No announcement yet.

Game 30: Houston 3/1 9:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Related to McGinnis, what is the thought process on not announcing that he is redshirting (assuming that is what is happening)? Seems it would clear up a lot of confusion and speculation. Would making it a planned medical redshirt affect the NCAA granting it?

Comment

I'm reaching here but if it's medically related they may not be able to say anything due to HIPAA?
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by John P View Post

This really does sounds just like you. I rarely completely read your posts, there's nothing new, just copy and paste a previous post would save you some time.
        How did you know I was talking about you? I didn't put your name up there and neither did Red Dog.

FWIW I have very low expectations for this team this year. We don't have the players on hand to compete nor will me complaining about it change anything. My glass definitely isn't half full here but expectations are in-line with what we have to work with.
        Is Miller the guy, I dunno, I'll give him a few years to cast judgement.

Some people in this world are chronic complainers and feel a need to share their unhappiness with everyone who they can find who will listen. Generally, this isn't just about one particular event or subject but about everything in life. Anything can trigger it, sports, a shopping trip, an incorrect order from a restaurant, pretty much anything that's not perfect. I find it sad.
        That's the bad thing about social media, Joe average can become an expert and it gives the whiners a platform to cry on.
        My approach is, I to try not to be "that guy"
        show some type of progress with this team and the negativity will diminish. I am die hard bearcat, life is great and I post on what I see. When they change then my posts will. Positivity is great, reality is even better. Hopefully they get better next year, because we are all fans we can agree on that. U say some are chronic complainers and maybe so sir, but some of us expect better and are realist. Again if I dont want to read a novel on this forum I will skip over it, but I respect everyone's opinion even if i disagree. If miller and this teams progresses and gets better I will also be the first one to say how good they can be and how much better they are playing. Effort in a bearcat uniform should be expected not celebrated over one gameand being beat by 18 shouldn't be celebrated by anyone, we can agree to disagree.
        Last edited by Fox19bearcatbounce; 03-02-2022, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
          I sure hope our standards never get that low that we consider an 18 point loss "progress" over a 40 point loss. I mean.... that's just sad.
          The point is that last year they quit early in both games, and last night they didn’t. They were simply outmatched talent wise.

If there’s any good news we can go into a normal offseason, where the coach now knows what he has here, and what he’s bringing in so far. We’re now in a much better spot to land some players from the transfer portal if we choose to go that way, and I think we should. The guys returning have a year in the system, and I’d bet that the coach will not be nearly as tolerant as this season. Last year was a mess to clean up, with no time to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barklee View Post

Maybe I missed a similar reply on this, but got tired of reading through the 5 paragraph posts. I think McGinnis is being held out to preserve a redshirt year. Unlike football, you can't play 1/3 of the games and still claim redshirt.

I was thinking the same thing, no need to waste a year of eligibility ... I don't believe it's been announced officially ?

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I was thinking the same thing, no need to waste a year of eligibility ... I don't believe it's been announced officially ?
              I think he would have to get a medical waiver for this year since he actually played a minute or more, hopefully he can if that's the way him and wes go.

Comment

Lets hope this is the case, and not a worst case scenario. I would hate to see a potential sharpshooter slip away. We need all the scorers we can get.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

The point is that last year they quit early in both games, and last night they didn’t. They were simply outmatched talent wise.

If there’s any good news we can go into a normal offseason, where the coach now knows what he has here, and what he’s bringing in so far. We’re now in a much better spot to land some players from the transfer portal if we choose to go that way, and I think we should. The guys returning have a year in the system, and I’d bet that the coach will not be nearly as tolerant as this season. Last year was a mess to clean up, with no time to do it.
                  Right on Longtime! lose by 40 and the team quits vs. lose by 18 and fight to the finish is indeed progress. That's a talent deficiency not a lost team.
                  This team has great chemistry with each other and the coaching staff. That is obvious to recruits and any observer. That is definite progress over last years dysfunction You have to correct the culture and increase the appeal before you can lure more talent. Its a process and this is all part of it. Progress is needed in many areas not just wins. If you can play .500 ball or have a winning season in this transitional situation, that's definitely progressing in the right direction. As we go forward the objectives change and the bar rises but for now I like our direction.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post

Right on Longtime! lose by 40 and the team quits vs. lose by 18 and fight to the finish is indeed progress. That's a talent deficiency not a lost team.
                    This team has great chemistry with each other and the coaching staff. That is obvious to recruits and any observer. That is definite progress over last years dysfunction You have to correct the culture and increase the appeal before you can lure more talent. Its a process and this is all part of it. Progress is needed in many areas not just wins. If you can play .500 ball or have a winning season in this transitional situation, that's definitely progressing in the right direction. As we go forward the objectives change and the bar rises but for now I like our direction.
                    let us hope to see this carried on and improved on. There is a game in 15 minutes. I want to see further effort.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X