whiners a platform to cry on.
                      My approach is, I to try not to be "that guy"

Comment

Originally posted by John P View Post

Lots of people say their done with the team during seasons like this, but they're not done. We all just want to see them progress and get better. There were a lot of the same issues last night, but at least they played really hard. Last year we lost by 40 to them, twice. So last night was definitely a better outcome. It may not seem like it, but this season was a couple of steps up the hill.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                          You gotta wonder why?? McGinnis is not playing...?
                          Maybe I missed a similar reply on this, but got tired of reading through the 5 paragraph posts. I think McGinnis is being held out to preserve a redshirt year. Unlike football, you can't play 1/3 of the games and still claim redshirt.

Comment

I sure hope our standards never get that low that we consider an 18 point loss "progress" over a 40 point loss. I mean.... that's just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Barklee View Post

Maybe I missed a similar reply on this, but got tired of reading through the 5 paragraph posts. I think McGinnis is being held out to preserve a redshirt year. Unlike football, you can't play 1/3 of the games and still claim redshirt.
                              I have not heard this from anyone specifically but I also believe this is the case. He's missed time with an injury before he really got started this season. No sense in throwing out the whole year of eligibility, especially at this point in the season.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                                I sure hope our standards never get that low that we consider an 18 point loss "progress" over a 40 point loss. I mean.... that's just sad.
                                good point, but that is all we got now. I did see some some effort and playing as a team. It is a start
                                Last edited by leo from jersey; 03-02-2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X