Bryant 12/4 12:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BearKatz
    Veteran
    • Oct 2014
    • 3225

    #31
    I missed the game today.. That being said, from what I could tell the Cats looked good today... Looks like Skillings and Reed had good games!

    Comment

    • longtimefan
      Veteran
      • Mar 2009
      • 5495

      #32
      Originally posted by BearKatz
      I missed the game today.. That being said, from what I could tell the Cats looked good today... Looks like Skillings and Reed had good games!
      Yes, both looked really good. Reed is starting to remind me of Freshman Gary Clark, but with a better shot. Skillings with a double-double. Those two guys are huge for our future.

      Comment

      • SKell82155
        Member
        • Mar 2022
        • 252

        #33
        All good stuff. Glad to see the Fr getting minutes
        and progressing . Was not able to view today’s
        game but remember Bryant was down 6 players
        i believe to illness ?
        Dont believe we’ll fair well vs X. Hopefully
        someday.

        Comment

        • Bearcat9796
          Distinguished Member
          • Dec 2018
          • 541

          #34
          didn't get to watch much, skillings 4 turnovers, curious, can anyone describe those?

          Comment

          • Lobot
            Administrator
            • Apr 2007
            • 28318

            #35
            I issed this one as well, but I did try and keep track. At the half, Bryant was shooting 15% from the field and worse from 3. They finished at 29%

            If they were missing players that would explain a bit. That's the team that lost to Brown and not the one who beat Syracuse.

            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

            Comment

            • RedDog
              Veteran
              • Jul 2007
              • 1223

              #36
              Originally posted by Bearcat9796
              didn't get to watch much, skillings 4 turnovers, curious, can anyone describe those?
              He is gonna look like a freshman at times, and his TO's were just bad passes. He also missed several layups he would normally make. Having said that, he played a very good game, worked hard on the boards and made a few 3's and drives. I will take that stat line about 20 more times this year and be thrilled.

              FYI I think Bryant was down 3 players not 6 but 2 of them were key guys.

              Comment

              • Lobot
                Administrator
                • Apr 2007
                • 28318

                #37
                Originally posted by Lobot
                I issed this one as well, but I did try and keep track. At the half, Bryant was shooting 15% from the field and worse from 3. They finished at 29%

                If they were missing players that would explain a bit. That's the team that lost to Brown and not the one who beat Syracuse.

                https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401489675
                Bryant was missing five guys and they had guys struggling in the locker room before the game. The whole team is sick and they stayed in Cincinnati to get treatment today instead of flying out
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

                Comment

                • bearcated
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 1090

                  #38
                  I was at the game. Bryant dressed 9 guys. They had 3 or 4 guys sitting on the bench in warmups. Don't know their roster, so I don't know what, if any, starters they were missing.

                  BTW. UC had 2 guys on crutches, Newman and Phinisee. So they had their issues too.

                  Comment

                  • bearcated
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 1090

                    #39
                    Surprised no comments on Tolentino getting his first minutes.

                    To me he looked pretty good. Not a gazelle but ran the floor OK for a guy his size. Moved his feet well on D. True 7 footer with a long reach, so he will be able to alter shots. One set of touches he got on offense he looked OK. Problem is he is pretty scrawny, so he is going to get pushed around a lot by older, more muscular bigs. In a perfect world they'd be able to redshirt him and have him add some muscle. So far so good.

                    UC is down 2 guys they counted on for lots of minutes. Good to see they are giving the freshman minutes now. They will need all they can get.

                    Comment

                    • GoBearcats31
                      Super Moderator
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 11772

                      #40


                      One of the Bryant players is in stable condition but in intensive care at a Cincinnati hospital. He was one of the players held out yesterday... sounds like the Bryant/Tulane game has been PPD.

                      Comment

                      • Lobot
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 28318

                        #41
                        Kinda wondering what the actual issue with these guys. Don’t need the Bearcats getting sick before X and down two or three players
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

                        Comment

                        • RedDog
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2007
                          • 1223

                          #42
                          What is Davenports situation health wise and Kalu's status?

                          Comment

                          • Lobot
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 28318

                            #43
                            Kalu is a mystery right now. Nobody’s seems what was up with DBP yesterday. We might find out at tomorrows presser.

                            I have not heard anything on Davenport but I’ve been focusing on football recently
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

                            Comment

                            • swilsonsp4
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2007
                              • 5089

                              #44
                              Originally posted by Lobot
                              Kalu is a mystery right now. Nobody’s seems what was up with DBP yesterday. We might find out at tomorrows presser.

                              I have not heard anything on Davenport but I’ve been focusing on football recently
                              Per Terry Nelson after the game Sunday, Davenport has a broken nose. As far as Ezikpe is concerned, it was a coach's decision. He has not worked out in the system as expected, leading to Tolentino's first appearance. That blew the red shirt, as the rules for basketball are different from those of football. Instead of an allowance of a certain number of appearances, in basketball one time on the floor burns a year.

                              Comment

                              • SawyerHall68
                                Member
                                • Oct 2013
                                • 79

                                #45
                                I was surprised that the refs did not review the play when Davenport got hit hard with a flying rebounding elbow by the Bryant defensive player. I'm fact while bleeding they didn't even stop the game action.

                                Comment

                                Responsive Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...