No announcement yet.

Basketball Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Roberts has resurfaced at NC State.

I’m guessing here but I’m going with family issues and he had to go home to Carolina?
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Mike Roberts has resurfaced at NC State.

I’m guessing here but I’m going with family issues and he had to go home to Carolina?
      Unless his wife is from there (as he coached at UNCG for a while) he is from Indiana

Comment

• Tells you what I know. Weird exit though
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Mike Roberts has resurfaced at NC State.
          And somehow someone on the BCJ board found this release, announcing Mike Roberts has taken a Strategic Account Executive position in Indianapolis for a logistics company https://www.elangham.com/2023/10/16/...unt-executive/

Comment

• "I don't know, Chuck. I just don't know"
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Saw this on social media.
              "Bob Huggins needs 3-4 good seasons to become the 3rd coach in NCAA basketball history to record 1000 wins. Louisville is a historically top 10 program but are coming off a 4-28 season in Kenny Payne's first year. Could we see Huggy Bear bounce back somewhere for a few years and reach coaching immortality?!?!? #ncaabasketball #wvubasketball #mountaineers #louisville #BobHuggins #huggybear"
              Compared to Coach K at 1202 wins in 47 years, Boeheim at 1015 wins in 47 years. Huggins has 936 wins in 41 seasons.

Comment

• Bryant is open. Jared Grasso has resigned on the heels of being placed on leave all season after a police video of him surfaced being weird to police after a alleged hit and run. Hit and run charges were dropped 4 days ago. Very odd.

https://www.nj.com/sports/2023/11/br...-on-leave.html
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bryant is open. Jared Grasso has resigned on the heels of being placed on leave all season after a police video of him surfaced being weird to police after a alleged hit and run. Hit and run charges were dropped 4 days ago. Very odd.

https://www.nj.com/sports/2023/11/br...-on-leave.html
                  Phil Martelli, Jr. = new head coach at Bryant

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Phil Martelli, Jr. = new head coach at Bryant
                    This is a promotion from within, as makes perfect sense this late into the season. He's been on the Bryant staff since 2018 and was promoted previously to associate head coach in 2020.

Comment

• Speaking of Martelli, Phil Sr. is basically the acting head coach at Michigan right now. Is Juwan Howard still recovering from his heart procedure?
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                        Saw this on social media.
                        "Bob Huggins needs 3-4 good seasons to become the 3rd coach in NCAA basketball history to record 1000 wins. Louisville is a historically top 10 program but are coming off a 4-28 season in Kenny Payne's first year. Could we see Huggy Bear bounce back somewhere for a few years and reach coaching immortality?!?!? #ncaabasketball #wvubasketball #mountaineers #louisville #BobHuggins #huggybear"
                        Compared to Coach K at 1202 wins in 47 years, Boeheim at 1015 wins in 47 years. Huggins has 936 wins in 41 seasons.
                        He's a lock for "Most wins without a ring."

Comment

• Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

He's a lock for "Most wins without a ring."
                          You're right but he was as close as you can get to being a lock for a ring before Martin went down. I was sick to my stomach when that happened, I can't imagine how it affected Huggs in so many ways.

Comment

Speaking of Martelli, Phil Sr. is basically the acting head coach at Michigan right now. Is Juwan Howard still recovering from his heart procedure?
                            That's correct. Not sure if a timetable is in place for Howard to return.

Michigan looked really good against Pitino's new-look St. John's team on Monday night. They appear to be in good hands under Martelli Sr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carthage World View Post

That's correct. Not sure if a timetable is in place for Howard to return.

Michigan looked really good against Pitino's new-look St. John's team on Monday night. They appear to be in good hands under Martelli Sr.
                              Doesn't surprise me. Martelli has more experience than Howard does. Dude is 70.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Louisville fans have started the hashtag #ThePickisMIck in an effort to get Cronin back to U of L when Kenny Payne finally gets canned.

I don't think they understand what they're walking into with this one. If they pull it off, who is he going to recruit? The reason he's not doing well at UCLA is Alford;'s players all graduated or left and he doesn't want to play the NIL game. The Bruin's roster is full of young International players who can't earn NIL as a result. I also have hard time thinking that Louisville boosters have more money to throw around than UCLA folks.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X