X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball Coaching Carousel

Texas has fired Chris Beard
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ch-chris-beard

Good and good riddance. Even hint of domestic violence is unacceptable. First time in a long time that I applaud UT-Austin
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
      Good and good riddance. Even hint of domestic violence is unacceptable. First time in a long time that I applaud UT-Austin
      A hint as in a lie? She back tracked her statement:

"Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening," Trew said in her statement. "Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way."

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

A hint as in a lie? She back tracked her statement:

"Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening," Trew said in her statement. "Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way."
        As in given time to reflect the impact of her original statement on their money train, we wish to revise the truth in an attempt to keep the money train rolling in.

Comment

"Beard’s contract contained a standard clause among agreements with UT-Austin that allows the university to suspend or fire him with cause for any behavior that is “unbecoming” or leads to a criminal charge “involving a felony, or any crime involving theft, dishonesty, or moral turpitude,”

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/01...rd-basketball/

The fact that he she had him charged or that the police charged him was enough for UT to get out of the contract and fire him for cause.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So, we know what to do if we ever want to move on from a coach ?

Comment

Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post
              This is tragic.

Comment

Notre Dame's Mike Brey will retire after this season
                https://und.com/mike-brey-to-step-away-at-end-of-the-season/
                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-19-2023, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post
                  This is not what we want for any spouse/partner of any coach, nor would we want the coaches to be in that situation. The clause is in the contract in the hopefully unlikely event something this awful were to ever happen. I'm not sure what you mean by "we know what to do". However, firing a coach for cause is easy when they do something like this, but it wasn't so easy when there were a lot of gray areas adding up to no good when Brannen was suspended then let go.

Comment

The Green Bay Phoenix have fired their coach, Will Ryan (Bo's son), after two and a half seasons that includes this year's 2-19 start and a losing streak of 11 that he won't be around to end.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                      Notre Dame's Mike Brey will retire after this season
                      https://und.com/mike-brey-to-step-away-at-end-of-the-season/
                      Update -- Brey is not retiring after this season, he will just no longer be at ND. In other words, they must have reached an agreement for him to leave. https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...11222650982443

Comment

I think it's safe to say every position on New Mexico St will be open soon. Staff is on admin leave and the program has been suspended for the season for hazing. Portal people are already happening and this is all not connected to a player on player shooting earlier in the year between NMSU and UNM.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-resume-season
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          I think it's safe to say every position on New Mexico St will be open soon. Staff is on admin leave and the program has been suspended for the season for hazing. Portal people are already happening and this is all not connected to a player on player shooting earlier in the year between NMSU and UNM.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-resume-season
                          The NMSU Board of Regents are scheduled to meet tomorrow to discuss "limited personnel matters", per the Albuquerque Journal. I'm sure they're looking for a way to fire the HC for cause. That seldom works well for the school.

In this case, I'm surprised they didn't sanction the coach after the shooting incident. He gathered up his team and staff and left Albuquerque without allowing three involved team members to speak with the police. The NM highway patrol had to stop their bus that was headed back to Las Cruces.

And we thought the John Brannen era ended messily.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

This is not what we want for any spouse/partner of any coach, nor would we want the coaches to be in that situation. The clause is in the contract in the hopefully unlikely event something this awful were to ever happen. I'm not sure what you mean by "we know what to do". However, firing a coach for cause is easy when they do something like this, but it wasn't so easy when there were a lot of gray areas adding up to no good when Brannen was suspended then let go.
                            Was meant to be tongue in cheek, sorry.
                            But it does open up a can of worms imo.

Comment

To no one's surprise, NMSU just fired Gred Heiar. They'll find someone willing to take over that dumpster fire. ESPN didn't specify if the decision was cause-based, but that seems obvious. I have no idea if Heiar would have any legal leg to stand on, given the circumstances.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X