The Wes Miller Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wes Miller Thread

Wes has received a contract extension from UC. The new deal runs through '28-29 and more than doubles his annual pay.

Details here ($):

https://theathletic.com/3999952/2022...ler-extension/
    Last edited by Lobot; 12-14-2022, 10:35 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

well that was quick. What was his performance evaluated on for such a quick extension. I read the article, but I am confused. Is it about a chance for recruiting and transfer success?

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
      well that was quick. What was his performance evaluated on for such a quick extension.
      From the article: Recruiting and stability moving into the Big XII.

Cunningham is obviously pretty confident in Wes being the right guy for the job.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If you don't have access for The Athletic article, here's a free one.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...r/69727424007/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

From the article: Recruiting and stability moving into the Big XII.

Cunningham is obviously pretty confident in Wes being the right guy for the job.
          So I guess Cunningham and others know him more in many areas besides the team on the court and this decision is based on more than a hunch.

Comment

I guess wins and losses aren't the predominant factor in the adminsistration's evaluation of CWM's performance. A cool 125% increase in annual salary. You don't see that in the private sector.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
              I guess wins and losses aren't the predominant factor in the adminsistration's evaluation of CWM's performance. A cool 125% increase in annual salary. You don't see that in the private sector.
              I would hope its not simply wins and losses, at least in such a small sample size. The guy is a class act and a great ambassador for our program and the behind the scenes evaluation of how he conducts himself. recruits, and runs his program, are far more important at this early juncture. Wes checks all the boxes In Cunninghams eyes. The wins will come. I find the extension refreshing in this otherwise impatient and win now and at all cost society. Congrats to Wes and JC.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post

I would hope its not simply wins and losses, at least in such a small sample size. The guy is a class act and a great ambassador for our program and the behind the scenes evaluation of how he conducts himself. recruits, and runs his program, are far more important at this early juncture. Wes checks all the boxes In Cunninghams eyes. The wins will come. I find the extension refreshing in this otherwise impatient and win now and at all cost society. Congrats to Wes and JC.
                ^^^Great post RedDog. Couldn’t agree more.

Comment

I like everything about CWM and the job he's doing for the basketball program, other than the evaluation of talent and the utilization of players. And I know He has been handed a bad hand to start to build a program with and that the wins will eventually come, but there's too much wasted unproductive playing time, too many portal acquisitions that do not contribute, and way too much selfishness that he has put up with on the team. I say that knowing that injuries are going to and have actually happened. I just feel the majority of transfers coming in so far these past two years are not exactly as they were hyped up to be and a feeling with "buyers remorse". I don't feel a "team" has been begun to be built, whether it is the transfer portal itself, the nil, or the players left from the old administration, or the assistant coaches or staff, but I'm not feeling or seeing any type of "bearcat" basketball for almost a season and a half. Remember Conner Baldwin coming from the football team so we could have a body to bang around the rim for a chance at second shots? I'm having a hard time wading through these rosters waiting for one that is comprised all of CWM's recruits and choices, but I'm still gonna root for them. Go 'cats. And congrats to CWM.

Comment

I'm sorry, this is way too early for an extension. Just my humble opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                      I like everything about CWM and the job he's doing for the basketball program, other than the evaluation of talent and the utilization of players. And I know He has been handed a bad hand to start to build a program with and that the wins will eventually come, but there's too much wasted unproductive playing time, too many portal acquisitions that do not contribute, and way too much selfishness that he has put up with on the team. I say that knowing that injuries are going to and have actually happened. I just feel the majority of transfers coming in so far these past two years are not exactly as they were hyped up to be and a feeling with "buyers remorse". I don't feel a "team" has been begun to be built, whether it is the transfer portal itself, the nil, or the players left from the old administration, or the assistant coaches or staff, but I'm not feeling or seeing any type of "bearcat" basketball for almost a season and a half. Remember Conner Baldwin coming from the football team so we could have a body to bang around the rim for a chance at second shots? I'm having a hard time wading through these rosters waiting for one that is comprised all of CWM's recruits and choices, but I'm still gonna root for them. Go 'cats. And congrats to CWM.
                      very much a truthful evaluation was your post.-- Yes there is a place for being nice, but also nice often finishes last as Leo Durocher said ""Nice guys finish last.". I understand why the extension and so I will have a wait and see while continuing to support the team. But JC better be right or we are back with a very bad situation.

Comment

Unfortunately, these extensions do not mean longevity for these college coaches. They jump for better offers all the time.....Fickell

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                          Unfortunately, these extensions do not mean longevity for these college coaches. They jump for better offers all the time.....Fickell
                          Our current basketball coach does not have the resume to jump yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Our current basketball coach does not have the resume to jump yet.
                            No, but you get my point.

Comment

Wes looked sick as a dog in the halftime interview tonight . I wasn’t the only one who thought so either.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X