Maui

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
    Not to take anything away from the win but it was against a winless team in Louisville. Don’t get me wrong, I am happy they won but I would not boast about this win.
    Dan Hoard: I enjoyed watching that #Bearcats win. I don’t care about Louisville’s record. I liked UC’s unselfishness and it looked like Jeremiah Davenport really made an effort to be a vocal leader. It certainly makes the long flight home a lot more enjoyable for players, coaches, and fans

Comment

• I’ll take this win. Better passing, less selfish, and Vik looks like he may turn out to be something special. That steal and dunk is something I thought I’d never see. Happy for the win.

Comment

• Aye when is davenport going back to small forward? Lahkin needs a real center to be a productive forward. Tired of the experiment offense, Dejulius needs to come off the bench 26 points no rebounds no assists 1 steal, what was that 1 free throw attempt. NOT UC Basketball. They got beat by OSu should have won and beat a struggling Louisville team, wake me when they get serious about the program and reputation 😴

Comment

• I'm not jumping off the bandwagon just because the team is going through growing pains. The roster is imperfect and will be until CWM and his staff can finish adding talent. This is a transition year.

I will come to as many home games as I can get to and watch every road game. I remain optimistic.

Comment

• Solid win. Anytime we can beat UofL its a great day. Let’s build on this & get a nice winning streak going.

Comment

• After OSU I’ll take the W.

Louisville sucks. That is all

Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The Cats played their hearts out against the eventual winner Arizona. They looked and played tired against tOSU after a very short rest and the result showed it. They regrouped and put effort against Loserville and were rewarded with a W. For all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this board they actually didn't do that bad in Maui and I have hopes for the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                  I'm not jumping off the bandwagon just because the team is going through growing pains. The roster is imperfect and will be until CWM and his staff can finish adding talent. This is a transition year.

I will come to as many home games as I can get to and watch every road game. I remain optimistic.
                  Yea, I'm actually not discouraged. Vik has improved quite a bit, albeit he still needs to get his mental game worked out to stay on the court. Some of his fouls are just mind boggling. I forget the number of fouls you get in European ball but he plays like he gets 8 instead of 5. I read in another board where someone wondered why they don't leave him under the basket when he's guarding a big who can't shoot. One reason, he'd pick up even more fouls if he "protected the rim". That said, this team isn't build for 3 games in 3 days particularly playing a racehorse game against AZ at the start. I believer they are improved over last year, and could use a healthy JN which may be a pipe dream. We'll see, but when the shots are going down they may be tough to beat particularly at home. The game against X will be interesting as they are not very good on defense either right now. Nolley is such a better shooter when he doesn't put the ball on the floor it's noticeable. Onward.

Comment

• The combination of Davenport and Lahkin is slowing down both their progress. Lahkin would do better at power forward with his scoring ability size and footwork. Put a real center next to him and he's a viable option. Happy to see MAW back starting at point, naturally looks better. Davenport deserves to start at small forward, he's gonna be a liability on defense against real power forwards and centers. Plus his high energy would be good at his natural position.

The experiment is costing wins and not leading to a authentic identity. Sit Dejulius and bring him off the bench, unless he's scoring what is he doing?

A coach isn't defined by the talent he brings in but what he does with the talent he has. Everything else comes later. No disrespect to Coach Wes, he's got the ability to spot talent but the 2 guard 2 small forward offense looks like a liability. If this is to get seniors starting spots, it's time to take off the Bro hat and do what is necessary.

Comment

• so we are saying this has bought CWM time. We will see when they play X. They must put up a fight.

Comment

• CWM is going to get the entire length of his contract so it's really not about him buying more time. He deserves the chance to develope a team consisting of all his players. It apparently is the consensus of a majority here on this board that the leftover players cannot play the style that the coach is trying to play. At least not in any configuration that he has so far implemented. In the past it seemed coaches built teams and won by finding out to utilize each of the pieces. CWM seems determined to first find the pieces he needs to play the style he wants. And that's going to take at least two more recruiting classes, if everyone he recruits doesn't transfer out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                          CWM is going to get the entire length of his contract so it's really not about him buying more time. He deserves the chance to develope a team consisting of all his players. It apparently is the consensus of a majority here on this board that the leftover players cannot play the style that the coach is trying to play. At least not in any configuration that he has so far implemented. In the past it seemed coaches built teams and won by finding out to utilize each of the pieces. CWM seems determined to first find the pieces he needs to play the style he wants. And that's going to take at least two more recruiting classes, if everyone he recruits doesn't transfer out.
                          We shall see, but until then------------------------------------------

Comment

• I am curious as to why Hensely's playing time was limited against OSU and Looville.

Comment

• Here are my observations from Maui (watched on TV): 1) This team gives up a lot of points. Even if you take away the Arizona game, UC gave up an average of 71.5 pts game and scored an average of 67 pts. 2) They are a pretty good up-tempo, quick shot, and fast break team. They seem to be able to run on teams that play fast tempo (Cleveland State, EKU). UC actually won the 2nd half in the Arizona game by outscoring them 63 to 61. It really does not matter because UC lost the game. 3) This is NOT a good half-court team. Half court play seems to disrupt this team's ability to play natural on offense. The half-court defense needs reevaluation. THIS NOT A GOOD MAN-TO-MAN DEFENSIVE TEAM. Why not try a zone or something other than the very weak man-to-man. Overall, Cincinnati played some of the best offensive basketball all season against Arizona. UC seems to look better in the fast paced up tempo style. However, there are plenty of half court teams in the American (Tulsa, Temple, Tulane (zone), Houston (can play in the half court), etc.) that will probably give UC some problems. If you take away the Arizona game, Cincinnati, on the season, is only outscoring teams 68 - 66. It is still early in the season. UC is 4-3 and did "alright in Maui" because they came away with at least one win. THIS TEAM HAS A LOT TO WORK ON. I hope that the UC coaching staff might go over the team and reevaluate every position on the team and the way that this team plays. They really need to learn how to play in the half-court. I hope that the UC coaching staff has learned something about this team. I also hope that the defensive problems can be addressed. To tell you the truth, it bothers me that when we see Cincinnati basketball again, it will look the same way that it always has under Wes Miller. Here's hoping that the team will play better because of Maui.
                              Last edited by leeraymond; 11-25-2022, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                                I am curious as to why Hensely's playing time was limited against OSU and Looville.
                                Daniel Skillings

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X