Basketball Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Seth Davis is reporting that McNeese is closing in on Will Wade -- the coach fired from LSU for cause a year ago. He could still face a significant penalty from the NCAA, though this does not preclude McNeese State from hiring him if they choose to.
    Done Deal. Begs the question whether the stuff he did at LSU is legal with NIL rules
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

ESPN reporting Chris Beard to Ole Miss is close to a done deal
      https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nt-chris-beard

Jeff Goodman may have had this first, expects it to be announced in 24-48 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
        Anyone worried about CWM going back home to UNC if they struggle again next year??
        Yes, UNC is about winning conference and national titles, and if they aren't in those races it is a failure. I can easily see Wes being in the conversation to succeed Davis, and he would likely have great interest. I hope Wes stays at Cincinnati and we lay out the red carpet for him to stay; however, no one could begrudge him going to UNC should the job be offered to him.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I would bet the house that UNC gives Davis all time of His contract to turn things around.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
            Speaking of coaches, I wasn't aware that Larry Brown mentors Coach Miller and was instrumental in bringing Nolley to UC. Coach Brown is a legend and is legendary for leaving successful programs.
            Really? Larry Brown was a GREAT defensive coach. I do not see where Brown has influenced Miller's defensive coaching. Brown was a master at the switching man-to-man defense. Check out some old Detroit Piston game film during Brown's tenure there.

Comment

@JonRothstein -- Source: Georgia Tech is expected to hire Boston Celtics assistant Damon Stoudamire as its next head basketball coach barring something unforeseen.

Comment

Chris Beard to Ole Miss
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Rothstein's sources say Aaron McKie out at Temple -- UC gave him a tough L there at the end
                  Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-13-2023, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah. I don’t understand that one. Must be something else there
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      wasn't there a situation with his best player not being there against the cats

Comment

Chris Mack not ready to return to coaching
                        https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...s/70006280007/

He's getting lots of money to not coach and they're planning to move to Florida. Seems like a pretty decent set up!

Comment

Clemson will stick with Brad Brownell
                          https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...09062660567040

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

wasn't there a situation with his best player not being there against the cats
                            Khalif Battle but I don't have any details on why he wasn't on the team down the stretch.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              I do not understand that one either especially since most of Temple's best players are sophomores. Temple should be a very good team next year, assuming everyone comes back. McKie is good recruiter.

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

I do not understand that one either especially since most of Temple's best players are sophomores. Temple should be a very good team next year, assuming everyone comes back. McKie is good recruiter.

some in Philly are saying the Owls folding down the stretch was it, but had to be more with him being an alum and hero

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X