X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duke/North Carolina
    Kansas/Villanova

Comment

So there are zero teams from the B1G and zero teams from the SEC and zero teams from the PAC and zero outside of the power 6 of basketball. I would have liked to have seen Houston in there just to knock out the Big East. Oh, I have no interest in watching the rest of the tourney. However, my prediction is Duck versus Kansas and the Kansas winning it.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
        So there are zero teams from the B1G and zero teams from the SEC and zero teams from the PAC and zero outside of the power 6 of basketball. I would have liked to have seen Houston in there just to knock out the Big East. Oh, I have no interest in watching the rest of the tourney. However, my prediction is Duck versus Kansas and the Kansas winning it.
        I suppose if you replaced Villanova with UCLA or KY you'd have an all Blue Blood Final 4 but this is certainly close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

I suppose if you replaced Villanova with UCLA or KY you'd have an all Blue Blood Final 4 but this is certainly close enough.
          Villanova has won two championships in the past 5 years. I'd call them a blue blood.
          Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 03-28-2022, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Villanova has won two championships in the past 8 years. I'd call them a blue blood.
            nouveau blue

Comment

Not the NCAA but the NIT championship game. xu won with a couple of seconds left by one point. The winning basket was a straight on, brick that banked in. Your favorite coach sean was in attendance.

Comment

Not the NCAA but the NIT championship game. xu won with a couple of seconds left by one point. The winning basket was a straight on, brick that banked in. Your favorite coach sean was in attendance.
                so are you saying that he has already turned them into a champion.

Comment

Looking forward to X raising that NIT banner at Cintas

Impressive run by them. I wonder what Jonas Hayes' next move will be. He could go to Georgia as an assistant, stay on at X as the associate head coach or something else. Wouldn't be surprised if Butler makes its move and Hayes gets consideration for that head coaching position.

Comment

NC just showed how important making free throws is. What a game with the number of lead changes and ties. However, it was NC making all of their free throws down the stretch to win.

Comment

Watching UNC run away with things in the first half - 20 game mins away from its second title in five tourneys - got me thinking …

Calipari and more recently Krzyzewski have been running NBA farm systems. Great recruiting classes. Getting kids to the league. UK and Duke are very attractive to top talent. And I’m sure the NIL $ is great. But the sample size is big enough to say that it’s not the recipe for winning NCAA titles.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                        Watching UNC run away with things in the first half - 20 game mins away from its second title in five tourneys - got me thinking …

Calipari and more recently Krzyzewski have been running NBA farm systems. Great recruiting classes. Getting kids to the league. UK and Duke are very attractive to top talent. And I’m sure the NIL $ is great. But the sample size is big enough to say that it’s not the recipe for winning NCAA titles.
                        Good thing they play two halfs. LOL

Comment

I turned the game off at the half. Who would have thought Kansas would make that comeback. Big 12 champions the past two years. UC had better get moving to keep up with that.

And this, the winners and losers of the tournament. I would say UC fans were the losers because our team did not make it. But here is the write up. Biggest Winners and Losers of the 2022 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
                          Last edited by bearcatbret; 04-05-2022, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Good thing they play two halfs. LOL
                            HA true... but my point holds.

Comment

Well that's two NCAA titles in a row for the BIg XII. Time to up the recruiting a bit.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                Well that's two NCAA titles in a row for the BIg XII. Time to up the recruiting a bit.
                                You think - the recruiting wasn't good enough for the current conference the last 5 years. The cats need a a major recruit or transfer - and a couple more - we are just not a football school

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X