No announcement yet.

Maui

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched it this am. Not an embarrassment and CWM got them ready. I wonder if they were thinking of Palm trees against NKU. Hope for the future. The cats won't be facing such bigs hopefully so that is good. VIK VIK VIK showed he is getting ready. The frosh were good and Nolley was exceptional. Again, even the announcers said too quick 3s. Thank you JD. Lot to work on, but they can improve. Overall, I hate losing, but there is hope if they play hard the rest of the year.

Comment

Arizona was held under their season average.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
        I watched it this am. Not an embarrassment and CWM got them ready. I wonder if they were thinking of Palm trees against NKU. Hope for the future. The cats won't be facing such bigs hopefully so that is good. VIK VIK VIK showed he is getting ready. The frosh were good and Nolley was exceptional. Again, even the announcers said too quick 3s. Thank you JD. Lot to work on, but they can improve. Overall, I hate losing, but there is hope if they play hard the rest of the year.
        Should note that NKU lost by 21 (!) to Florida Gulf Coast yesterday.

Via Adam Jardy, OSU's beat writer from the Dispatch: "To me, that looks like and feels like an NCAA Tournament team." Arizona coach Tommy Lloyd on Cincinnati, Ohio State's opponent Tuesday in the Maui Invitational.

Hope UC comes ready today. Tipping off close to midnight our time and then playing at 5:00 ET today is like if they played a normal 7:00 p.m. tip and had to come back and play a noon game the next day. Obviously OSU is only three hours ahead, but that extra rest can't hurt the Buckeyes.

Former UC transfer portal target Sean McNeil went for 22 last night, almost entirely in the second half. Standout freshman Brice Sensabaugh had 17 off the bench. OSU's roster is Zed Key, Justice Sueing (very good previously but missed last year due to injury) and a bunch of grad transfers and freshmen. Have some talent but not experienced playing together.

OSU 4 point favorites
        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-22-2022, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Should note that NKU lost by 21 (!) to Florida Gulf Coast yesterday.

Via Adam Jardy, OSU's beat writer from the Dispatch: "To me, that looks like and feels like an NCAA Tournament team." Arizona coach Tommy Lloyd on Cincinnati, Ohio State's opponent Tuesday in the Maui Invitational.

Hope UC comes ready today. Tipping off close to midnight our time and then playing at 5:00 ET today is like if they played a normal 7:00 p.m. tip and had to come back and play a noon game the next day. Obviously OSU is only three hours ahead, but that extra rest can't hurt the Buckeyes.

Former UC transfer portal target Sean McNeil went for 22 last night, almost entirely in the second half. Standout freshman Brice Sensabaugh had 17 off the bench. OSU's roster is Zed Key, Justice Sueing (very good previously but missed last year due to injury) and a bunch of grad transfers and freshmen. Have some talent but not experienced playing together.

OSU 4 point favorites
          Key is really strong and quick for his size. He gets into foul trouble like Vik, but they have a frosh who blocks and alters shots in the paint. TOSU has a good outside game, but I think the key will be Sueing. Do the cats have someone that can handle him, as I don't think JD can handle his quickness and tenacity. Nolley must repeat his game.

Comment

Looking back at this game , if I recollect correctly, it seemed that Arizona played man to man defense all the time, not the zone that always seem to baffle UC. Great effort by UC to play even with Arizona after Arizona gained a very early first half 10 point lead.

Comment

A win against Ohio State would be huge for the program... I know one thing, I want to see more of Reed tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                A win against Ohio State would be huge for the program... I know one thing, I want to see more of Reed tonight!
                For years, OSU was never willing to play UC. Then there was, of course, the blow out in Indy (?) during the Oden/Conley year that was Mick's first year. Then they played in the Sweet 16 in 2012. Then they opened the 2018 and 2019 seasons versus Ohio State. ... L, L, L, L ... would be nice to get that allusive W, plus would be great for this year's team and the program as BearKatz said

By the way, anyone on Bearcat News actually in Maui?

Comment

Nolley's 33 points = most for a Bearcat since Jarron Cumberland hit 33 versus Houston in 2019

Nolley's 9 triples tied Lazelle Durden and Deonta Vaughn (2x) for second-most 3s, obviously trailing Mel Levett's 10

https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...99871001731073

Comment

What’s maybe on my mind, if Nolley II doesn’t have a career night behind the arc, this thing’s a blowout. I wonder why Reed, scoring nearly a point per minute, didn’t find his way back on the floor?

Comment

Game 5: Texas Tech beat Louisville 70-38.

Texas Tech will play the winner of UC/OSU at 2:30 p.m. ET tomorrow on ESPN2

Louisville will play the loser at 7:30 p.m. ET tomorrow on ESPNU

FWIW, KenPom #s: Texas Tech 28, Ohio State 31, Cincinnati 67, Louisville 138
                      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-22-2022, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Being the holiday season, always remember...

Every time a Louisville fan cries, an angel gets it's wings

Comment

U of L is not very talented. NKU might beats them by 35.

Comment

Standard starters
                            https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiMxT27X...jpg&name=small

Comment

the real battle of Ohio -- sorry X & Dayton although those 4 should be in a tourney every year with the host changing yearly

Comment

I regress make it a 8 school tourney - with 4 of the best of the rest - It is only 3 games and that will answer a lot of questions in Ohio

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X